By continuing to browse this website or by clicking on the X, you consent to the use of cookies that enable us to collect site-visit statistics and offer you videos, share buttons, personalized ads, and a chat feature. Learn more and set cookie preferences X

FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers
Score : 38

Rogue without bombs?

By miky77 - MEMBER - July 11, 2018, 01:20:31

Hello,

I'm not here to spread hate, just wanna share my opinion on updated rogue... To me it's weaker than before update and I'm afraid there's even no alternative guide on how to play it without bombs... Just to make it clear... Bombs aren't weak at all... The problem is, how to use them... In PVP there's no time for them (30 sec is not enough when you need to think that ahead) and ofc once you have them, nobody's gonna stand on them... Rogue simply cannot rely on bombs, I would like to use them to distract, but rogue's damage without bombs is now extremely low... :/
what do you guys think? I appreciate any advice from rogues, who found some decent strategy =)...

Thank youM.

0 0
Reactions 8
Score : 145

there is no way to play the rogue without bombs. they are the only way to regain WP other than the inspire power. other than that you can still use abilities like ruse and boot to move your bombs around. this would help with getting them to your enemies.

this in turn also gives a good AP drain on your enemies as they have to either attack your bombs or risk them blowing up in their faces after 3 rounds.

0 0
Score : 1994

I disagree.. I always wanted Rogue to have a focus on both CC and Range since he had both a gun and a dagger.. But alas, if I'm forced to use bombs then this class isn't for me (anymore).. Also, previously to this Rogues could go without bombs since the bombs were only on Fire and, in fact, most Rogues did, me included.. So basicaly after this rework this class became umplayable for me.. Thanks, Ankama..

Bombs for me are only an inconvinience I'm forced to deal with if I wanna play the class now, doing a no-bomb build is impossible now so I'm quitting Rogue for good..

1 0
Score : 1994
I found you, faker!

OMG.. How can you have almost the same nickname as me AND want the same thing for Rogues??? 
0 -2
Score : 17

1. Rogue is definitely weaker overall than before. Before we had mad crit and ini bonuses and the universally dreaded passive, bomber fan. Rogue was a tyrant before this, so yeah weaker without a doubt.
2. I do feel the timer is too low, but more so for PvM. Been training very hard with a guild mate to the point we're well over 20 duels now and after getting his expertise on strategy and planning I can assure you 30 seconds is definitely enough time. 
3. Of course nobody will just be near your bombs, but you have a boombot, ruse, boot, and crossfire all to get your bombs on the opponent.
4. Rogue sure as hell can rely only on bombs. To say they simply cannot is just dead wrong. They provide you a plethora of movement (Teleport, position switch, and provides 4 mp every turn and that counts as a connection so you get armor from just moving.) if you're left alone in a corner for any reason you can get a good bit of your hp back from just life stealing one of your bombs. (Connection! More armor!) and they do high amounts of damage. They aren't by any means perfect but they provide damage, debuffs, sustainability, and movement.
I understand what you mean though. It's like you go to your favorite restaurant and one day they wipe your entire menu and tell you you're only eating meat tonight. For the meat lovers it's no big deal, but for everyone else? Gotta find a new restaurant. 

MiiiiKy|2018-07-12 02:07:05
I disagree.. I always wanted Rogue to have a focus on both CC and Range since he had both a gun and a dagger.. But alas, if I'm forced to use bombs then this class isn't for me (anymore).. Also, previously to this Rogues could go without bombs since the bombs were only on Fire and, in fact, most Rogues did, me included.. So basicaly after this rework this class became umplayable for me.. Thanks, Ankama..

Bombs for me are only an inconvinience I'm forced to deal with if I wanna play the class now, doing a no-bomb build is impossible now so I'm quitting Rogue for good..

Both CC and Range? Like two separate builds or? If you don't mind, please elaborate on some of this. I don't entirely understand where you're coming from.
The thing about the last rogue was not only could they go without bombs, you were damn well better off. Only real reason you needed it was for the hilariously strong buffs you got from it. If you tried to create a bomb main build you'd just be shafting yourself. Rogue was always supposed to have their bombs be their gimmick, but it never worked out that way. Sorry you feel that the bombs are a burden instead of a neat gimmick. Hopefully you find your class.
Why I love Rogue so much now more than ever is because of the strategy aspect of it. Before I was a die hard Sacrier fan, and lore wise I still am, but this sacrier is dull. Whoopdedoo, you know how to hit a couple buttons after dropping to low hp. But this new Rogue, I have to plan every turn, every move, I need to know my class as well as theirs inside and out to know what their next move will be. And at the end of the fight I reveal my plan and I take away all your hp with a click of the button. The reason I win is because I played smarter than you and It pays off. Not because I have some strong passives and I win just because it's a part of my class. You can't get that feeling with any other class.
1 0
Score : 59

dunno bout pve, but rogue seems very enjoyable pvp, uses map, has strategy, isnt simple, pve probably not so enjoyable.

0 0
Score : 96

Rogue has become much weaker. I'm watch many pvp on youtube... And i thought Rogue wins not because he's smarter, but because the opponents just don't know how play with him. This will change with time. In PvM, playing alone is easy with bombs. But in group... When your allies do not know your skills, that's the problem. And evew with all the skills, it's difficult to do something when you are blocked by a passage or repelled by enemies.  In fact, you need more time for the round. And in the end. Even after such a great change and as for me the weakening of the class, they sell it to fix it and make it even weaker.

0 0
Score : 3634

UAErend|2018-07-13 12:10:26
Rogue has become much weaker. I'm watch many pvp on youtube... And i thought Rogue wins not because he's smarter, but because the opponents just don't know how play with him. This will change with time. In PvM, playing alone is easy with bombs. But in group... When your allies do not know your skills, that's the problem. And evew with all the skills, it's difficult to do something when you are blocked by a passage or repelled by enemies.  In fact, you need more time for the round. And in the end. Even after such a great change and as for me the weakening of the class, they sell it to fix it and make it even weaker.

Playing alone is definitely harder. In a group it's just that people aren't playing around you or rather 90% of the time - There's no reason to. As stasis increases, So does rogues effectiveness. Just because there's more turns and need for larger burst of damage especially if the dungeon has some type over hp recovery function.

Again, 90% of of the time, You're not doing anything over 25 stasis.  So rogue is 90% of the time worse than an average damage dealer.
0 0
Respond to this thread