By continuing to browse this website or by clicking on the X, you consent to the use of cookies that enable us to collect site-visit statistics and offer you videos, share buttons, personalized ads, and a chat feature. Learn more and set cookie preferences X

FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Disadvantages of Distance and Melee combat styles

By JonTurk - MEMBER - June 19, 2019, 18:34:53

1st Question:,Is there a disadvantages for melee fighters if they lose any range or etc. ?
2nd Question :why there are disadvanteages for dİstance fighters if they lost their range, etc? 
you can prefer any question
Do you think melee player gears are stronger than distance player gears ır equal why??

0 -10
Reactions 15
Score : 215

first of all, yes, melee gears usually (not all but most of em) got more resistance than the distance gears, in that case, melees will have more resistance than the distance one (which they fight in close combat that means they get a lot of damage comin tho).
1 st question : some melee class (example ouginak) got some spell that is not fixed in range (example teleportation behind target on ougi) which decrease the amount of range if ure using -range status and so on, you cant easily catch mobs/players with low range smile.
2nd question : ranged fighters(what you said) is always depends on their range since they dont have that much resistance like what melee have. they need to stay away, get on range and set things up behind so they did not get nuked and fall down that easily.

yes they both are equal in gears cause they have their own roles. thats why there is team compotition and different class specialities makes it varies.

ps:sry for my englishsad

4 -1
Score : 301

ok your reply is not worse but you should think more or i can wait other replies till some people see the unbalance.  btw range is not distance.range can be 2 tiles within caster that counts as melee.im about distance combat.

0 -11
Score : 347

I'm gonna give my opinion in PVP aspect,if you look at the gears in the game one could assume that for some reason the devs think that distance class needs less resistance than melee class because they can actually keep their distance all the time, that's not really the case almost all the melee class in the game can cover good amount of distance in every turn and they can even stabilize the distance class on some turns ,a melee class can get good resistance without compromising any damage because of the melee biased gears in the game and giving them spell to stabilize is too OP, not considering the fact that the map can end up being really small keeping the distance class at even more disadvantage.So i think the distance gears shouldn't have less resistance than melee gears in general or need to balance the gears in such away.And give more cool down on stabilize spells

1 -1

brownsugr|2019-06-20 07:49:19
I'm gonna give my opinion in PVP aspect,if you look at the gears in the game one could assume that for some reason the devs think that distance class needs less resistance than melee class because they can actually keep their distance all the time, that's not really the case almost all the melee class in the game can cover good amount of distance in every turn and they can even stabilize the distance class on some turns ,a melee class can get good resistance without compromising any damage because of the melee biased gears in the game and giving them spell to stabilize is too OP, not considering the fact that the map can end up being really small keeping the distance class at even more disadvantage.So i think the distance gears shouldn't have less resistance than melee gears in general or need to balance the gears in such away.And give more cool down on stabilize spells

i like your reply, you are closer to realise but it is not the big point that i  seek. i wish moderators notice this topic and unbalance combat style to fix.i will explain whats wrong between this 2 combat styles. dont think it is only for pvp. it is general unbalance
0 -11
Score : 536

If you know all the answers, why are you asking for opinions? 

5 0
Score : 258

I often have to risk a lot to get the distance dmg dealers out of damage, even tanking the attack and wasting a turn. Also, I need to waste AP getting in the right position to attack. Most distance damagers are already set up and even get to debuff a couple of mobs from absolute safety because I'm eating dirt so they don't have to. Oh, and I forgot: I only have one positioning spell in a game based on positioning, and it's 4ap.
In the Shushu dungeons, melee also stands more to lose than distance. Looking at Hexaku there!
Zinit is incredibly punishing to melee, too, but we can say the pay-to-play area doesn't count.
With all this, I'd say losing range doesn't matter that much unless you get Blinding, which is one debuff out of a ton.

0 0
Diaraline has got the point but Dia thinks melees eat dirts.
No-distance fighters have got more debuff in combats ,cause of range, when you lost your all range by a spell or lock reason or surrounded,you are losing your (20*8 mastery) in characteristic ,plus your are losing your all distance mastery on gears plus locked distance fighters lose 1-2 ap and 2-3 mp even if they have got 30 willpower and more dodge.i have got over 800 distance mastery in characteristic page
and all distance gears have got worse resistance.when you lost your all damage power once ,you have got no chance to survive because of unlimited spell usage of mobs on you(if you are 1 hero in combat,this is hardest).Even you have to take risk and you must be closer opponents to damage when you lost your 4-5 ranges at once or MOVE POINTS in combats , game forces you play as melee.. when you needed hp recover you will recieve over 100-200hp which is meaningless to cast. Already 190 lv rogue hp steal is worse than 160 lv sram.yeah melees can eat dirt but they have got more chance to survive by not losing any mastery if they lose mp or range and most of them has got %100 hp steal.  otherhand most of mobs attacks against players as melee ,i never see a mob that acts "hit and escape". Ankama should stop creating mobs which steals 4range at once and must debuf some classes which using mp buff or jumps 5 tile away.otherwise being diistance is meaningless in 15x15 combat zones.
MOST IMPORTANT POINT IS WHEN I LOST MY All RANGE AND SURROUNDED, İ CAN THROW MY BOMB "NOWHERE"

BTW this is a forumm and asking question is a right for every player who support or play this game once or more and forums are the places where you can interact with others and none forces you come and reply in here.i have got no idea about what is dislikes for ?? because this is not a suggesiton or kind.. Even if you dont like someone's idea ,you dont have to join their topic mostly if it is not suggestion .vote dislikes in a discusion topic must be a reason for people who feel themself  out of community...

00--TEMPURA--00|2019-06-21 02:04:10
If you know all the answers, why are you asking for opinions? 

because im playing 1 class and 2 real level combat style for it and i can be wrong and need other player idea if i m wrong. or maybe there can be missing point about classes(roles) about their creation and spell setting..

this is a prove 140 lv mob has got less lock pts than my dodge value ,if it steals 2mp from a distance fighter you guess about moon mobs.
0 -8

If you're getting surrounded it means your melee friend didn't do their job, or that you're playing solo, which is a terrible idea for any class. But leaving that aside,  let's talk about disadvantages. Stabilization deletes my turn, while you just laugh and shoot more bombs. Losing mp can make me waste 4 or 5 so depending on the situation and sometimes I can't even get back to the healer. Poison on mp WILL damage me, I can't not walk, but for you it's an option. I can't position unless I'm next to the other person and have 4 ap, plus the ap and mp I used to get there. I have one standard to distract,  while you have what, three bombs? How about enemies that reflect melee damage? If I fight a schanker 1-1, I will die. I have extra resistance because I'm defending you and maybe two other people who can attack without worry. 
Every class has problems. Blinded is one debuff that affects you, but you don't realize the trouble other people have. It sounds like you don't think about this because you don't play with others. 

2 0
Score : 29

this is just dumb, you're just accept what ppl think exact same like what you want, not an open opinion. really.. it's dumb, if you're even maxed level and try thoose zinit dgs or ubs you might change the way you think, if you think you know it all, don't really need to ask ppl smile nah still this is dumb the dislike answer it all.

2 0

Diaraline|2019-06-22 09:23:38
 If you're getting surrounded it means your melee friend didn't do their job, or that you're playing solo, which is a terrible idea for any class. But leaving that aside,  let's talk about disadvantages. Stabilization deletes my turn, while you just laugh and shoot more bombs. Losing mp can make me waste 4 or 5 so depending on the situation and sometimes I can't even get back to the healer. Poison on mp WILL damage me, I can't not walk, but for you it's an option. I can't position unless I'm next to the other person and have 4 ap, plus the ap and mp I used to get there. I have one standard to distract,  while you have what, three bombs? How about enemies that reflect melee damage? If I fight a schanker 1-1, I will die. I have extra resistance because I'm defending you and maybe two other people who can attack without worry. 
Every class has problems. Blinded is one debuff that affects you, but you don't realize the trouble other people have. It sounds like you don't think about this because you don't play with others. 

do you notice what are you talking about??

Diaraline|2019-06-24 12:52:38
... yes? How can I not notice? I wrote it. I don't get what you mean.
And you didn't even answer any of my points so I'll make the question simple. Why is one (1) debuff more horrible than three (3)? 

you are matching 2 classes that i dont need, i need distance and melee combat styles.
0 -1

... yes? How can I not notice? I wrote it. I don't get what you mean.
And you didn't even answer any of my points so I'll make the question simple. Why is one (1) debuff more horrible than three (3)? 

0 0
you are matching 2 classes that i dont need, i need distance and melee combat styles.

You never said that, you've just been complaining about how distance fighters have problems. Maybe you should change the way you play.
0 0

Diaraline|2019-06-24 23:37:48

You never said that, you've just been complaining about how distance fighters have problems. Maybe you should change the way you play.

why should i change my combat style ??
as i saw, you are not reading my posts  well.
"because im playing 1 class and 2 real level combat style for rogue and i can be wrong and need other player idea if i m wrong. or maybe there can be missing point about classes(roles) about their creation and spell setting."

i already told you about 2 combat styles ,ofc i have to compare as "rogue's combat styles" ,i could tell that  melee rogue steals more hp thaan distance rogue. if So, what your defend would be?? but you are  an iop ,i can guess you have got no distance build to match and im sure you have got no idea about distance hardness ,right?

Diaraline|2019-06-25 03:21:54
Ah, so that's what that meant. Sorry, I couldn't understand you.
And well, melee steals more hp, yes. That's the point. So does huppermage and probably everyone else who can do more than one build. Who gets hurt the most? Why should distance heal the same when they don't run the same risks?
I play iop and fogger, by the way, and I can tell you if I play well in an easy fight, my fogger gets hit around two times per fight while the iop gets six or more hits. I don't need to steal hp on the fogger because he's not supposed to be in the frontlines.
Literally every problem you have with distance is telling you to play in groups. In a group game.

you are repeatedly telling about frontlines.There is no range limit about bosses or mobs.Mostly mobs are rushing to attack with mp buff or ranges against any player in 6 range. Stop telling frontline, Kannibals,R.Smisse boss,Shaman croc and  Ripper,kokoleric and kokoboss,D.Pig,Drhellers,Silmawhirlies,Xelor bosses and mobs,Agony,B.Crow bosses ,Vampire boss,Nun  boss,Vineyard mobs and bosses,Riktuses,Kali's mobs,Gobbalrog boss,excarnus,Shushus,brrbli,Jellies,Shuudokus,Puddlies,Zordfishboss,Cactus mobs and boss,Wabbits,Miss Freeze,Hoodlum boss and mobs. Can you reply me which one of them cannot break  your stupid frontline idea and cannot attack ranged fighters???have you got any  idea for range players who has been locked by ripper and havent got any spell to escape or hit them??

Simply you should understand this  point,Mp losing is common disadvantage for  2  combat style but range losing is extra big disadvantage if it has stolen -4 range at once for  distance  fighters..They are  losing  %75 gear power-maybe characteristic  power and cant  act any spell if  spell not allowed from melee range.

Diaraline|2019-06-26 13:13:40
>have you got any  idea for range players who has been locked by ripper and havent got any spell to escape or hit them??
Just get the melee fighter to kill those. Get a shield from someone else. Kill other things meanwhile. 
Why do you have to solve everything on your own? Also, why do you not talk about the mobs that absolutely cripple melee? Oh, that's right, you don't care about melee.
Given that you don't want to look at the other side of the issue I'm done replying to you. You obviously just want to whine about your problems and ignore other people.

dia you havegot no idea  about distance combat ,cause you have got no distance fighters.just make your iop a distance fighter and go moon or wabbits for  stasises(play like pro) and  we will  see you will be back here for apologyze.i  may ignore cause im not with noob  sides who likes to play dungs in easy modes and comes here to talk as noobs,
0 -2

Ah, so that's what that meant. Sorry, I couldn't understand you.
And well, melee steals more hp, yes. That's the point. So does huppermage and probably everyone else who can do more than one build. Who gets hurt the most? Why should distance heal the same when they don't run the same risks?
I play iop and fogger, by the way, and I can tell you if I play well in an easy fight, my fogger gets hit around two times per fight while the iop gets six or more hits. I don't need to steal hp on the fogger because he's not supposed to be in the frontlines.
Literally every problem you have with distance is telling you to play in groups. In a group game.

1 0
Respond to this thread