FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

What goes into Fortune Points?

By Rouvinne - MEMBER - November 17, 2019, 08:40:48

Crit%, Block%, Crit dmg, Rear dmg, Berserk, Heal, Rear res, or Crit res?

0 0
Reactions 14
Score : 4356

Well Crit to max and then crit mastery is the default for a DD
Block, berserk and maybe crit resist is good for tanks
Rear damage is good on srams and other high mobility assasins
Heal for pure heal suports like enis

Rear resist feels to situational to ever take imo

0 0
Score : 224

i was reading through some guide, but apparently bombs don't benefit from crit. i tried experimenting but bombs don't benefit from block and berserk either. n i dont heal. so what points do people usually take, and why?

0 0

Amethyic|2019-11-17 22:58:50
While they do seem contradicting to each other, that's just how it is. Like you can take rear res or crit res if you want to be more defensive but if you want to squeeze the most out of your stats, berserk mastery would be the wiser choice as there'd be situations you'll be low HP and that mastery kicks in.

In a way, Rogues get the short end of the stick in statting fortune points. Since bombs don't crit and backstab, that culls out crit chance, crit mastery and rear mastery which are the only offensive options (aside from berserk mastery).

Is an ST/Melee air rogue good later in the game? If I'm gonna need to be at low health anyway, i figured i should be right in the midst of danger, by keeping just enough health using self heal from Slap Shot. Something tells me it's not though..
0 0
Score : 723

That might've been viable pre-rework but now I'm not so sure. Rogues are intrinsically linked with bombs now. Although someone posted in Loka's guide about a distance rogue that deals damage with execution, pulsar and piercing shot and only use bombs for extra damage + WP regen.

0 0
Score : 4356

Rouvinne|2019-11-17 17:14:31
But.. Block helps guarding HP,  while Berserk requires HP to be low. Aren't these two stats opposing each other in terms of purpose?

You can just start with low HP and then protect it with block, or are weak for the first half of the fight, then strong in the second half
0 0

That's the thing; I don't like playing with low health. Makes me unreasonably anxious. I'll put the stats in berserker, but I won't benefit from it.

0 0
Score : 1591

Rouvinne|2019-11-17 11:14:31
But.. Block helps guarding HP,  while Berserk requires HP to be low. Aren't these two stats opposing each other in terms of purpose?

Look at it this way... once your hp is low, block helps prevent your HP from getting lower. Berserk damage is kind of like a little boost for you if you get below 50%. It iss totally reasonable to just dump it all into berserk mastery, though. The fortune branch in its entirety is pretty iffy for rogue just cuz a lot of it doesn't apply to bombs. 

Rouvinne|2019-11-18 00:52:00

Amethyic|2019-11-17 22:58:50
While they do seem contradicting to each other, that's just how it is. Like you can take rear res or crit res if you want to be more defensive but if you want to squeeze the most out of your stats, berserk mastery would be the wiser choice as there'd be situations you'll be low HP and that mastery kicks in.

In a way, Rogues get the short end of the stick in statting fortune points. Since bombs don't crit and backstab, that culls out crit chance, crit mastery and rear mastery which are the only offensive options (aside from berserk mastery).

Is an ST/Melee air rogue good later in the game? If I'm gonna need to be at low health anyway, i figured i should be right in the midst of danger, by keeping just enough health using self heal from Slap Shot. Something tells me it's not though..

ST/Melee Rogue generally works late game, but you have to use bombs as a rogue no matter what, so if you're trying to get around using bombs... that's not gonna work lol.

A tanky ST/Melee Rogue with a lot of lock and HP is fun because you can get enemies to get stuck around you and your bombs, but for PvE it's hard for me to recommend ST in general.

Seems like you're thinking about having to always benefit from berserk mastery, which, I don't think is how you should see it at all. You should focus on enabling your primary masteries, like melee and ST, and just see Berserk Mastery as a bonus.

Fortune branch is just iffy for Rogue. I could even make an argument for Healing Mastery on Rogue for Fortune, lol. There just isn't any particularly good stat for rogue in there.

0 0

Yeah.. learned that firsthand. I died more times than i survived being an ST/Melee Air rogue. Back to the bombs..

0 0
Score : 34

Rouvinne|2019-11-21 11:42:13
Viable perhaps, but not for newbies like me probably. I died more times than i survived being an ST/Melee Air Rogue. Back to the bombs..

But the thing is, even as an st melee, you can play exclusively the bombs. Heal yourself on bombs youre not gonna use, and maybe burst some mob that comes close enough without bombs (if you know your damage)
0 0
Respond to this thread