FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Single Target and Bombs

By GuillaumeFG#8017 - MEMBER - June 04, 2021, 12:06:17

There are some misuderstanding about this around, i asked a few people ingame and level 215 ppl rogues for that matter and they did not come to a concensus so...

I belive:

When you target a Mob / Player with detonate Single Target + Melee is used to calculate damage

When you target a Bomb with detonate it takes the Area + Melee to Calculate damage

Some people are saying that bombs aways use Area of Efect to calculate the damage.

Which is correct? 

0 0
Reactions 8
Score : 519

You are correct, bombs are ST or Area depending on the criteria you have mentioned. Incidentally, if you check the description for the bombs, ST detonations do more base damage, but by using Dynamite and Ruin sublimations you're able to boost the explosion damage if they are destroyed.

Being high level is not exactly the best indicator of in-game knowledge, they might have been power levelled or leveled up much quicker than their experiences can catch up to.

2 -1
Score : 4557

Whoa whoa whoa. PLEASE check Loka's guide if anything Before misinformation like the one above happen. Ya'll know I love my Rogue, I'll do a quick run through.

Detonating on the enemy(Via clicking the enemy with detonation) is the only way the bombs receive Single target mastery or any Single target benefits. Else you could assume it receives AoE benefits (Mastery or buffs dedicated for AoE spells)

Second, Unlike what Arachive said. Ruin does not affect bomb explosions in anyway. Indirect damage bonuses used to affect bombs if exploded by boombot, but not anymore.

Check Loka's guide for easier explaination on calculations and the like. WHile I don't agree with her whole guide and it's actually a bit outdated. You could roughly take away the the base value of what you need to know. Just ignore all the Control stuff, that's outdated.

0 -2
Score : 2558

Are you certain about what you're claiming? Siu has explicitly stated that Dynamite causes a state on bombs when they are exploded, and states inflicted damages are boosted by Ruin. I have personally tested in the beta servers with triple Ruin and damage has been boosted when bombs are killed by Piercing Shot and cause damage via Dynamite.

I have been intensively following up with all indirect damage sources and performing tests myself amidst the changes to indirect damage in the 1.70 update. Please do not hastily dismiss claims based on knowledge on information which is constantly being made irrelevant by all the constant updating.

Edit: To provide evidence, observe:

% DI on Rogue from having carnage = 15%

Damage with triple ruin = 2348
Damage without triple ruin = [ 2348/ (1+0.15+0.1*3) ] * (1 +0.15) = 1862

2 0
Score : 159

Thank you guys for clearing that out once and for all, im just starting my carrer as a rogue player so i have a lot to learn might as well take a look at that guide too !

0 0
Score : 112

Wait so bombs ALWAYS deal damage based off your Melee Mastery? i thought because you detonated them far away it dealt damage based on your Distance Mastery (first time playing Rogue btw)

0 0
Score : 10840
Detonation:
  • Cast on an Enemy: ST Damage
  • Cast on a Bomb: AoE Damage

If Scope isn't equipped: Melee Damage
If Scope is equipped: Distance Damage

Detonation on an Enemy  without Scope: ST + Melee
Detonation on an Enemy  with Scope: ST + Distance

Detonation on a Bomb  without Scope: AoE + Melee
Detonation on a Bomb  with Scope: AoE + Distance

The distance between you and the enemy will never matter when calculating the damage of the explosion.
3 0
Score : 2381

Hey, I tried to send you an Ankabox but it said I had to add you so RIP word wall...

I just wanted to confirm/ clarify that even with the recent changes/patches that self-detonation or detonation using boombot on bombs does increase the dmg they produce if you have Ruin 1/2/3.

I know your screenshot clearly shows this but just wanted additional confirmation before I invest - would be interesting to know if you've also tested the link between this and excess too?

Many thanks,

Trig

Thothus#6662|2021-06-05 14:06:11
Are you certain about what you're claiming? Siu has explicitly stated that Dynamite causes a state on bombs when they are exploded, and states inflicted damages are boosted by Ruin. I have personally tested in the beta servers with triple Ruin and damage has been boosted when bombs are killed by Piercing Shot and cause damage via Dynamite.

I have been intensively following up with all indirect damage sources and performing tests myself amidst the changes to indirect damage in the 1.70 update. Please do not hastily dismiss claims based on knowledge on information which is constantly being made irrelevant by all the constant updating.

Edit: To provide evidence, observe:

% DI on Rogue from having carnage = 15%

Damage with triple ruin = 2348
Damage without triple ruin = [ 2348/ (1+0.15+0.1*3) ] * (1 +0.15) = 1862
0 0
Score : 2558

Excess is consumed on a spell cast, not on an occurrence of damage. Siu has mentioned before in the beta discord when I wanted some clarification, that Detonation is processed as a direct damage spell, so detonation and badabang are boosted by excess. They are NOT boosted by Ruin, the case I have mentioned in my screenshot refers to having the Dynamite passive equipped and destroying them via damage, not triggering them via detonation.

Boombot is no longer able to give increased damage by Ruins (even though it used to before 1.70) because the way indirect damage works is rewritten. Ruins no longer applies increased damage to out-of-turn damage as previously stated in the sublimation description, but instead now works on a case by case basis.

A general rule for what counts as indirect damage now are damage that is done through 1)states (Poisoned wind, Motion Sickness, haemorrhage etc) 2)mechanisms (glyphs, turrets, Sinistroes and Cogs, Traps)

The difference between mechanisms and summons is that summons have their own turn, i.e. they do damage based on their own mastery in the state screen, and not the mastery of the player.

0 0
Respond to this thread