FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Pyrotechnics...I'm not getting it

By VinnietheCleric August 11, 2012, 16:09:50

Could anyone explain to me how Pyrotechnics works, because it is really confusing to me @[email protected]

And I can assume a lot of you are just going to say "Don't use it, it sucks" but I would still like to know how to use it. Teleporting an enemy into the furthest side of a firewall and making that enemy walk through it seems pretty effective to me.

0 0
Reactions 9
Score : 6592

If you're a Fire Rogue, you absolutely need Pyrotechnics. Pyrotechnics randomly moves a target around a bomb within its conceptual 9-cell Firewall zone (but you don't need Firewall to use Pyrotechnics).

There are some occasions where you absolutely will need to use Pyrotechnics over Magnetic Claw.

The first situation is when you have Firewall setup and you want to do a Firewall-Cell damage combo for the target yet the target is standing on a bomb. If you try to Magnetic Claw the target (assuming its an enemy), you'll end up picking up the bomb the target was standing on because Magnetic Claw prioritizes picking up a bomb versus pushing a target on top of the Bomb. This can both hurt your Firewall damage or remove the Firewall effect if there aren't enough other bomb around and make it awkward for you to replace the bomb. Pyrotechnics can help you get around this situation by teleporting the enemy target around a bomb causing them to take Fire Cell damage.

The second situation is when you need to move an ally from a space. You can't use Magnetic Claw on allies so your only option is to use Pyrotechnics to randomly move them from one space to another cell around (or on) the bomb.

Pyrotechnics gets weirder as you have more bombs placed when you use it. There will be more conceptual zones for you to teleport a target to where the bombs overlap. I haven't figured out the exact method of how Pyrotechnics works in this situation but its really fun to use.

0 0
Score : 530

Pyrotechnics also works with Boombot.

1 0
Exeuntz|2012-08-12 11:34:22
Pyrotechnics also works with Boombot.

Nice catch, I almost forgot about this myself!
0 0
Score : 202

Pyrotechnics also gets really interesting as you gain more AP and level it ohmy With my level 43 rogue, with sub-optimal equips and not a lot of int, I can deal 45-50 damage for every fire cell touched. With Pyrotechnics at max it only costs 2 AP, so you can cast it three times with just 6 AP, meaning an easy high of 150 damage.
Lets say you're specced for AP, and use two satisfaction rings (Fairly easy to pull off, but you're pretty squishy). One turn you throw down all three blinding bombs, the next you summon a bombot to keep your charges and act as you see fit (Maybe throw down more bombs if you have the mechanics). Then you can pyrotechnics four times (200 damage on the high end), and use the last AP for a detonator or a pulsar. Then the bombot can blow up the rest and you'll be sitting on a cool 12 AP.. not to mention if the bombs do about 50 per bomb (Which, at least, mine seem to since the respec) and the mobs on the center, a hefty 350 damage. You are then able to throw down up to four blinding bombs on your next turn, or three, pyrotechnics once, and continue the cycle. And that's excluding any damage the mobs take from walking or starting turns on the fire squares
Now this is assuming a lot, like whatever you're fighting is staying on your firewall, you don't have to amp up your charges or relocate anything, and you don't get pushed. But a big part of playing a fire-rogue seems to be trying to predict what the AI's going to do and maxing out damage by almost making them kill themselves. Regardless, as said earlier its a very useful skill, especially if you're building towards firewalls.

0 0

If you're building to maximize Firewall and also have good mobility I strongly recommend going a +1 AP +2 MP build with +3 AP from equipment. This way you can use Blaze whenever you don't want to setup Firewall but when you are using Firewall to kite in PvP you have the 6 MP to kite opponents through your Firewall indirectly (making them choose suboptimal paths to try to get to you without hurting themselves). The extra AP from stats is for giving you the ability to reach 10 AP which means 5 Pyrotechnics casts or 5 Magnetic Claw casts.

Also, unless I'm mistaken I don't think using Detonator increases Fire Cell damage. At least when I was testing whether it did or not (maxed Detonator on bomb within Fire Wall) it didn't seem as if the Fire Wall cells did more damage after Detonator casts on bombs.

0 0

I honestly haven't tested detonator's effect on firecell damage, but a detonator at the end of a turn lets your bombot stack up a few detonators as well, making for more damaging explosions.

And I hadn't considered a high MP build, that's an interesting idea, although I feel like it would sacrifice a fair bit of damage. But then again being able to run around a firewall like that is a very interesting prospect, assuming you don't have to worry about being locked, or pushed. And a 10 AP build seems like it would be difficult to achieve outside of end-game without sacrificing at least some of that MP.

Really, I just wish there was an easier way to get more Mechanics, so one could just keep spreading their firewall behind them as they ran. but that would also be a bit broken.

0 0
Hexavier|2012-08-14 00:31:24
I honestly haven't tested detonator's effect on firecell damage, but a detonator at the end of a turn lets your bombot stack up a few detonators as well, making for more damaging explosions.

And I hadn't considered a high MP build, that's an interesting idea, although I feel like it would sacrifice a fair bit of damage. But then again being able to run around a firewall like that is a very interesting prospect, assuming you don't have to worry about being locked, or pushed. And a 10 AP build seems like it would be difficult to achieve outside of end-game without sacrificing at least some of that MP.

Really, I just wish there was an easier way to get more Mechanics, so one could just keep spreading their firewall behind them as they ran. but that would also be a bit broken.

You can get more Mechanics. There are +2 Mechanics triangle runes that are level 80 or level 100. The level 80 ones can fit into Desmoda rings andther level80+ items with triangle slots but the level 100 ones can only fit into the level 100 triangle items that you have to spend Bronze and Silver tokens on.

Getting the runes can be tough but once you manage to snag one you can make a really big Fire Wall o.o
0 0

Hrm. So, Say you went pure mechanics. Biggest firewall possible. The 1 base, and you got the +2 from rogue mastery, +2 from a rune in an..amulet and/or Ring? +1 from the burning heart breastplate..One from the guardian amulet, another from the Great hon staff/yomato's rope, And another from the Arachnee helmet. and another from the elusive White Crow belt. Thats.. 10-11 mechanics? That's..a lot of fire cells. You very well may be able to cover almost all of a smaller map.

0 0
Score : 586

Remember, Hex, that they have charges. tongue I doubt a firewall will last long enough to get that big.

I'm aiming for 6ish mechanics endgame, so that with 9AP I can make 2 walls in 2 turns... seems to be enough IMO. Plus, that's a lot of bombs exploding.

As to Pyro, it's been well explained. I highly suggest getting it to lvl 7 at least for the 2AP/cast. Besides dancing your enemies around the glyph to trigger it, I also find it useful to send them a few squares away from you, hopefully forcing them to walk through the glyph more.

0 0
Respond to this thread