By continuing to browse this website or by clicking on the X, you consent to the use of cookies that enable us to collect site-visit statistics and offer you videos, share buttons, personalized ads, and a chat feature. Learn more and set cookie preferences X

FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Rogue Master Skill

By GrimackReapum - MEMBER - May 30, 2012, 07:32:14

Hi,

I just wanted to make sure: it is intentional that the +1 AP for every bomb that goes off only counts when the bomb is not thrown at the enemy but at the ground and the counter reaches 0, right? Just like the secondary effects of the bombs only work when detonated from the ground and also not thrown? I've done some field testing and this were my conclusions.
Could someone confirm this? It would be shame as it surely reduces the effects of the fire rogue...

0 0
Reactions 6
Score : 604

Bomb's status effects work even if the bomb is thrown directly on the enemy.

About rogue master: yes it gives the ap only if the bomb is thrown on the ground, The only way to take an advantage of it, for what i found, is to throw multiple bombs and use the boombot to detonate them in a chain, the ap you gain will be usable on your next turn.

I usually do the following rotation:

turn 1. summon the bot + a bomb > use the bot to detonate the bob > get + 1 ap for the next turn.

turn 2. throw 2 bombs in a way that can trigger a chain > use bot to detonate one that detonates the other > get +2 ap for the next turn.

turn 3. same as turn 2 but with 3 bombs.

I think that the fire rogue is designed for throwing bombs on the ground because detonating them with the bot you'll get an extra ap and the bonus on bomb damage you get from apassive is applied only on bombs thrown on the ground (not so sure), bombs have a mediocre-low base damage, but considering that throwing them on the ground make possible to throw more of them, so at the end of the day your damage output rises.

The point is that it takes a lot of effort to pass from a crappy to an average damage output without considering that often you have to spend ap on spell like magnetic claw to exit the lock zone of enemies.

As you may noticed when the fire rogue was firstly released the boombot was considered as a mechanism (kinda) and with + 2 mec you could either throw 3 bobs or throw 2 and summon the bot, recently I saw that the conditions of the bot changed and now it no more count as a mechanism, so whit + 2 mech you can throw 3 bombs having the bot on the ground.

With 3 bombs you can create the bomb wall wich doesn't do anything now but that in the future could make the bomber rogue more evaluable if it will have effects like mp/ap removal.

0 0
Score : 2514

I have another question, how does %dmg from detonator work? And does it even work? I was testing bombs with level 1 detonator, I even tried to stack it for several turns, but it doesn't change bombs damage at all.

0 0
Score : 3528

It only stacks once (the first time you use it on a bomb). Later uses will only help decreasing the charges.

0 0

Aww, that's not good. I thought, you could stack damage for some nice combo. Another question, do pyrotechnics even work?

0 0
Score : 3528

It works but the target has to be within the range of the bombs. It is not intended to always be used as an escape skill, but rather to be used in combination with "fire wall".

Some rogue on Nox server managed to make the fire wall work sometimes (not always) and they said that every time you warp the target around the zone of "fire wall", the target takes damage and decreases the charge of the bomb.

Also, "fire wall" = having 3+ bombs relatively close to each other. You can see the visual effect but it might not deal any damage.

0 0

Ok thanks. I'm thinking about switching my Rogue from air to fire after spells reset, but I'm not sure, does fire Rog do anything useful in dungeons and stuff.
I was playing air Cra before, but now he's so useless in dungeons, that I'm looking for different char. Air Rogue is pretty good, but I want something more tactical.

0 0
Respond to this thread