By continuing to browse this website or by clicking on the X, you consent to the use of cookies that enable us to collect site-visit statistics and offer you videos, share buttons, personalized ads, and a chat feature. Learn more and set cookie preferences X

FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Barkly's Guide to Fire Rogue(REVVED UP)

By gursavage - MEMBER - March 05, 2015, 06:43:03
Barkly's Guide to Fire/Air Rogue
A general rogue guide but mainly fire
Reasons you will like Fire Rogue: Excellent in pvp and pve. Hardly any weaknesses. And we are now tank DESTROYERS. I picked this class/element because it requires more effort and thought to play. I will also cover other elements at the end.

SPELLS
The fire utility spells are now USEFUL in some ways.
You can now use Flaming claw to pull yourself or your targets (when you’ve casted barbed fire on them first). The ap has been reduced and the range has been increased which is fantaaaastic. Oh and another change for Flaming claw is that you can no longer use it to pull yourself to your bomb so don’t embarrass yourself like I have.
Bomb spells have been changed significantly. Bombs will now ignore shields on enemies (IE: Sadidas, Fecas, and even Sacrier coagulation). You will not get ap back from blowing them up unless they blow up “naturally” meaning you have to wait a couple turns for their charges to reduce (neither your spells nor your enemy’s spells can take off a charge. They are basically indestructible). Bombs also no longer have the ability to crit anymore. Am I surprised? NO. But don’t fret over a couple of these nerfs, these spells haven’t lost their potential.
Blinding Bomb and Burning Bomb cost the same amount of ap and have the same amount of charges. I can’t say I could choose 1 over the other because taking mp is great but enemies can build resist to mp loss. However the blind state does not build res and you can take as much as you want. It really just depends on what you fight against.
Megabomb’s damage has sadly been reduced and now costs a wakfu point. But it can still dish out some decent dpt and I still use it.
BBQ Ribs is pretty high dpt and it’s nice to spam. The crit –res stacks too. Boomberang is 5x better than it used to be but the damage doesn’t change when you crit (you still get the super cool spin animation though). Longsword’s dpt went up and pushes you and the target regardless of a crit or not but now it also costs wakfu.
Slap Shot is now 2ap and can only be casted 3 times per target.
Roguery stays the same.
ROUGUE ACTIVES

Fusillade is now for all elements but the 4ap doesn’t apply to you until the start of your next turn. I normally use Fusi for when I have leftover ap so I can have more the next turn (also nice to use before your bombs go off on their natural turn)

Magnetic Claw pulls enemies instead of pushes. You can still use it to move bombs and it's 2 uses per target, 4 uses per turn. MC is also range modifiable. You can now stack more Bombophobe with it.

Detonator’s range has been reduced and requires LoS to use but now it’s completely free of cost and will set your bomb off no matter how many charges it has.

Smoke may look cool but it’s bad for you. It costs 2ap and you resist 80% of ranged damage instead of nearly complete immunity. Only use this spell at the end of your turn because you will lose a couple range points when it’s casted. And you still wont have your range back for the next turn. This spell is basically when you want to say, “Stop kiting me, you filthy dishtowel.”
Ruse is a new specialty that I’m really enjoying so far. It can be used to swap places with any bomb within 7 cells, which is really useful for kiting, and even bomb placing. Ruse used on an enemy can increase bomb damage dealt to them but on an ALLY it will reduce all bomb damage. The only slight downside is that it has a 1 turn cooldown.
BOOMBOT is your partner in crime. You love him more than your firstborn child. Treat him with care and keep him out of danger because he has 0% resistance. WRONG. HE IS YOUR KNIGHT AND SHINING ARMOR NOW. BOOMBOT CAN CARRY MY ASS TO VICTORY! You can use this little devil to move, detonate, and add charges to bombs. He can also pull or push enemies/allies and block LoS. He can no longer be locked as well. But, sadly, BB has a 3 turn cooldown after he’s summoned so keep an eye on that timer if he’s down.

ROGUES SPECIALTIES

Bomber Fan: Still an incredible passive and can also give you up to 50% crits and final damage if enemies have stepped into your wall enough.

Minesweeper: A really nice buff for fire rogues but the problem is that it will reduce firewall damage to 0. But you can use this to your advantage by letting people walk into your wall while silently giving you crits and final damage.
Surprise Shot: Since bombs no longer crit, this passive is more aimed towards the other elements.

Explodobomb: Mainly a PvE spell. You can use this on tanks that keep getting in your LoS. The bomb goes off at the start of their turn and doesn’t damage the carrier HOWEVER it can damage allies nearby. You do not get ap back from the explosion.

Boomarogue: These passive names are getting worse. This passive is very useful for Earth Rogues but AoE damage from the Boombot is decreased by 30%. A few people are confused about the AoE placing and I’m here to tell you it’s based on where your rogue is standing.
Runaway: Good for all elements but it’s really nice for Air despite the ranged dmg increase. If you have Runaway and Surprise Shot in your deck you can push your enemy 1 cell, shoot, then use Roguery to hop on the target’s back and MAUL THEM with air. (crits from susprise shot reduces enemy’s res against CH and can also be reduced more from using BBQ ribs).

Rogue Master: Really nice passive to carry around if you like using air. But the stack can be lost from using any earth spells (GET F***ED EARTH/AIR ROGUES).

MY STATS
Regen is gone now but you can have a barrier up at the start of your fight, which is like having even more hp.

Init is still essential for rogues and can also be used to give you more dodge from an optional passive. I dumped the rest of my points into dodge because u cant catch me this time coppers

Since I’m more pvp I leveled block instead of Crit Dmg. Bombs don’t crit anyways.

I use bombs, boomerang, and longsword mostly so I went into AoE. I did some testing and AoE+gen damage does work out better but just by a little.

If I were to get another point to spend I would get either Final Damage or Control(if the latest gear doesn’t have any).
BUILDS AND TIPS
You can get by as a 10 or 11ap build but I made my rogue 12ap so I can use 4 bombs every turn. 12ap also works out for my air branch because you can use Longsword twice or spam the others.

· Melee players aren’t a huge nightmare if you have your runaway passive but it only works if your rogue is facing the opponent. Otherwise, you can use Boombot to Roguery/Flaming Claw out, Ruse to rocketjump away, bomb+ barbed fire to pull them away, or Longsword to push(but that’s the most expensive option)

· Make sure your bombs are in each others AoE so the chain of explosions can work.

· Always kite. If I see you with leftover MP I will find you and break your legs.(exceptions: fighting dirty cras)

· Barbed Fire can pull enemies and bombs to a bomb within 3 linear cells. I like using this to either pull people back into a firewall or clutter bombs on top of each other to cause a big explosion without using detonate. This spell can only be casted once per target.

· Boombot can be used to push you and your enemies away from each other. His res is now equivalent to your Rogue’s so you can use him to tank for you too. And by this I mean get NASTY. Use him to block everything from getting to you. (Be aware that some classes can use him to teleport closer to you)

GEAR

I didn’t make a list of what gear sets to make as you level but when you look for gear try to get as much Control, Init and Area Damage as you can. If you can’t find anything with Area Damage you can get Ranged(it still may or may not affect bombs) or Crit Damage(only useful for other elements though).

HYBRIDS
:wind:AIR/FIREfire
My personal favorite because I have range and close combat spells and it works nicely in pvp. In pvm the only issue is trying to attack a target far away that’s surrounded by allies(but now there’s passives that can make your allies nearly immune to bomb damage BUT they can still lose MP/Range). The air tree is still simple and there’s not much to explain. It’s like going full iop but with knives.

earthEARTH/FIREfire
Earth/Fire rogues mostly use bombs for building ap, damage, walls, and escaping with Ruse. It hurts me to see the fire branch pushed aside as a more supporty element.

:wind:AIR/EARTHearth
Even with the revamp you’re still God’s most unwanted children
19 0
Reactions 107
Score : 582

I really like your guide, it looks great.

One thing to note about barbed fire: If you have an enemy inside a firewall you can use barbed fire to teleport the enemy to another point in the wall, which makes it lose damage to it.

1 0
Score : 870
MonoMenace|2015-03-05 07:01:28
I really like your guide, it looks great.

One thing to note about barbed fire: If you have an enemy inside a firewall you can use barbed fire to teleport the enemy to another point in the wall, which makes it lose damage to it.
You can use barbed fire to make your enemy dance around the wall and take damage a couple times if you want but it's kind of a waste of ap and mp for the small firewall damage ¯\_('- ')_/¯
0 0
Score : 1877

I love you Barkley!

I do have to psuedo disagree with you on Barbed fire, at least for PvM.

It is a bit hefty, but the ability to slap monsters away from you if they're locking you is great for a few reasons. One, it unlocks you (Duh). Two, it does the firewall damage, which is small, admittedly, but think about it like this:

Let's say the firewall does 100 damage when an opponent moves on a square (whether they want to or not). You Barbed Fire them and they end up on the back corner square. Forget the barbed fire damage...They take 100 for swapping. Then it's the enemy's turn. They take 100 damage just for being on the square. Most monsters (From my experience) move along the firewall for an extra 200 damage. That's 400 damage (Or 4xFirewall Damage) from one spell. That's not counting your ability to run away. Whip them a second time (should you choose to), etc. etc. etc.

You could magnetic claw...I guess, but if you're on the edge and not in your firewall, then the opponent only takes two of the firewall damage on their turn (One from starting, one from moving to the square you pushed him to).

Yea, it's a little luck based, but i've always had success on it.

Just my opinion.

0 0
Score : 3866

Some questions, you may want to add a Q&A at the bottom of your guide too!

1. Bombs can only crit once per fight? What does that mean exactly?
2. The 3-firewall-damages thing, is that only via walking? Or does Barbed Fire subtract from that as well?
3. Whats the difference between Boombot level 7 and level 9? I keep mine at 7 for my Earth rogue because there isn't any reason to level it past that for Earth. What is the reason for fire?
4. Whats the top-end of how much control should be had? You get 2 from the passive, 1 by default - when should you stop?
5. I'm a bit confused as to how Bomber Fan works. It is 60% resist to bombs to all party. Does this include yourself? Is it 60% final damage from bombs or just 60% elemental? The other part that says 'Star' -50% bomb damage reduced. What does the 'Star' mean? The caster? Do you literally take ZERO damage from your own bombs with this passive maxed? Or just a really low amount of damage? Does any of this damage reduction affect the Firewall portion?
6. Is firewall considered AoE damage? Are bombs considered distance damage when they explode?

0 0
MuriCat|2015-03-06 02:36:59
I love you Barkley!

Yeah in pvm you can use the barbed fire to knock a mob further back if youre lucky. If I ever use it it's mostly for dungeons rooms because mobs are usually set up on one side of the room and its nice to keep them inside the wall with magnetic claw and barbed firex2

A few issues I've had with using barbed fire to knock an enemy out of cc is that they could either land next to me on another side OR move away 1-2 cells and when i use it again to test my luck they could pop right back in front of me ;'|

LoreChief|2015-03-06 02:46:47
Some questions, you may want to add a Q&A at the bottom of your guide too!

1. Bombs can only crit once per fight? What does that mean exactly?
2. The 3-firewall-damages thing, is that only via walking? Or does Barbed Fire subtract from that as well?
3. Whats the difference between Boombot level 7 and level 9? I keep mine at 7 for my Earth rogue because there isn't any reason to level it past that for Earth. What is the reason for fire?
4. Whats the top-end of how much control should be had? You get 2 from the passive, 1 by default - when should you stop?
5. I'm a bit confused as to how Bomber Fan works. It is 60% resist to bombs to all party. Does this include yourself? Is it 60% final damage from bombs or just 60% elemental? The other part that says 'Star' -50% bomb damage reduced. What does the 'Star' mean? The caster? Do you literally take ZERO damage from your own bombs with this passive maxed? Or just a really low amount of damage? Does any of this damage reduction affect the Firewall portion?
6. Is firewall considered AoE damage? Are bombs considered distance damage when they explode?
*Cracks knuckles*
1. I'm either one of the most unluckiest rogues in the game OR bomb crit chance is like 30%. Even when i only use bombs about 4 times per turn, using my air spells only 4 times still crits more so I don't know whats up
2. If a mob has taken wall damage 3 times you can still damage him with the wall(barbedfire/mag claw) another 3 times HOWEVER at the start of the targets next turn he will not take wall damage.
3. I did a lot of testing before with the level difference with boombot and why I had to max him but I honestly forgot why he had to be at 9. I'd have to go respec to see his spell/range differences as he levels.
4.In PvP I mostly use only 4 bombs but if it's a tank or eca(have to use firewall) I suggest getting 6+. Same goes for pvm I suggest getting 6+.
5.Bomber Fan gives your allies 60% res to your bombs but the caster himself(the star sign) has the total bomb damage reduced by 50%. Firewall damage does not get decreased 50% to the caster sad So I would assume that means no decrease to the allies as well.
6.I know firewall damage can be distance damage if it's 3cells or more but not sure about Area Damage yet. As for bombs.. ok it's odd. You won't fail the ranged challenge if you blow a bomb up next to a target BUT if a rogue casts smoke or a panda casts bamboozle(immune to ranged attacks) the bombs will still deal damage because they'll count as cc. There's another thread about bomb localization saying theyre similar to being summons.
0 0
Score : 785

Boombot gains spells as it levels, it has to be 9 in order for it to be able to detonate bombs. It bugs me that it isn't on the tooltip.

0 0
Score : 1877
gursavage|2015-03-06 03:10:49
[quote name='MuriCat' date='2015-03-06 02:36:59' post='835978']I love you Barkley!

Yeah in pvm you can use the barbed fire to knock a mob further back if youre lucky. If I ever use it it's mostly for dungeons rooms because mobs are usually set up on one side of the room and its nice to keep them inside the wall with magnetic claw and barbed firex2

A few issues I've had with using barbed fire to knock an enemy out of cc is that they could either land next to me on another side OR move away 1-2 cells and when i use it again to test my luck they could pop right back in front of me ;'|

True, but one thing i've found is to be a step away from your firewall (as in there's an empty space between you and the wall) and then whip. I dunno...luck of the draw again.

Still, great guide~
0 0

when i started pvp i went from rogue to cra to eca but my luck DIED so I went back to rogue because a lot of the damage just relies on skill
i mean crits would HELP but i can get by

0 0
Score : 7070

I like the doodles.

15/10

1 0

thanks tangelo

0 0
Score : 89
gursavage|2015-03-06 03:10:49
6.I know firewall damage can be distance damage if it's 3cells or more but not sure about Area Damage yet. As for bombs.. ok it's odd. You won't fail the ranged challenge if you blow a bomb up next to a target BUT if a rogue casts smoke or a panda casts bamboozle(immune to ranged attacks) the bombs will still deal damage because they'll count as cc. There's another thread about bomb localization saying theyre similar to being summons.

bamboozle is actually cc armor, so that is still in line i guess with bomb damage being ranged
0 0
snugglepop|2015-03-08 18:01:36
bamboozle is actually cc armor, so that is still in line i guess with bomb damage being ranged
OH you're right I got it mixed up
When a panda casts bamboozle my bombs won't deal any damage because they'd count as cc.
0 0
Score : 35531

You put it in the wrong section nerdo

11/10
0 0
Score : 1486

Ya best thing about fire rogues is the localized damage from bombs. Insanely helpful in various fights (Lenalds + Xel Present).

0 0
MiniMikeh|2015-03-09 00:30:25

You put it in the wrong section nerdo

11/10

LAY OFF DUDE IM NEW TO THIS OK
12/10
1 0
Score : 3029

[ Insert cute sketch drawing ]

I DON'T EVEN PLAY ROGUES AND I READ IT.

13/10

0 0
Score : 185

I love your guide!

Initially I was planning to go Earth/Fire but was put off by the lack of effective Wakfu recovery and the high wakfu demands. So I've decided to go Air/Fire, however, am not quite sure what I'm doing.
I know the essential skills are -Longsword, Megabomb, Blinding Bomb.

However I am not sure what to make the last 2 skills. I like:

Barbed Fire- think its rather fun to make the mobs randomly teleport with in the firewall.

Slapshot- A proper melee option but I assume to maximize the damage for this I'd have to use Roguery as a utility to teleport behind my target and use back attack. BBQed ribs would have to be in there too I guess.

Boomerang Dagger- I LOVE THIS SKILL. The animation(how she throws it and then catches it), the AoE style and also the cost. I guess this could make a nice combo with Barbed Fire. I could use it to damage a target and take a charge off a bomb with the same attack.

I'd love some ideas.

Also I was wondering if this is a good levelling order for special abilities.
(The character is level 55 with 9AP 4MP, was power levelled with my main account so I still have the level 30 respec)

What I was thinking-
Bomber Fan
Remote Control
Rogue Master
Magnetic Claw
Initiator (I left it till here because it would take a while to build up decent Initiative)
Boombot
Runaway
Smoke (Bleh)

0 0
jpuntuned|2015-04-27 13:34:14
I love your guide!

Initially I was planning to go Earth/Fire but was put off by the lack of effective Wakfu recovery and the high wakfu demands. So I've decided to go Air/Fire, however, am not quite sure what I'm doing.
I know the essential skills are -Longsword, Megabomb, Blinding Bomb.
I havent checked the forums in a while but my rogue's also fire/air but I mainly use fire
My air spells are for when im stuck in close combat but, then again, I try everything to get out of cc because air dpt can't match up to fire at all and could risk the fight.
But when i do use air, my favorite spell is BOOOMERAANG and longsword to hit and run

and as for leveling specs you're on the right track but I'd move boombot to 4th or 5th
0 0
Score : 4

These doodles 20/10

Also general question, machine gun vs crossfire which do you prefer?

0 0
Respond to this thread