By continuing to browse this website or by clicking on the X, you consent to the use of cookies that enable us to collect site-visit statistics and offer you videos, share buttons, personalized ads, and a chat feature. Learn more and set cookie preferences X

FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Loka's Rogue Guide

By Natscha - MEMBER - August 02, 2019, 03:15:35

Hi y’all. I’m Loka. I’m a rogue from Nox, and I’ve noticed that a lot of people seem to want some kind of rogue guide. I’ve been thinking about doing this since the rogue revamp came out, so yeah. Here’s a general rogue guide for 1.62+. 

First thing’s first: if you’re looking for a guide on how to play rogue without bombs, you aren’t going to find that here. Or anywhere. Playing 1.62+ rogue without bombs is like playing Feca without glyphs/armors, or Eliotrope without Portals, or playing Cra but melee: you could technically do it, but it’s not very good. In 1.62+ Rogue’s case, it’s just a bad idea. Bombs are Rogue’s main mechanic, and if you don’t want to play Rogue with their main mechanic, pick another class to play, or suffer, I guess. In this guide I’ll be talking about damage rogue: both AoE and ST. I’ll talk about what spells are good at what levels, what passives are good, what characteristics to go for, and a general sense of the type of gear you can get. At the end, I’ll also explain how bombs work, since there seems to be a lot of confusion on the topic. Also, all damage numbers and such are based on level 200. 

Let’s get started. 

GENERAL REQUIREMENTS FOR ROGUE BUILDS 

Anything less than 7 Control is generally unacceptable as a Rogue, since most Rogues bring 2 different types of bombs and need that last control for Boombot. So when figuring out your gear, remember to have 7 Control as a baseline.  

HP is a very good stat to focus on because your bombs HP is based on your own, and the more HP they have, the better, of course.  

13 AP and 5 MP is optimal for most Rogue builds, so when figuring your gear out, go for that AP/MP setup. 11 AP and 7 MP is also okay if you're level 140 or less, aren't using Minesweeper, or can give up a 2 AP spell, but 13/5 is better otherwise. Rogues have a lot of mobility and really don't need more than 5 MP. 

Melee Mastery is always good. Area Mastery or Single Target Mastery depends on how you want to play. 

CHARACTERISTICS 

Intelligence 

10 Elemental Resistance
3 Barrier
Everything else into % Health Points. 

Strength 

20 Melee Mastery 
For ST Rogue: 20 Single Target Mastery 
For AoE Rogue: 20 Area Mastery 
Remaining 10 in Health Points 

Agility 

Dump it all into Dodge 

Force of Will is Optional in PvM but definitely something to consider putting points in for PvP 

Fortune 

20 Block
30 Berserk Mastery

OR

Dump into Berserk Mastery.

It's really up to you to decide if you want the block or not.

Major 

1 in Action Points 
1 in Movement Points 
1 in Elemental Resistance 
1 in either Control and Damage or % Damage Inflicted. Usually go with % Damage Inflicted unless you can’t get enough control without the major point. 

~ 

PASSIVES

Someone asked for me to go over the Rogue Passives, so I will! 

Boomarogue ★★★★★ 

Rank 1: 2 Control. Unlocks the Reconversion Spell for Boombot.  

Rank 2: Boombot gains an additional 1 AP and 2 MP. 

Boomarogue is essential to have as a Rogue and should be the first passive that hits your deck. Reconversion is a crucial spell to have and the 2 Control is always nice because it means you only have to get 4 more control from other sources.  

Reconversion is a spell that turns Boombot into a copy of another existing Bomb. It is crucial because it allows a Rogue to set up much quicker, and is the thing that bypasses the casting limit of bombs. As in, once there are 3 Blinding Bombs on the field, you cannot use the spell Blinding Bomb to summon more Blinding Bombs. Reconversion is how you bypass that to get a fourth Blinding Bomb. 

Evolved Gadgets ★★★★☆ 

Rank 1: Increases Spell Range by 2 for Ruse, Powder Wall, Boombot, Dynamite, Detonation (For the Rogue and for Boombot), Badabang 

Rank 2: Now it increases the Spell Range for all those by 3. 

So, why I pretty much always bring this passive is: the default range of those spells are as follows:

Ruse: 1-4, nonmodifiable.  

Powder Wall: 1-4, modifiable. 

Boombot: 1, Nonmodifiable.  

Dynamite: 1-4, modifiable.  

Detonation/Badabang: 1-6, modifiable.  

The most important part of this is Boombot. Boombot has a default range of 1, which is a problem if you’re surrounded by terrain that will cause damage. It also just makes Rogue that much mobile with Ruse, and everything else that much more convenient. Having a detonation range of 8 or 9 by default is very nice. If you know exactly what you're doing, though, you can probably get away with not using it, but I wouldn't recommend it. 

Bomber Fan ★★★★★ 

Rank 1: The Bombs gain 2 additional Combo per turn on the field (2 Turns) 

Rank 2: The max Bomb combo is now 20. 

This is also a must bring, especially at Rank 2. Even at Rank 1, Bombs will naturally gain 7 Combo per turn instead of 5 for the first 2 turns they are active, which is almost the maximum combo of 15, so you barely have to work for max damage on your bombs. Having a maximum combo of 20 just increases bomb damage so much… if you read my explanation of how Combo works later in the guide, you’ll understand why this is such an important passive to have. 

Pyrotechnist ★★★☆☆ 

Rank 1: Increases Powder Wall’s damage by 15%. Increases the max size of Powder Wall by 2. 

Rank 2: Powder Wall’s damage is now increased by 25%. 

If you have Powder Wall, and have the passive space or are an AoE Rogue, this passive is to Powder Wall like what Minesweeper is for Bombs. Normally, I wouldn’t bring it, because there are so many other passives that are so important, but on my AoE Rogue build when I’m playing with people who know not to stand in my bombs, I do usually bring Pyrotechnist+Powder Wall instead of Kaboom+Dynamite. 

Reinforced Tunic ★★★★★ 

Rank 1: Rogue gets bonus HP equal to 150% of their level. The Bombs now have 30% of the Rogue’s HP. 

Rank 2: Rogue gets bonus HP equal to 300% of their level. The Bombs now have 35% of the Rogue’s HP. 

This is the Passive that raises your HP and your Bomb’s HP by more than it sounds. You want your bombs to have as much HP as possible, because that’s the only sustain factor you have control of when it comes to bombs. The more HP Bombs have, the harder they are to kill, and that’s always better no matter what type of Rogue you are playing in any situation.  

Minesweeper ★★★★★ 

Rank 1: Unlocks Badabang, which replaces Detonation. Badabang costs 3 AP and causes bomb detonations to deal 25% more damage. Can be used once per turn.  

Rank 2: Badabang can now be cast on allies to add 30% Damage Inflicted for 1 turn. 

Minesweeper is great because, obviously, it makes bombs more powerful, but at Rank 2 it is especially good because you can give your allies a nice buff every turn while you build your bombs. Badabang as a buff is on par with Feca’s meteorite spell, and, unless I’m mistaken, is the biggest damage buff in the game done with a single spell. It’s good for you and it’s good for your friends, too! 

Also, after doing math thanks to someone in the reactions calling me on how I thought bomb damage was calculated, Minesweeper is a seperate multiplier from final damage, which makes it even better.

Scope ☆☆☆☆☆ 

Rank 1: 1 Range. Damage from Bombs and from Powder Wall are now based on Distance Mastery. 

Rank 2: Blinding Bomb, Paralyzing Bomb, and Suffocating Bomb now have a max range of 3 but are range modifiable.  

I didn’t realize this until I actually looked at Rank 1 Scope vs Rank 2 Scope, but this passive actually gets WORSE at Rank 2… if Rank 2 Scope gave 3 or 4 Range, I’d understand, and maybe it’d be worth it, but it doesn’t, and it’s bad. Scope Rogue is bad. I wish it could be good. But it can’t.  

Pls Ankama replace this with something better and give us a second detonation spell for Distance specifically…. Pls. Or maybe boost the range buff on this passive to 4. 

Rogue Master ★★☆☆☆ 

Rank 1: 40 Dodge. Performing 1 Connection generates 15 Air Armor. 

Rank 2: 120 Dodge. Performing 1 Connection generates 15 Air Armor. Performing 5 Connections unlocks Longsword (4 AP. 108 Air Damage. Recreates the last connection completed.) 

Rogue Master is a weird passive. At lower levels, like below level 120, it’s actually pretty good. I use this passive on my level 80 PvP build because the armor is actually obnoxious for people to deal with, but most Connections specify a specific Spell and don’t actually work with Longsword (or maybe they do, it’s very confusing), and 15 Air Armor is not a lot when your HP gets up to 15000 and above, and monsters and other enemies are doing thousands of damage on a turn. 

Ka-Boom ★★★★☆ 

Rank 1: Dynamite can now be cast on Allies, Summons, and Enemies as well as Bombs. Dynamite adds the Ka-Boom State (Lvl. 1).  

Ka-Boom (Lvl. 1): Stabilized (Lvl. 1). Immune to the effects of Bombs. With every explosion undergone, gain 10% Damage inflicted (1 turn).  

Rank 2: Dynamite can now be cast on Allies, Summons, and Enemies as well as Bombs. Dynamite adds the Ka-Boom State (Lvl. 2).  

Ka-Boom (Lvl. 2): Stabilized (Lvl. 1). Immune to the effects of Bombs. With every explosion undergone, gain 15% Damage inflicted (1 turn).  

It’s hard for me to not give Ka-Boom 5 stars, but that’s my bias and objectively, if you’re a Single Target Rogue, you don’t need this passive. There are three reasons to bring this passive: 1: the crazy buffs you can do with it, and 2: The stab. Most people don’t seem to realize that Rogue can stabilize, and that’s very fun in PvP. There’s a lot of satisfaction when you stabilize an Ecaflip or a Iop so that they can’t get to you. 

The third reason to bring Ka-Boom is so that when a teammate is standing in your bombs and you, an AoE Rogue, need to blow them up, you can not kill your teammate in the process. Don’t stand in my bombs!!! AAAA 

Fugitive ☆☆☆☆☆ 

Rank 1: 1 MP. -20% Damage Inflicted. +1 Combo to Bombs placed. 

Rank 2: 1 MP. -20% Damage Inflicted. +2 Combo to Bombs placed. 

Fugitive is a weird passive. I don’t recommend using it, but theoretically it works well with doing Powder Wall first turn, as it causes bombs to immediately have combo when they’re first cast. For context, Powder Wall cannot be cast on a Bomb that does not have any combo. -20% damage inflicted honestly is not a lot for Rogue when it comes to bombs, but it’s a lot for your sustain and anything that isn’t a Bomb explosion to deal with.  Also, you don’t need 1 MP when you can just cast Boot. 

RECOMMENDED PASSIVES

Single Target Rogue: 
Evolved Gadgets
Boomarogue
Bomber Fan
Minesweeper
Reinforced Tunic
Carnage

AoE Rogue: 
Evolved Gadgets
Boomarogue
Bomber Fan
Minesweeper
Reinforced Tunic
Ka-Boom or Pyrotechnist (Depending on if the people you are playing with know to not stand in bombs). 

~ 

SPELLS (All Damage is based on Level 200) 

Fire 

★★☆☆☆ Barbed Fire: 50 Fire Damage and steals 100%. If cast on a bomb, becomes a 84 fire heal and buffs the Bomb’s Elemental Resistance by 100 for a turn. 

This spell isn’t generally worth bringing in PvM because as a Single Target Rogue, your bombs won’t typically be getting hit by the mobs because you’ll keep them away until it’s time to use them. As an AoE Rogue it could be worth bringing, but only in conjunction with Smoke Bombs, as Barbed Fire is a Distance and Single Target spell so the heal is very low without smoke bombs. It is not worth using as a sustain tool whatsoever. It's useful in PvP, though, for obvious reasons. 

★★★★★ Blinding Bomb: Places a Blinding Bomb with a base of 92 Fire Damage when detonated as an AoE, and 100 Fire Damage when detonated as a Single Target attack. It also inflicts -2 Range. 

Yes. You bring this. 100% of the time. This is your most powerful bomb and your best damage as a Rogue. You bring these, get as many as you can on the field, and protect them as much as possible so that you can one-shot basically anything. Blinding Bomb is mandatory for any Damage Rogue. 

★☆☆☆☆ Execution: 50 Fire Damage. Per bomb placed since Execution was last used: 12 extra damage and 1 level of Incurable, stacking up to 10. 

Execution is an extremely niche spell that isn’t usually worth bringing in PvM with the notable exceptions of Pandora and Blightogre. Rogue is one of the few classes that can actually nullify heals for a turn, but it takes up valuable deck space and isn’t useful enough to bring except in those niche situations. The damage can sound nice if you’re single target or you’re AoE and have smoke bombs, but you have to place 10 bombs after using execution the first time to actually get the full effect of this spell (placing 10 bombs takes 4 turns). Generally, I wouldn’t bring it except in the specific situations mentioned previously. 

★★☆☆☆ Cross Fire: 75 Fire Damage. Attracts bombs in line with the targeted cell by 5 squares. 

Cross Fire is a very useful spell for moving lots of bombs at once, so long as you know exactly what you’re doing when you use it. In most PvM situations, I wouldn’t bring it since Boot generally suffices. Cross Fire is very useful for an AoE Rogue using all three types of bombs, though, since Cross Fire and Smoke Bombs can allow you to move a large amount of bombs a far distance, but it’s a lot of positioning and luck since you can’t always control where the monsters stand since Rogues don’t have a way to position monsters. You also would have to make sure your allies aren’t in the way, so generally it’s not the best spell to bring in PvM unless you know exactly what you’re doing and your friends don’t get in the way. If you’re playing Rogue in Badger Dungeon(not recommended), Cross Fire is mandatory, but otherwise, I wouldn’t bring it. 

☆☆☆☆☆Piercing Shot: -3000 Armor. 100 Fire Damage, and another 75 Fire Damage per point of WP remaining. Cannot be used if the Rogue has more than 5 WP. 

I hate this spell, and you should too. Never bring it unless you have to rip away armor. Piercing Shot used to not have a Wakfu cap, so in the original 1.62 release it was ridiculously powerful. It was nerfed, but it was nerfed lazily so that the spell is unavailable unless you have 5 WP or less. If Ankama reads this guide: just get rid of the Wakfu Points mechanic on this spell and let Piercing Shot destroy armor like it’s supposed to. It's jarring to have this fire spell that you can't even use at the start of a fight. 

Never bring Piercing Shot. It’s a big Rogue Sin. It only makes you suffer. 

Earth 

☆☆☆☆☆Machine Gun: 69 Earth Damage in a 3 cell linear AoE. Pushes the Rogue back 1 cell. Connection: Increases the damage of the next AoE spell by 300. 

Like most of the earth branch, Machine Gun shouldn’t be used or brought on a deck since it takes up space and Rogue has way better options for mobility. Even as AoE rogue, it’s not really worth it. 

★★★☆☆Blunderbuss: 92 Earth Damage in a 4 cell T shaped AoE. +3 Combo to any Bombs in the AoE. 

This is one of two earth spells that are actually worth bringing. Blunderbuss, or Blam as it used to be called, is a great way to add combo to up to 4 bombs rather quickly. It can only be used twice per turn, but adding 6 combo to 4 bombs each turn in addition to what they already gain is great for any Rogue who has the deck space. 

★★★★☆Paralyzing Bomb: Places a Paralyzing Bomb with a base of 69 Earth Damage if detonated as an AoE or 75 Earth Damage if detonated as a Single Target attack. It also inflicts -2 MP. 

Paralyzing Bomb is a great bomb to bring in conjunction with Blinding Bomb in PvM, since it removes MP and does the second most damage out of the Rogue’s three bombs. Rogues generally bring two bombs on their deck since they can only place 1 bomb of each type per turn, and in PvM, Blinding Bomb and Paralyzing Bomb are better choices than Suffocating bomb if you’re looking to do damage. 

☆☆☆☆☆Boomerang Dagger: 92 Earth Damage in a 5 cell V Shaped AoE pointing away from the Rogue. Connection: Reverses the odds of a critical hit and a normal hit. 

Boomerang Dagger isn’t worth bringing at all, despite it having one of the coolest animations in the game. Rogues don’t really have any use for critical hits because bombs don’t crit, so it’s really not a very useful spell. This used to be brought alongside Piercing Shot before the nerf, but it's post nerf, so don't use Piercing, and don't use this one either. Unless you just want to have the cool animation. I can't argue with that. 

☆☆☆☆☆Pulsar: 69 Earth Damage in a 5 cell cross AoE. The Rogue loses all of their MP when using this spell. If the spell is used at the start of the Rogue’s turn, the damage is doubled and the cooldown is extended to 2 turns. 

Pulsar is awful for obvious reasons and like piercing shot, is a rogue sin and shouldn’t be used. Ankama, if you’re reading this: actually have Pulsar gain something from the used MP, please. I’m begging you. 

Air 

★★★★☆Slap Shot: 54 Air Damage. Connection: Lowers the cost of Barbecued Ribs by 1 AP. 

Slap Shot is worth bringing because of the connection that the next spell, Barbecued Ribs, has that affects it. This is one of your two sustain spells, regardless of if you are ST or AoE. 

★★★★☆Barbecued Ribs (BBQ): 54 Air Damage. Connection: Triples the Damage if Barbecued Ribs is used immediately after Barbecued Ribs. Connection: 200% Health Steal on Slap Shot. 

So here’s how this works: If you use BBQ and immediately follow that up with slap shot, you get a 200% lifesteal. This is a combination you can use on your own bombs to regain hp and is a Rogue’s main sustain tool. Because of this, Slap Shot and Barbecued Ribs are a must have, and always together. They’re a package. 

☆☆☆☆☆Claw: Moves Closer 5 Cells. If used on an Enemy: 54 Air Damage. Connection: Immune to Bomb Explosions. 

Claw has a default range of 3, and most Rogues don’t have a lot of bonus range, so while it’s technically a mobility tool that could be good, most of the time it really doesn’t live up to that potential. I wouldn’t bring Claw because it’s not generally worth it, and it takes up deck space.  

★★★★☆Suffocating Bomb: Places a Suffocating Bomb with a base of 46 Air Damage if detonated as an AoE, or 50 Air Damage if detonated as a ST attack. It inflicts -2 WP for 1 turn.  

Suffocating Bomb is usually worth bringing for a few reasons: It’s the lowest costing bomb at 2 AP, so it’s useful to throw down and use Evanescence on for the sake of mobility. But generally, this bomb is far more dangerous in PvP than PvM because it is the only class spell in the game that removes Wakfu Points. In PvM, most monsters don’t even have WP, nevermind use it, and Suffocating Bomb’s higher air resistance means it’s not a good idea to combo BBQ+Slap Shot on this bomb as the heal will be lower. Whether someone brings Paralyzing Bomb or Suffocating Bomb is usually a personal choice, but this bomb is more often used in PvP than PvM in most cases. (Unless you bring all three bombs, which, if so, more power to you!)

★★★★☆Evanescence: Teleports to the other side of a targeted bomb at equal distance. Can be cast when in line with a bomb up to 4 cells away or diagonally from a bomb up to 2 diagonal cells away. Connection: Adds 81 Air Damage (Single Target) to the next elemental spell cast in close combat. 2 Turn Cooldown. To be cast on a bomb. 

Evanescence is one of the most useful mobility spells that rogue has, and it’s really cool because it’s also a diagonal teleport. Evanescence is generally worth bringing because it’s a big mobility boon that allows you to get out of tricky positions so long as you are not stabilized and have line of sight of a bomb. 

Active Spells 

Here’s the tricky thing about Active Spells: you need most of them.  

★★★★★Ruse: Switches places with a bomb, +2 Combo to the Bomb swapped with. To be used on a bomb. 3 Turn Cooldown. 

Ruse is a must have because it’s a mobility tool that also doesn’t require line of sight. It is extremely useful and I would always bring it. 

★★★★★Boot: Moves the closest existing bomb onto the targeted spell. +2 Combo to bomb. Connection: 2 MP.  

Boot is also a must have because it is one of the few tools rogue has to actually position their bombs.  

★★★☆☆Powder Wall: Places a Powder Wall for 2 Turns between all bombs in the same row within 5 or less cells of each other, 7 cells if Pyrotechnist Passive is active. The Powder Wall inflicts damage when a monster or player starts their turn on the powder wall. The Damage Type, Amount, and Debuff inflicted depends on what Bomb the spell was used on and how much Combo the Bomb had when the spell was cast.  
Powder Wall’s damage ranges from 69 damage with 0 Combo to 345 damage with 20 Combo. The debuffs and damage element depend on the type of bomb: Blinding: Fire Damage and -2 Range. Paralyzing: Earth Damage and -2 MP. Suffocating: Air Damage and -2 WP. Powder Wall’s damage qualifies as Melee and AoE damage. 3 Turn Cooldown. 

Powder Wall is generally worth bringing as a Damage Rogue because if your bombs don’t kill something, the Powder Wall definitely will. Powder Wall does indirect damage, so it doesn’t care about armor. You can get away with not having Powder Wall on your deck in PvM, but in PvP it’s a solid failsafe and should be used regardless of if you are ST or AoE.  

★★★★★★Boombot: Summons a Boombot with 2 AP, 8 MP, and 1 HP. +1 AP and +2 MP with Boomarogue Passive on your deck.  

Boombot is a must bring. He is easily the most important spell to bring. Boombot is your pocket Pandawa: he picks things up and throws them pretty far, and is your method of getting a 4th blinding bomb through Reconversion, a spell you get thanks to the Boomarogue passive where Boombot spends 1 AP to copy a bomb. He has a 4 Turn Cooldown and takes up 1 Control. 

To Ankama: Please make Boombot immortal for the one turn he is alive. To Readers: never summon your boombot in a location where he will take damage: he will die, and you will be sad. 

★★☆☆☆Dynamite: Applies Dynamite on the Targeted Bomb. Dynamite State: The Bomb will explode as an AoE if it is destroyed or at the start of the Rogue’s next turn.  

Dynamite is worth bringing only if you have the Ka-Boom passive, and if you do bring the Ka-Boom Passive, Dynamite is mandatory. Ka-Boom adds a few things to Dynamite and allows the Rogue to cast dynamite on enemies, allies, or themselves, and applies the Ka-Boom State, which stabilizes the target and makes them immune to the effects of Bombs. If a Bomb explodes on a target with Ka-Boom, they take no damage, suffer no debuffs, and gain 15% damage per bomb that hits them. I personally always bring Dynamite because I play AoE Rogue and sometimes someone’s gonna stand in my bombs, and the buff is nice. If you're ST or don't bring Ka-Boom, don't bother. 

If I could talk about Support Rogue here, I would, but y’all probably want to do damage. So let’s move on to the last Rogue spell. 

★☆☆☆☆Smoke Bombs: Applies Smoke Bombs for 2 turns. Connection: Doubles Cross Fire Damage. Smoke Bombs State: Extends the effects of Fire Spells that are cast diagonal to the Rogue by 2 cells. 

Smoke Bombs effectively turns Cross Fire, a Diagonally cast Barbed Fire, and a Diagonally cast Execution into a 3 cell diagonal AoE. This is useful for AoE Rogue specifically, and I would never bring it on ST Rogue. Smoke Bombs improves your Barbed Fire heal on your bombs, and allows you to heal 3 bombs and buff their res for 3 AP. If you, as an AoE Rogue, can fit Smoke Bombs on your deck, it’s a good pick, but there generally isn’t enough space for it. 

Bonus Active Spells 

If you have Mass Charm, bring it. It’s good for positioning in general, since Rogue has essentially no tools to move other people besides boombot. The huppermage maze might be annoying, but Mass Charm is worth it for both PvM and PvP as a Rogue. 

Weapon Mastery is also good for Rogue because it allows them to do some damage while waiting for their bombs to build up. This is especially true in PvM. In PvP it’s personal preference. 

~

FAQ 

I get a lot of frequently asked questions in reference to bombs, so I’ll just explain exactly how bombs work and a lot of questions I figure people might ask. 

How are Bombs detonated? 

Bombs can be detonated as an AoE by targeting a Bomb with Detonation or Badabang. This will detonate the bomb selected as well as any bomb that is up to 2 cells away from a bomb that detonates.  

Bombs can be detonated as ST by targeting an Enemy with Detonation or Badabang. This will detonate any bombs that are 1 or 2 cells away from the target, and those bombs will only damage the target. 

Do Bombs benefit from side damage or rear damage?  

No. 

Are Bombs/Powder Wall direct damage or indirect damage? 

Bombs are direct damage as of 1.62+. Powder wall is indirect damage. 

What masteries do Bombs benefit from? 

Bombs benefit from their respective elemental mastery as well as melee mastery unless you use the Scope Passive. Whether a bomb benefits from Area Mastery or Single Target Mastery depends on how you detonate the bomb. They also benefit from Berserk Mastery if the Rogue is below 50% hp. Bombs do not benefit from Critical Mastery or Rear Mastery. 

What mastery does Powder Wall benefit from? 

Powder Wall benefits from Melee Mastery unless you use the Scope Passive, and benefits from Area Mastery.  

Can Allied Rogues affect Allied Rogues’ bombs? 

No. If two Rogues are on one team, they cannot interact with the other Rogue’s bombs. However, if the first Rogue in the turn order casts Blinding Bomb, the next Rogue cannot cast Blinding Bomb on that turn. This also goes for the other bombs, so generally having more than one Rogue is a bad idea. 

How does Combo work? 

Get ready to do some math, kids.  

So Bombs automatically generate Combo for the first two turns they are active after they are cast, 5 combo per turn without level 2 Bomber Fan, and 7 combo per turn with level 2 Bomber Fan. Normally, Bombs can have up to 15 levels of Combo, but with level 2 Bomber Fan, Bombs can have up to 20 levels of combo. One level of Combo is 10% Damage Dealt on a Bomb. 

Bombs of the same element when detonated together will stack their Combo, meaning all of the bombs of the same element detonated will be affected by all levels of Combo involved.

Here’s what that looks like: Say you have 3 blinding bombs out, and they all have 20 levels of Combo. Detonated separately, each will have 200% damage dealt, but when detonated together, each bomb will have 600% damage dealt because all of the Combo is added together and then applied to each bomb.  This is an extra multiplier of 7.

How is Bomb Damage specifically calculated?

Thanks to mysterious-monkey in the reactions, I now know how this actually works, and bombs are now even stronger than I originally thought they were. I was flipping out about this once I'd actually done the math it's not even 9am.

Bomb Damage is calculated in a similar way to all other damage, except it gets a few extra multipliers. Originally, I thought that Combo was added into Final Damage, but I was wrong. I was so very wrong. 

Normally Damage is calculated in a formula that looks like this: 

RESULT = (BASE * ( ( 100 + C_MSY_ELEM + C_MSY_SECOND + C_MSY_THIRD ) / 100 ) * ( 1 - T_RES ) * BLOCK * FINAL_MODIFIER ) - T_BARRIER

BASE is base damage

C_MSY_ELEM is elemental mastery

C_MSY_SECOND are secondary masteries like Melee Mastery, Distance Mastery, Area Mastery, and Single Target Mastery. 

C_MSY_THIRD are masteries that require conditions to be met, such as Berserk Mastery and Rear mastery. For Bombs, this would only be Berserk Mastery and only apply when you're below 50% HP.

T_RES is the target's resistance. If something has 80% resistance, this turns into a multiplier of 0.2, as 1 - 0.8 = 0.2. Percentages trip me up sometimes.

BLOCK, of course, is Block. If the attack is Blocked, this value becomes 0.8. Otherwise, it's just another multiplier of 1.

FINAL_MODIFIER is your final damage. If your final damage is 13%, this modifier becomes a value of 1.13.

T_BARRIER is barrier. In PVM, this doesn't matter because most monsters do not have Barrier.

Bombs are a little different. They have a few extra multipliers. The formula looks more like this: 

RESULT = (BASE * ( ( 100 + C_MSY_ELEM + C_MSY_SECOND + C_MSY_THIRD ) / 100 ) * ( 1 - T_RES ) * BLOCK * FINAL_MODIFIER * MINESWEEPER * COMBO ) - T_BARRIER

If Minesweeper is on your deck, the Minesweeper value is 1.25.

COMBO is essentially 1 + ((Level of Combo) * (0.1)). So if you have 20 combo on 3 Bombs of the same element, that's a Combo Value of 7.Thanks mysterious-monkey. Bombs are now even stronger than I thought they were. Hooby.

What Sublimations are good for Rogue?

I'll try to get to answering this soon, since I'm definitely not an expert on Subliminations. Brutality is good for AoE Rogue, for obvious reasons. Excess can also be good since Final Damage is a different multiplier from Combo. With specific Enchant Sublims, it really depends on your build. There are a lot of options. If you want to focus on Powder Wall damage, Ruin is good. Save Sublims can be used on a 11 AP build to allow you to use Badabang when you need it. I'll try to give a better answer on this soon.

This part may be updated as more questions are asked.

Thanks for reading my guide, y'all. Hope this helps you play Rogue!

13 0
Reactions 26
Score : 238

ok_hand

1 0
Score : 1158

:eyes:

1 0
Score : 693

Amazing Guide!  Congratulations! happy

1 0
Score : -202

Rogue is worst revamped class about its 3 element connection. And if you are single, you should not buff all dodge i can suggest buff lock and use kaboom. Btw boomerang is useful spell for bombless gameplay. 

1 -1

Man for a level 193 Rogue I'd expect you to know that bombless gameplay is a bad idea, and for someone commenting on my guide, I'd have expected you to read the first paragraph making it clear that bombless rogue is a bad idea. But if that's how you want to play, I can't stop you.

EDIT: Now that I've written all this, it's probably not what you meant, but that's okay, cuz I did a lot of work on this and I'm keeping it here lol. Besides, this is a super general guide anyways. And I did say I wasn't talking about Bombless Rogue.

So I'll take your idea seriously. Let's talk about Bombless Gameplay, and as ST Melee with statting Lock, because you think that's a good idea. Let's see how that works, because as a Level 200 Rogue who's been playing since way before this Revamp and the last, I don't want you being misinformed. Sorry to pull rank on you bud, it's nothing personal.

To start off, if you're using Ka-Boom as a "Bombless" Single Target Rogue, first off, you're not bombless. Ka-Boom implies you are using bombs, because you'd be using bombs to buff yourself. Here's why that doesn't work: Ka-Boom Buff requires that you do an AoE Explosion, and if you have any significant amount of bombs around you, that's going to hurt other people and/or do damage to monsters with bombs. That's not Bombless. That's very far from bombless. That's setting yourself up for like 2 turns, then on the 3rd turn getting a 90% Damage Dealt buff and getting stabilized as well as doing damage all around you from bombs.

Not Bombless, and you have 12 AP at best to use that buff with. You can't place bombs on the same turn you buff yourself, because you won't have the AP for it to be worth it because you can't buff your own AP.

Let's assume it's speed turn, and you have 14 AP to work with as a Rogue with 13 AP base. 1 AP has been used to detonate the bombs to get that 90% damage dealt buff. It's turn 3 and none of your bombs have died.

Here's what your deck already looks like: We know you have the Ka-Boom Passive. If you've statted lock, you probably also have Rogue Master, which gives you Longsword after 5 connections, and you should have Fluctuation, since you probably don't have a lot of other passives unique to rogue considering they all have to do with bombs. In order to buff yourself that quickly, you have all three bombs on your deck, and Dynamite. That's 4 spell slots out of 12 used up. 

So you have that 14 AP, and you have Slap Shot and BBQ on your deck because those have your highest base damage per AP at 27 (if you use slap shot's connection with BBQ to make it 2 AP). Slap Shot has 3 uses per target. BBQ has 2 uses per turn. So, say you use Slap shot first, then two BBQs for a total of 54+54+162, or 270 base air damage for 7 AP. Then you spend the next 7 AP on 1 Slap Shot (Another 54) and a Longsword because you've used boot 3 times before. That's a grand total of 432 base air damage that turn with 1 AP remaining.

Say you have 3.5k mastery, which is probably a generous number. Say you're attacking something with 50% air res: also a generous number, and they don't block your attacks (also generous). You've statted 10% damage dealt, and have 8% from guild, and 5% from nation bonus, meaning you have 23% damage dealt as a base, plus your 90% damage dealt buff from Ka-Boom.

That's a grand total of 16,103 damage after setting up for 2 turns. So in 3 turns, you've done 16,103 damage. We aren't counting bomb damage because, let's remember, this is a bombless build. But if we did, and here's the funny part: your bombs would do almost as much damage as that, and you're not even trying to make them do damage.

Lets assume that only about two thirds of your mastery (Melee and Elemental) would apply here, so you have a total of 2300 mastery from the previous total used. You do not have the Ka-Boom Buff yet, so it wouldn't have that, either. Let's assume 50% resistance, again, for all of these. If you've booted 3 times as you would have to for the Longsword to be available, you'd have 6 bombs, 2 of each kind. Let's say you DONT have Bomber fan, because let's remember, this is a bombless build. 3 bombs would have 10 Combo minimum because of passive combo gain, and the other 3 would have at least 5 combo. Lets say you only booted air bombs, which have the lowest base damage. So you have 1 blinding bomb with 10 combo, 1 paralyzing bomb with 10 combo, 1 suffocating bomb with 12 combo, 1 suffocating bomb with 7 combo, and the other two bombs, a blind and a paralyzing, have 5 combo. You blew them up in an AoE, so here's how much damage each bomb would do:

The Blinding Bombs would do 2888 damage each. The Paralyzing Bombs would do 2166 damage each. The Suffocating Bombs would do 1656 damage each. That's a total of 13,420 damage from bombs. Almost equal to the 16,103 damage you set up with them.

Lets say you had fluctuation, actually, at the start of your turn. Let's say you have 35 fluctuation because the enemy ended their turn next to you, and was locked because you statted lock. The fluctuation would apply to the bomb damage, making it... oh no. 15,086 damage from bombs. That's just 1000 below what you set up. Half of your damage is coming from bombs with 2/3 your mastery applied, and this is a "bombless build".

It's not a terrible option if you want to do the same thing every Rogue does and set up for a damage turn on turn 3. But if you focused on bombs, you'd be doing a lot more damage, obviously. So, it's not that you can't do what you're saying you want to do... it's just not as good. If you had 3 blinding bombs by turn 3, not hard to do, with 20 combo on 2 and 17 combo on 1, you'd be doing 12k per blinding bomb on a single target attack on turn 3. That's more damage than the total from your bombless melee air spells and the bomb damage you'd get from ka-boom. 

So basically... yeah, you could do what you wanted to do. Sure. But it's not as good. I'm also not sure where boomerang is gonna fit in there with its minimum 2 range while Longsword, Slap Shot, and BBQ all require you to be next to the target. If you move after using boomerang, you lose the connection... so what's the point of bringing boomerang?

If you're doing Crit Piercing... you better have 5 max WP, because blowing up 6 bombs to get that buff will refill your WP like mad. Let's say you Suffocating Bomb (2 AP) into Evanescence (2AP 1WP) so you end two cells behind the enemy with 5 WP. Except, you can't. Because you're stabilized. But you still spend the Wakfu Point!

So let's say you spend a Wakfu point by Rusing behind the enemy. Walk around, Suffo Bomb 2 cells behind the enemy, Ruse, Piercin- oh wait, you're still stabilized!

Tricky. So let's just say you spend a wakfu point somehow, walk behind the enemy because you have to. Let's say you dodge the enemy twice for 30 fluc with no losses. Actually, lets say you do that 4 tumes for max fluctuation after spending a spell to get that 5WP. Walk behind the enemy to 2 cells behind exactly. Boomerang Dagger, with your 2.3k mastery cuz it's AoE, 90% damage dealt from buff, 23% from base, and 60% from fluctuation because it's the next spell, and the 1.25 damage from hitting from behind, does 3610 damage, and then you crit piercing shot from behind with 5WP for... 27,471 damage. For a total of 31,080 damage that turn. You don't have 4AP left, you probably only have 2 thanks to having to spend a wakfu point in order to cast piercing in the first place... you might have had to spend two wakfu points if you have a belt with WP, which, you probably would, since you need 6 control to do this.

Cool! Not counting the bombs, that's still less than you'd get from those 3 blinding bombs on turn 3 by 1000 damage. Counting the bombs, it's more, but we're comparing 3 bombs to 6 bombs with boomerang Piercing, and if 6 bombs+boomerang+piercing only does 10k more damage than just 3 bombs... that's honestly not very good! Because if there's 3 paralyzing bombs with the 3 blinding bombs with maybe 10 combo each on the paralyzing bombs, you're doing 52,655ish ST damage, which is still more than this 6 bomb kaboom buff+boomerang+piercing combo. 

And with bombs, you'd still have wakfu points, which is nice because Rogue is very wakfu reliant. With the bombs, you have a better chance of staying out of danger. With this ka-boom boomerang piercing combo... you're stuck wherever that combo left you until you get some wakfu points back. And you're not even doing as much damage.

So, I mean, you could do "bombless" rogue with kaboom if you wanted to. I guess. You're still setting up for turn 3 and then not doing as much damage as you would with bombs. I get the sentiment and the desire to not use bombs, I really do.

But the fact remains, bomb rogue is just the better option. Hope this gives you a better sense of why I say what I do about the idea of "bombless" Rogue, and why boomerang with its minimum 2 range isn't worth it. 

And without the kaboom buff, you get even less damage than that. You'd actually get about 18,020 damage from boomerang+piercing from behind. Neither of these spells benefit from the evanescence combo because that requires you to be adjacent. Both boomerang and piercing have a minimum range of 2, so that's impossible.

Bombless Rogue is just not as good as Bomb Rogue, Jonturk. But I wish you luck on that build regardless. 

PS: It's hard to call Rogue bad when it can make many dungeon bosses a lot easier by just bursting them down from phase 3 or just from full health. Blightogre is my favorite example. It's also hard to believe you when you say new Rogue is bad when you look like a Rogue main. If it's so bad... why do you play it? (That's a rhetorical question). 

7 0
Score : 238

Natscha|2019-08-02 08:06:48
Man for a level 193 Rogue I'd expect you to know that bombless gameplay is a bad idea, and for someone commenting on my guide, I'd have expected you to read the first paragraph making it clear that bombless rogue is a bad idea. But if that's how you want to play, I can't stop you.

EDIT: Now that I've written all this, it's probably not what you meant, but that's okay, cuz I did a lot of work on this and I'm keeping it here lol. Besides, this is a super general guide anyways. And I did say I wasn't talking about Bombless Rogue.

So I'll take your idea seriously. Let's talk about Bombless Gameplay, and as ST Melee with statting Lock, because you think that's a good idea. Let's see how that works, because as a Level 200 Rogue who's been playing since way before this Revamp and the last, I don't want you being misinformed. Sorry to pull rank on you bud, it's nothing personal.

To start off, if you're using Ka-Boom as a "Bombless" Single Target Rogue, first off, you're not bombless. Ka-Boom implies you are using bombs, because you'd be using bombs to buff yourself. Here's why that doesn't work: Ka-Boom Buff requires that you do an AoE Explosion, and if you have any significant amount of bombs around you, that's going to hurt other people and/or do damage to monsters with bombs. That's not Bombless. That's very far from bombless. That's setting yourself up for like 2 turns, then on the 3rd turn getting a 90% Damage Dealt buff and getting stabilized as well as doing damage all around you from bombs.

Not Bombless, and you have 12 AP at best to use that buff with. You can't place bombs on the same turn you buff yourself, because you won't have the AP for it to be worth it because you can't buff your own AP.

Let's assume it's speed turn, and you have 14 AP to work with as a Rogue with 13 AP base. 1 AP has been used to detonate the bombs to get that 90% damage dealt buff. It's turn 3 and none of your bombs have died.

Here's what your deck already looks like: We know you have the Ka-Boom Passive. If you've statted lock, you probably also have Rogue Master, which gives you Longsword after 5 connections, and you should have Fluctuation, since you probably don't have a lot of other passives unique to rogue considering they all have to do with bombs. In order to buff yourself that quickly, you have all three bombs on your deck, and Dynamite. That's 4 spell slots out of 12 used up. 

So you have that 14 AP, and you have Slap Shot and BBQ on your deck because those have your highest base damage per AP at 27 (if you use slap shot's connection with BBQ to make it 2 AP). Slap Shot has 3 uses per target. BBQ has 2 uses per turn. So, say you use Slap shot first, then two BBQs for a total of 54+54+162, or 270 base air damage for 7 AP. Then you spend the next 7 AP on 1 Slap Shot (Another 54) and a Longsword because you've used boot 3 times before. That's a grand total of 432 base air damage that turn with 1 AP remaining.

Say you have 3.5k mastery, which is probably a generous number. Say you're attacking something with 50% air res: also a generous number, and they don't block your attacks (also generous). You've statted 10% damage dealt, and have 8% from guild, and 5% from nation bonus, meaning you have 23% damage dealt as a base, plus your 90% damage dealt buff from Ka-Boom.

That's a grand total of 16,103 damage after setting up for 2 turns. So in 3 turns, you've done 16,103 damage. We aren't counting bomb damage because, let's remember, this is a bombless build. But if we did, and here's the funny part: your bombs would do almost as much damage as that, and you're not even trying to make them do damage.

Lets assume that only about two thirds of your mastery (Melee and Elemental) would apply here, so you have a total of 2300 mastery from the previous total used. You do not have the Ka-Boom Buff yet, so it wouldn't have that, either. Let's assume 50% resistance, again, for all of these. If you've booted 3 times as you would have to for the Longsword to be available, you'd have 6 bombs, 2 of each kind. Let's say you DONT have Bomber fan, because let's remember, this is a bombless build. 3 bombs would have 10 Combo minimum because of passive combo gain, and the other 3 would have at least 5 combo. Lets say you only booted air bombs, which have the lowest base damage. So you have 1 blinding bomb with 10 combo, 1 paralyzing bomb with 10 combo, 1 suffocating bomb with 12 combo, 1 suffocating bomb with 7 combo, and the other two bombs, a blind and a paralyzing, have 5 combo. You blew them up in an AoE, so here's how much damage each bomb would do:

The Blinding Bombs would do 2888 damage each. The Paralyzing Bombs would do 2166 damage each. The Suffocating Bombs would do 1656 damage each. That's a total of 13,420 damage from bombs. Almost equal to the 16,103 damage you set up with them.

Lets say you had fluctuation, actually, at the start of your turn. Let's say you have 35 fluctuation because the enemy ended their turn next to you, and was locked because you statted lock. The fluctuation would apply to the bomb damage, making it... oh no. 15,086 damage from bombs. That's just 1000 below what you set up. Half of your damage is coming from bombs with 2/3 your mastery applied, and this is a "bombless build".

It's not a terrible option if you want to do the same thing every Rogue does and set up for a damage turn on turn 3. But if you focused on bombs, you'd be doing a lot more damage, obviously. So, it's not that you can't do what you're saying you want to do... it's just not as good. If you had 3 blinding bombs by turn 3, not hard to do, with 20 combo on 2 and 17 combo on 1, you'd be doing 12k per blinding bomb on a single target attack on turn 3. That's more damage than the total from your bombless melee air spells and the bomb damage you'd get from ka-boom. 

So basically... yeah, you could do what you wanted to do. Sure. But it's not as good. I'm also not sure where boomerang is gonna fit in there with its minimum 2 range while Longsword, Slap Shot, and BBQ all require you to be next to the target. If you move after using boomerang, you lose the connection... so what's the point of bringing boomerang?

If you're doing Crit Piercing... you better have 5 max WP, because blowing up 6 bombs to get that buff will refill your WP like mad. Let's say you Suffocating Bomb (2 AP) into Evanescence (2AP 1WP) so you end two cells behind the enemy with 5 WP. Except, you can't. Because you're stabilized. But you still spend the Wakfu Point!

So let's say you spend a Wakfu point by Rusing behind the enemy. Walk around, Suffo Bomb 2 cells behind the enemy, Ruse, Piercin- oh wait, you're still stabilized!

Tricky. So let's just say you spend a wakfu point somehow, walk behind the enemy because you have to. Let's say you dodge the enemy twice for 30 fluc with no losses. Actually, lets say you do that 4 tumes for max fluctuation after spending a spell to get that 5WP. Walk behind the enemy to 2 cells behind exactly. Boomerang Dagger, with your 2.3k mastery cuz it's AoE, 90% damage dealt from buff, 23% from base, and 60% from fluctuation because it's the next spell, and the 1.25 damage from hitting from behind, does 3610 damage, and then you crit piercing shot from behind with 5WP for... 27,471 damage. For a total of 31,080 damage that turn. You don't have 4AP left, you probably only have 2 thanks to having to spend a wakfu point in order to cast piercing in the first place... you might have had to spend two wakfu points if you have a belt with WP, which, you probably would, since you need 6 control to do this.

Cool! Not counting the bombs, that's still less than you'd get from those 3 blinding bombs on turn 3 by 1000 damage. Counting the bombs, it's more, but we're comparing 3 bombs to 6 bombs with boomerang Piercing, and if 6 bombs+boomerang+piercing only does 10k more damage than just 3 bombs... that's honestly not very good! Because if there's 3 paralyzing bombs with the 3 blinding bombs with maybe 10 combo each on the paralyzing bombs, you're doing 52,655ish ST damage, which is still more than this 6 bomb kaboom buff+boomerang+piercing combo. 

And with bombs, you'd still have wakfu points, which is nice because Rogue is very wakfu reliant. With the bombs, you have a better chance of staying out of danger. With this ka-boom boomerang piercing combo... you're stuck wherever that combo left you until you get some wakfu points back. And you're not even doing as much damage.

So, I mean, you could do "bombless" rogue with kaboom if you wanted to. I guess. You're still setting up for turn 3 and then not doing as much damage as you would with bombs. I get the sentiment and the desire to not use bombs, I really do.

But the fact remains, bomb rogue is just the better option. Hope this gives you a better sense of why I say what I do about the idea of "bombless" Rogue, and why boomerang with its minimum 2 range isn't worth it. 

And without the kaboom buff, you get even less damage than that. You'd actually get about 18,020 damage from boomerang+piercing from behind. Neither of these spells benefit from the evanescence combo because that requires you to be adjacent. Both boomerang and piercing have a minimum range of 2, so that's impossible.

Bombless Rogue is just not as good as Bomb Rogue, Jonturk. But I wish you luck on that build regardless. 

PS: It's hard to call Rogue bad when it can make many dungeon bosses a lot easier by just bursting them down from phase 3 or just from full health. Blightogre is my favorite example. It's also hard to believe you when you say new Rogue is bad when you look like a Rogue main. If it's so bad... why do you play it? (That's a rhetorical question). 

And adding to that even further, k-boom on a single target build where you won't damage allies with bombs in the first place seems very contradictory to me, and kind of a waste of a passive and spell slot. Carnage overall would be a better take for the extra damage. Also, this is a general rogue and not specific to pvp, so statting all lock wouldn't be all that wise either. In pve you'll want to dodge mobs as a rogue more than lock, so I'd generally agree with Loka more with statting everything into dodge.
1 0
Score : -202

"if you are single, you should not buff all dodge i can suggest buff lock and use kaboom."
Dude,How did you connect this above sentence to bomblesss play??

Natscha|2019-08-02 21:23:16
Probably with the following sentence saying "Btw boomerang is useful spell for bombless gameplay." Realized afterwards that you meant these things separately lol. Sorry about that.

"Sorry" is accepted ,thanks but im sad to cause long reply of you smile
2 0

Probably with the following sentence saying "Btw boomerang is useful spell for bombless gameplay." Realized afterwards that you meant these things separately lol. Sorry about that.

0 0

JonTurk|2019-08-02 12:02:55
"Sorry" is accepted ,thanks but im sad to cause long reply of you smile

Don't worry about it. Misunderstandings happen, and besides, maybe someone might learn something from that really long post lol.
2 0
Score : 6375

Really nice guide, Well laid out and detailed huh

1 -1

Aw thanks Sus!

1 0
Score : 66

So i really want to make a rogue but am a bit conflicted on something.
I would like to use bombs potentially as both single and aoe damage depending on the situation of course.

First, would this be a good idea or not. And second, if this is a good thing to do is it ok to take Melee with Elemental damage in your stats rather than Melee with ST or AoE.

Besides that, this guide is absolutely awesome, cleared up a lot of confusion about this class for me.

0 0

I think that's pretty doable, and would probably be a lot of fun! You'd be going full melee and elemental mastery, as you said, so you've got the right idea if that's what you want to do. 

So you'd do 20 in Melee Mastery and 20-30 in Elemental Mastery, though if your HP ends up being low I still support the 10 points in HP. 

Glad the guide helped clear some things up! I hope you have fun with this build, it sounds interesting.

0 0
Score : 1982

Solid. BBQ + slap shot blew my mind when testing.

0 0
Score : 1

Great and complete guide ! The review of passives would be great too for beginners, even if the not mentioned ones are useless.
But why increase the Bersek Mastery in fortune, what about Critical/Rear resistance when increasing Block ?
Thanks Ankama to kill the bombeless Rogue... (Piercing Shot could be used if it would work like Temporal burn of Xelor, if the Spell Deck would have more space)

0 0

I've been thinking about going over the Passives. Maybe I'll add a bit about that. Thanks for the suggestion!

The Fortune Branch overall for Rogue is kinda tricky. You could add critical/rear resistance, but sometimes the overall mastery is just better because that crit/rear resistance doesn't do anything to help your bombs, while berserk mastery does apply to bomb damage. Rogue generally needs to have high HP and has a fantastic sustain tool with BBQ+Slap shot, so I don't think the crit/rear res is necessarily worth it to get a little tankier when certain requirements are met.

I have a lot of feelings about the non-bomb spells rogue has, especially Piercing Shot. Honestly I would be fine with it if they'd just remove the weird WP mechanic. It's really counterintuitive to how the rest of the class works, even if getting WP back on rogue is easy to do.

Like, Piercing shot has always had one job, and it's to nuke Armor. I don't know a lot about Xelor personally (I don't play Xelor :x ) but I think old Piercing shot had a similar mechanic to what Temporal Freeze does with Temporal Burn (maybe? I don't play xelor). It was called Perforated and, if I'm remembering this right, that state raised the damage of earth spells. I'd like the idea of Rogue having more options to debuff an enemy since I love sabotage classes (despite... never playing xelor, lol) so if Piercing shot had a state like that again... well, it'd probably have to be tweaked. I'll stop rambling before it's too late lol.

1 0

Updated with Passives!

2 0

wow ty

can you judge my  185 exces brutality  build i have try to follow your guide

https://zenithwakfu.com/builder/aec08

0 0

Hey! Okay! A few things right off the bat:

Excess isn't actually that great on rogue because all of bombs' damage is already final damage, so the 100% that excess adds isn't actually a lot. You can see this in my explanation of how Combo works. It's not the worst choice, though, and honestly there aren't a lot of good options for Rogue in terms of relic runes, but the Alternation I and Alternation 2 runes tend to be a favorite of a rogue friend of mine and myself.

I did math because someone called me on this, and actually, excess is great, do use it.

A few other things: Instead of putting points into elemental mastery in the strength branch characteristics, I'd recommend putting it into health points as HP is an extremely important stat for rogue. I'm gonna mess with that build for a second...https://zenithwakfu.com/builder/4b87b 

Honestly I'd prefer your build for the better res, since it's actually really hard to get the HP much higher. That's just the consequence of using Brutality I suppose lol. Cease Sword might be a good pick instead of that Hammer. It's up to you. Either way, get some blue slots on your weapon so you can enchant a lot of HP on it. 

I'd recommend bringing BBQ and Slap Shot for the heals, and Pyrotechnics instead of Kaboom so that Powder Wall does even more damage. AoE Rogue's Powder Wall is a significant damage source so if you're not planning to use the kaboom buff/people aren't planning on standing in your bombs, definitely bring Pyrotechnics.

But yeah your build is fine to be honest! Good job on it, and I'm glad my guide helped.

0 0
Score : 321

Hello, I just logged into my account from three years ago. Is creating firewalls with three bombs no longer a thing?

0 0

Hello! Welcome back! Rogue got a massive rework in February of I think 2018, and Firewall was removed in the rework and replaced with an active spell called Powder Wall. Rogue is very different now, but I still recommend playing around with the newer rogue to see if you like the playstyle.

0 0

mysterious-monkey|2019-08-26 21:30:58
Actually the final damage from bomb's combo bonus is it's own separate multiplier, so is the final damage from minesweeper.

Bomb damage = mastery * final damage * combo * Badabang * base damage

i just tested it and now i know that bombs are so much more powerful than i already thought they were thank you my friend, excess is not a bad idea anymore and i need to edit my guide

thanks for calling me on that this changes things
0 0
Score : 444

Happy to contribute, and thanks for whipping up this sweet guide.angel

It would be pretty cool if there was a section on like rogue tactics maybe even a video on how to play rogue. I'm pretty sure I'm playing rogue terribly, and I haven't really been able to see a lot of rogues in action in PvE.

0 0
Score : 1019

Nice guide Loka kiss

0 0

Thanks for the guide. It helped me a lot. I was already using the air spells, but after asking some people they've told me to use fire. happy to see that I wasn't wrong with the combo's on air. Also your guide helped me to understand a few things and where to put points into. ph34r

0 0
Respond to this thread