By continuing to browse this website or by clicking on the X, you consent to the use of cookies that enable us to collect site-visit statistics and offer you videos, share buttons, personalized ads, and a chat feature. Learn more and set cookie preferences X

FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Help!! Just returned from a hiatus and have no idea how to play rogue

By BattleReady - MEMBER - August 16, 2018, 01:45:48

As the title says im hella lost on what to do. What are its basic combos?  Any kind of advice would be greatly appreciated!

0 0
Reactions 13
Score : 1540

Trust me even playing rogue daily didn't give me any clue at all. I just throw bombs and blow it up later after it fattened

1 0
Score : 704

lmao sounds about right

0 0
Score : 4504

If you go earth, you do a bomb + blam (+blam or boot, depends on your AP), and copy the bomb with boombot if you have one unlocked yet
Then turn 2, you summon another bomb of the same element, blam twice if you can then detonate (or machinegun + detonate if you have AP leftover, for AoE)
You can also do a 3 turn combo, when you only copy a bomb with boombot on turn 3 for even more damage, but you risk an enemy destroying one of your bombs and barbed fire isn't really worth it
You can also mix it more boots, ruses and other damage spells as is convenient

1 0
Score : 704

cody5|2018-08-16 02:37:15
If you go earth, you do a bomb + blam (+blam or boot, depends on your AP), and copy the bomb with boombot if you have one unlocked yet
Then turn 2, you summon another bomb of the same element, blam twice if you can then detonate (or machinegun + detonate if you have AP leftover, for AoE)
You can also do a 3 turn combo, when you only copy a bomb with boombot on turn 3 for even more damage, but you risk an enemy destroying one of your bombs and barbed fire isn't really worth it
You can also mix it more boots, ruses and other damage spells as is convenient

Thanks for the tips. A couple of more questions

Are the bombs outside of the earth tree not worth using? 

Would rogues be considered melee or ranged now since bombs are integral to their gameplay? 

I'm assuming earth/air are the primary elements I should be focusing since fire seems situational 

Thanks! 

0 0

Honestly any bomb is viable, the more expensive ones pack more of a punch but have no more HP then the cheap ones, so i suggest using cheaper ones unless you have lots of AP, the MP and WP removal are really situational so just use the one you have elemental mastery in (oh also each bomb has resistances against damage from it's own element)

Rogues can literally be any damage type (even tho single target is a bit underwhelming) since you can trigger your bombs as an aoe or single target (by targeting an enemy, all nearby bombs will damage only that guy, great if you have allies in the aoe), but they will always deal melee damage (unless you have the scope passive in which case it's always ranged damage)

Earth is the primary element because blam buffs your bombs as well as dealing damage, fire is more situational with lifesteal, incureable and bomb mobility at range while the air branch gives you more melee options to spend your leftover AP on, but is melee only (gives nice armour with the rogue master passive tho)

0 0
Score : 1

great tips guys but one thing I'm not sure of since it's nowhere stated (or I haven't found it yet) but how do the bomb levels interact with each other?
I know back in the day, you go for AoE and target the highest level bomb since it also will use that level for chain explosions, but is that still the case?
Also how does it work for Single target explosions (since you don't choose which one goes off first)?
I'm torn and don't know what I should focus on for PvP and PvE alike since I don't know the math behind it to maximize the detonation damage

0 0

You just add up the level off all the bombs in the chain, it doesn't matter what one was first.
If you do aoe they will trigger in a chain, each explosion triggering more, but all are amplified by the total combo.
For single target, it chains all bombs within 2 range of the target, but not outside

0 0
Score : 2564

Same here, I'm just returning with my 190+ rogue and I have no idea what the class does now. Looks not very viable to be honest, at least not compared to how it used to be. 

Does it even make sense to run high control anymore since you can only place one bomb per turn? I used to run 4 or 5 control and get a firewall out on the first turn but that's no longer possible.

0 0
Score : 846

Rogues are dead on pvm , on pvp they are usable at least

1 -1

Yikes,  yeah I'm noticing that even my eniripsa can deal more first turn damage than my rogue. I guess that's what class change is for. What are the good damage dealers now? Preferably earth/fire so I don't have to reroll all my gear

Edit: I rerolled my rogue into a foggernaut. Amazing difference, and fogger feels somewhat similar to the old rogue, its got fun control / summon mechanisms that aren't awkward and easily disrupted by mobile enemies

1 0

Mishna|2018-11-12 20:20:22
Yikes,  yeah I'm noticing that even my eniripsa can deal more first turn damage than my rogue. I guess that's what class change is for. What are the good damage dealers now? Preferably earth/fire so I don't have to reroll all my gear

Edit: I rerolled my rogue into a foggernaut. Amazing difference, and fogger feels somewhat similar to the old rogue, its got fun control / summon mechanisms that aren't awkward and easily disrupted by mobile enemies

That's because rougue is designed to ramp up into strong damage due to their bomb combo mechanics.
Unfortunately the devs said that the current monster and dungeons mechanics don't really suit slow starting classes, so they plan to change monster mechanics in the future
0 0

Yeah right now I'm grinding Moon island mobs to 200 and Rogue was just way too slow and the combos were way too easily disrupted. Any monsters that can move bombs around, swap with them, or one shot them are hell for poor rogues.

0 0
Score : 846

even so my hupper wich is suposed to be a second to 3 turn class can almost one turn any mob in zinit(first Turn), and all mobs on 2 turn

0 0
Respond to this thread