FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Earth Rouge (Is this Real Life)

By Longjevity - MEMBER - March 11, 2013, 05:37:31

Maybe Im not understanding this correctly, But earth Rouge has more damage potential than.. Basically anything.

This Set:
+739 HP, +15%damage (all) +116% Water Damage, + 166% Earth Damage, + 13% Critical Hits, + 30% Air Resist, + 30% Fire Resist, + 56% Resist (All), + 15% resist air, +15% resist fire, +164 Initiative, + 139 Lock + 25 dodge, 16 Block + 1 MP + 3 AP, +15% damage from Behind, +1 lvls. to earth spells.
So you skill 1 ap, then the rest to (mp/crit/earth damage/initiative) Or something.
You Max: fusillade, suprise shot, initiator, runaway, smoke.
You shoot 4 piercing shots 450+% (-100%earth resi) and get the Surprise shot bonus with all that water %.. Im not exactly sure how surprise shot works. But the earth part alone would hit for around 1600 damage. + A Ton of surprise shot damage.
Thoughts?
0 0
Reactions 22
Score : 123

We need those people here who whined about earth nerf.
That build seems very legit.

0 0
Score : 639

Its a well known fact that earth has the most varied and powerful gear in the game at the moment, and yes the rogue is by far the leader in damage at the moment, sadly damage is what this "tactical" game has boiled down to.

0 -1
Score : 7470

Earth Rogue is crazy, no doubt.
Tempting to respec into Earth.

SS does 50% of the damage inflicted from the original shot as a second shot, but it goes as water damage.

Smoke isn't very useful. It has it's moments, no doubt.
MagClaw is handy in so many ways.

Btw, love the title.
But back off, that's so my line.

0 0
Score : 105

Still, rampart is not the best you can do with earth rogue (despite ini bonus). Not much crit, no dodge...

Fussilate doesnt improve dmg very much, in fact it can make it lower in most situations (10% dmg bonus, but you have to be in really good position at the start of two sequential turns to profit that 10%).

Ini as dmg is very cool, but many classes have similar bonuses, like precision, dodge as dmg, pp as dmg etc. So I wouldn't say that rogue has more dmg potential than any other class just because of that ^^

Runaway isnt something set in stone either, it makes your position during next turn hard to predict, which can be a deal breaker for rogue...

0 0
Score : 246
Xezzy|2013-03-11 15:07:42
Still, rampart is not the best you can do with earth rogue (despite ini bonus). Not much crit, no dodge...

Fussilate doesnt improve dmg very much, in fact it can make it lower in most situations (10% dmg bonus, but you have to be in really good position at the start of two sequential turns to profit that 10%).

Ini as dmg is very cool, but many classes have similar bonuses, like precision, dodge as dmg, pp as dmg etc. So I wouldn't say that rogue has more dmg potential than any other class just because of that ^^

Runaway isnt something set in stone either, it makes your position during next turn hard to predict, which can be a deal breaker for rogue...

Although smoke and runaway arent the most useful, what else do you pump you points into?
And your right fussilate only gives 10%.. but it doubles ap, so I think it does improve your damage very much.. maybe a litte? wink Considering thats 4 piecing shots dealing additional 50% water damage?
Also what makes the Rampart so good, is the extra water% damage for surprise shot, and the impressive initiative, making this build theoretically water/earth. And I think this would be the best set for an earth rouge, considering Radioactive and Muwulf are the alternatives.

Onesti|2013-03-11 11:51:00
Earth Rogue is crazy, no doubt.
Tempting to respec into Earth.

SS does 50% of the damage inflicted from the original shot as a second shot, but it goes as water damage.

Smoke isn't very useful. It has it's moments, no doubt.
MagClaw is handy in so many ways.

Btw, love the title.
But back off, that's so my line.
Yea the abilities may be a little shaky, runaway and smoke dont seem to be the most useful.
But knowing How SS works make me fear this build all the more, seeing the water damage on this set is also up there.
Haha, and sorry for taking your line biggrin 
0 0
Score : 361

Rouge problem its Possition. You cant use Fussilate if you make 1 step or somthing. You can use it at start of the turn only. And dont forget what after that you got next turn 0 ap. So its just burst for 1 turn.

0 0
MainEvil|2013-03-11 15:37:48
Rouge problem its Possition. You cant use Fussilate if you make 1 step or somthing. You can use it at start of the turn only. And dont forget what after that you got next turn 0 ap. So its just burst for 1 turn.
Yea This is very true, and probably the biggest drawback of the earth build rogue. Although- don't forget that it then dobles your mp next turn (while taking all ap), so this may allow for a nasty pulsar shot, or to get in a good position for next turn.
0 0
Score : 361

And about SS guys... Im think you cant boost it with any ways. Its just do 50% of dmg no matter what happen (on dummy for sure).

Longjevity|2013-03-11 15:40:50
Yea This is very true, and probably the biggest drawback of the earth build rogue. Although- don't forget that it then dobles your mp next turn (while taking all ap), so this may allow for a nasty pulsar shot, or to get in a good position for next turn.
Pulsar got ugly range... So again this possition problem.
0 0
Score : 2116

In Theory Fussilate kinda reduces your damage.

It doubles your AP yes but 4 Piercing Shots in 1 turn where only 2 can proc Suprise Shot compared to 2 Piercing Shots a turn for 2 turns where you can proc Suprise Shot up to 4 times over the course of 2 turns.

It's all theory crafting tho.

0 0
Score : 3471

You all need to calm down.

0 0
Score : 35668
Kwuality|2013-03-11 17:02:40
You all need to calm down.
I think PP needs to take a nappy nap
0 0
Score : 182

Biggest damage potential still belongs to eca's because of DoQ though

better nerf irelia

0 0
Score : 2016
Pilz-e|2013-03-11 11:05:42
We need those people here who whined about earth nerf.
That build seems very generic
fixed
0 0
Score : 105
Longjevity|2013-03-11 15:32:34

Although smoke and runaway arent the most useful, what else do you pump you points into?
And your right fussilate only gives 10%.. but it doubles ap, so I think it does improve your damage very much.. maybe a litte? wink Considering thats 4 piecing shots dealing additional 50% water damage?
Also what makes the Rampart so good, is the extra water% damage for surprise shot, and the impressive initiative, making this build theoretically water/earth. And I think this would be the best set for an earth rouge, considering Radioactive and Muwulf are the alternatives.

It's actually hard to decide which ability to lvl, and its the way its supposed to be ^^ Before revamp it was a no brainer for earth rogue, now you have options. Smoke and runaway are both nice, not my style though, cause runaway isn't reliable enough. I prefer bot + remote control (although ss on bot is bugged).

Fussilate doubles AP, but you get 0ap next turn, so dmg is essentialy the same ^^ You cant compare fusilate of rogue to max dmg of iop or smth, without taking drawbacks under account. You can compare it to, say, fire sac at 1hp XD

As someone already said, water dmg bonus doesnt matter to ss, its damage is fixed. Not sure how much crits this stone set would have, but prolly around 12? It's not much... Even having full radio with sat ring is better.

Chrolo|2013-03-11 15:55:59
In Theory Fussilate kinda reduces your damage.
It doubles your AP yes but 4 Piercing Shots in 1 turn where only 2 can proc Suprise Shot compared to 2 Piercing Shots a turn for 2 turns where you can proc Suprise Shot up to 4 times over the course of 2 turns.
It's all theory crafting tho.

Exactly! So the dmg can be actually bit lower, it's just comes faster. Fussilate is a really great tool, but you must use it correctly. with my 10ap/5mp build, so during first turn you `move' 5mp to next turn (pulsar shot) and `move' 2 piercing shots to this turn. There are very few situations where you can 4x piercing AND fully use pulsar next turn. But there are many situations where you shouldnt wait for next turn, even if it means bit less dmg smile
0 0

Thanks for clarifying,
So SS doesn't benefit from water damage, so other sets may be (probably are) Better than this one. And also keep in mind the drawbacks of using fusillade.

0 0
Score : 3424

At least one of those Rocky Fists should be replaced with a Phosphorescent Ring. 

0 0
Score : 360

I admit the Earth Rogue is a very unique class setup, due to the potential damage if you maximize statistics for amplifying damage be it from strength or initiative. But I find that the best build for me being a rogue is by leveling Init to 50, Dodge to 25, add lots of range, then have 1 MP instead of AP. I run around during battles like a man possessed, shooting and escaping all manner of situations, using Fusillade Run-Down turns to cross half the map. It's honestly a very tricky class and very strong in burst fire, but lacks anything beyond the single-burst shot from Blam!! & Piercing Shot, the bread & butter of the Rogue setup.

0 0
Score : 581

I'm looking to make an earth rogue, can anyone provide me some builds in my ankama box^^?
I'm curious to see what people are tending to use atm =)

0 0
Score : 646
MainEvil|2013-03-11 15:42:19
And about SS guys... Im think you cant boost it with any ways. Its just do 50% of dmg no matter what happen (on dummy for sure).

Longjevity|2013-03-11 15:40:50
Pulsar got ugly range... So again this possition problem.

It is indeed VERY hard to position correctly on the second turn of fusillade when you have double the MP. So 8 or 10 mp?

soo hard.......
0 0
Respond to this thread