FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Hero Team Help For New Wakfuıan

By Blomard - MEMBER - January 26, 2019, 21:47:22

Hey everyone,

Its gonna be my first time playing Wakfu after I get some technical issues done. (account confirmation problem and I didnt recieve booster pack).

Because of that I had lots of time to go through classes and decide whats my 3 man team is gonna be.

I have some combinations in my head and wanted to ask you experienced players for advice.

I love healers in all mmo games so I think my main is gonna be an Eni. I think it will be good in end game content for grouping. So here is my alternatives;

1- Eni - Cra - Feca 
2- Eni - Iop - Cra
3- Eni - Feca - Huppermage
4- Eni - Iop - Xelor

Dont know what skill elements do, or whats going to happen in the way. But i'll research my 3 classes after your help.

Thanks !

0 0
Reactions 5
Score : 123

Eni - Feca - Huppermage: Cause hupper can apply incurable and stabilized, and Hupper are cool. 

1 0
Score : 543

Here's a few aspects for each team:

Team 1:

• Direct damage from cra, indirect damage from eni marks (with passive) and feca glyphs
  • All members can debuff enemy
  • Eni and feca can buff allies, cra's range buff only if ally in aoe, which should be rare
  • All members can position allies/enemies (cra most effective with air beacons)
  • Feca stabilize takes all target's mp, so will need cra's biting blow to stabilize allies against moon and zinit mobs
  • Eni has only res spell, but feca has 2 nice damage immunity spells and eni and cra can self-heal
  • Eni and feca should be built sturdy, cra can be glass cannon
  • Know several people that use this combo for Mineral Tower

Team 2: 
  • Direct damage from iop and cra, indirect damage from eni marks (with passive)
  • Eni can buff allies, but might take a lot of eni's ap because iop and cra should generally not be in same aoe; iop can give ap and damage buff but also should not be in same aoe often
  • All members can position allies/enemies (cra most effective with air beacons)
  • Iop can stabilize self and mobs (I think allies too with standard but not sure), cra's biting blow will be useful here for eni stabilization
  • Eni has only res spell, but cra can self-heal (not sure about iop)
  • Eni and iop should be built sturdy, cra can be glass cannon

Team 3:
  • Direct damage from huppermage, indirect damage from eni marks (with passive) and feca glyphs
  • All members can debuff enemy (hupper through stealing elemental mastery (rune-generating spells) and crits (situational water spell))
  • Eni and feca can buff allies
  • All members can position allies/enemies (feca's probably cheapest cost)
  • Feca stabilize takes all target's mp, so will need huppermages' principio valere with earth rune to stabilize against moon and zinit mobs
  • Eni has only res spell, but feca has 2 nice damage immunity spells and huppermage has wall to block out all incoming damage; huppermage can also use light sword to self-heal if using earth
  • Eni and feca should be built sturdy, huppermage can be glass cannon using water/fire/air spells or sturdy using water/fire/earth spells

Team 4:
  • Direct damage from iop and xelor, indirect damage from eni marks (with passive)
  • Eni can buff allies, but might take a lot of eni's ap because iop and xelor should generally not be in same aoe; iop can give ap and damage buff but also should not be in same aoe often; xelor can give ap to those on dial
  • All members can position allies/enemies (xelor most effective)
  • Iop can stabilize self and mobs (I think allies too with standard but not sure)
  • Eni and xelor have res spell and can self-heal (not sure about iop)
  • All three should be built sturdy (xelor so dial can be strong and not get demolished before cooldown ends)
2 0
Score : 101

Thank you very much for the detailed guidance.

I see that it's not that easy to make a good balance with classes in the team. All of the teams have advantages and disadvantages in gameplay. Comparing with other mmo healers, Eni doesn't seem to be a class that I think it is, a hardcore life saver.

If I want to benefit from Eni's buffs maybe I should consider having two melee classes, 1 dps and 1 tank. Or I can maybe change my Eni to be my main class. I still have time to think about what I'm going to play, because the technical issues hasn't been solved yet. 

If I'm not mistaking options 2 and 3 are more suitable for a newbie.

Do you have a team suggestion ? I'm open for new ideas.

0 0
Score : 101

shuttle127|2019-01-28 00:37:13
WARNING: Even bigger wall of text than first post incoming. Ideally the last before OP's technical issues get resolved!

Apologies if it sounds like I undersold the Eni; they are still the most consistent healers in the game, both single-target and aoe. Please don't let that frustrate you from your first choice. They are sorely needed everywhere, especially when I forgot to mention that they too, like feca, have an invulnerability spell (Transcendence); its only limitation is the target cannot spend any AP their next turn. This is okay to save low hp allies in the thick of it, but it's also good to use on enemies that you know are about to get a huge buff either from the speed bonus or from their own mechanics to nullify their damage.

As far as newbie-friendly team compositions go, it seems Ankama's own assessment of class difficulty makes the argument that option 1 is actually the most newbie friendly, with Cra being the easiest to pick up (only 1 out of 3 stars).

Option 2 is good too, with the only tricky part being learning how to do Iop combos, but there are plenty of guides in the Iop forums to help with that.

Option 3 gets bogged down by the Huppermage (3 out of 3 stars) because it's still a little tricky trying to decide if you want a build with lots of WP gear ( high QB ) or not ( low QB ), how to manage your runes (which is where your light spells get their damage from), and whether or not your utility spells are needed or not. In this team, by yourself they shouldn't be, you'll need all the damage a Huppermage can output.

Option 4 is all about Iop combos and managing the tick-tock cycle of Xelor (also 3 out of 3 stars), which when done right can lead to some fantastic neutralizing of enemies through the combination of big damage and ap loss.

If you plan on playing alone with just your 3, you should eventually (when max-geared) be able to do all non-zinit/non-ultimate boss dungeons and any group of 3-4 at-your-level mobs with any of the 4 options. Mineral Tower (which only accepts teams of 3 instead of 6) will be a good place for you to practice and get good gear.

If you want to join with someone else's team of 3, you'll need to keep team composition in mind. One healer is generally enough, but it's nice to have a second off-healer with a res just in case. In the most optimal situation, you'd join a guild and only have to contribute 1 out of 6 to do a run and can use your Eni as you see fit. Or even just take your Eni in with a multi-boxer who wants a break from running a full team.

Having said all that, don't feel the need to change your Eni to anything, they're a great main. In the early levels with whatever option you choose, you can do plenty of damage with water under unnatural remedies, or you can do straight-up air and fire damage just by attacking normally. The Transgression passive is actually pretty sweet because you can be beefy AND do damage (although your heals take a little hit, but with your choices your team shouldn't be getting hit that much). 

So the TL;DR is...
  • Choose option 1 if you want to be proficient in the trifecta of MMO archetypes and still clear most content alone
  • Choose option 2 if you prefer steamrolling content with raw power
  • Choose option 3 if you like complex classes and have the patience to learn them
  • Choose option 4 if you like manipulating the battlefield to your advantage

This is fantastic. Many thanks for your great guidance. A great, helpful guide..
1 0
Respond to this thread