FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Classes Today and PVM?

By CroatsWarning - MEMBER - January 19, 2013, 18:13:30

So i have been Abscent from the game for well over 8 months, coming back now My once familiar characters seem different and the game has expanded quite a bit, I feel that it would be best to just Reroll and start from scratch.

I was wondering if you guys could give me a list of Best to Mediocre PVM "kind of solo" Classes with thier Element and Maybe What makes them Shine.

The Below is just for Opinions on what you think may suit me now days.

I want to weigh my options when making a new player and My Play style is as follows-

>Never will be a Cra
>Usually Solo
>Like to Help others with leveling/Dungeons
>Like to be Mid to Best Dpt in fight "Considering every one has near simular stats from gear"
>Like for fights to not last 15 turns for something simple
>Like to Prep quickly then Head into the fight Tactically
>Never really plan to need to be PVP orriented, Focus is Only PVM
>Like Chocolate Covered strawberries

, Thanks in advance for any responses.

0 0
Reactions 28
Score : 17656
>Usually Solo >Like to Help others with leveling/Dungeons >Like to be Mid to Best Dpt in fight "Considering every one has near simular stats from gear" >Like for fights to not last 15 turns for something simple >Like to Prep quickly then Head into the fight Tactically >Never really plan to need to be PVP orriented, Focus is Only PVM

Lists everything a cra is

>Never will be a Cra
-___-;....

Try an Ecaflip, they're like, the bad Cras.
0 0
Score : 6477
CroatsWarning|2013-01-19 18:13:30
So i have been Abscent from the game for well over 8 months, coming back now My once familiar characters seem different and the game has expanded quite a bit, I feel that it would be best to just Reroll and start from scratch.

I was wondering if you guys could give me a list of Best to Mediocre PVM "kind of solo" Classes with thier Element and Maybe What makes them Shine.
, Thanks in advance for any responses.
You shouldn't have to reroll, as the next patch will bring a respec system to Wakfu. There is a dev blog about it, but essentially it will be both an in-game quest as well as an item that can be bought from the shop once a week per account.

The next patch will provide a free respec similar to "re-state of emergency" but only lasting for two days.
0 0
Score : 5900

I'm not sure why you insist on Solo since partying is so beneficial, but alright. You asked for advice, not a life lesson.

Like Hate said, Cras is the best choice for what you listed, but you don't want to be one.

Soloing, good damage, PvE focus only, can end fights quickly.

Well, that removes Feca, Eni, Fogger, Sadi.
Most Xelor, Eca, Osa, Enu specs won't work either, though dragon osa would be fine, or Earth Enu.

We've got Cra, Iop, Rogue, Sram, Panda left.

Pandas have mediocre damage unless you're Fire or Earth. Rogue would have just Earth fit all those criteria. Sram has some fiddling around with their doubles. Iop is not very tactical most of the time.

0 0
Score : 3358
Icekin|2013-01-19 19:09:25
I'm not sure why you insist on Solo since partying is so beneficial, but alright. You asked for advice, not a life lesson.

Like Hate said, Cras is the best choice for what you listed, but you don't want to be one.

Most Xelor, Eca, Osa, Enu specs won't work either, though dragon osa would be fine, or Earth Enu.

Pandas have mediocre damage unless you're Fire or Earth. Rogue would have just Earth fit all those criteria. Sram has some fiddling around with their doubles. Iop is not very tactical most of the time.
Foggernauts, a new addition to the game and guess what they have a element no one else has, stasis.
No one can block it no resists to it. lv 100 spell in stasis is max damage meaning you can wear whatever kind of set you want for whatever kind of setup. You have a trusty robot to help killing things, rail so kite, salvage for mediocre but meh for PvM healing, you have a long range shooter mode. Everything
0 0
Score : 1162

lol, alright, few misunderstandings.

Plan to go mainly solo with this char (reason being most of my friends have quit, not extremely sociable, so finding new friends may take a while)

i didnt mean reroll as in statwise etc, i meant in the form of New everything period. I am aware of the redistributes that are on the way. I just want to re familiarize my self with everything.

You said Eca, One of my old mains was an earth eca.

What type of eca would you say is best in pvm, and explain please?

I think i would like to try Water or Fire.

I guess i would be most interested in Eca, or Panda.

Pro's/Con's? With thier elements?

0 0
Score : 7381

I'd say roll an eni, they are tanks, healers, and a damage class. I can heal or do like 1000 damage a turn.

0 0
Score : 5900
MightyKrang|2013-01-19 19:45:12

Foggernauts, a new addition to the game and guess what they have a element no one else has, stasis.
No one can block it no resists to it. lv 100 spell in stasis is max damage meaning you can wear whatever kind of set you want for whatever kind of setup. You have a trusty robot to help killing things, rail so kite, salvage for mediocre but meh for PvM healing, you have a long range shooter mode. Everything

Foggernauts are garbage.

Eca: I've only seen earth ones, and they seem to be the best. Luckily that build is no longer just ALL IN DOUBLE OF QUITS LEL. Pretty cool class.

Panda: Currently one of the best party classes in the game, great for soloing or partying, key in half the UBs. Fire for real soviet damage and ultimate UB viability, Earth for being a selfish drunk that hits hard then sleeps all day, water for being a unique snowflake.
0 0
Icekin|2013-01-19 21:55:53
MightyKrang|2013-01-19 19:45:12

Foggernauts are garbage.

Eca: I've only seen earth ones, and they seem to be the best. Luckily that build is no longer just ALL IN DOUBLE OF QUITS LEL. Pretty cool class.

Panda: Currently one of the best party classes in the game, great for soloing or partying, key in half the UBs. Fire for real soviet damage and ultimate UB viability, Earth for being a selfish drunk that hits hard then sleeps all day, water for being a unique snowflake.
Earth Iops are Garbage
JK

But ya currently fire or water panda is the way to go as water lowers resists but damn does fire hit hard
0 0
Score : 18195
^this

:/ idk what's so wrong with Cras...
0 0
Score : 735

I would like to say that if you're soloing, fire osa is actually pretty good.
Sure, it takes a little prep, but my osa now at lv 49 and 8ap/4mp can get into the fight quickly. Summoning costs 3ap/1wp, but then i still have 5ap to use whip (from the air tree) for damage bonus to my summon or croak to give my summon +1(sometimes 2)mp. With a mobile or high damage summon you're getting into the fight quickly and powerfully.
Fire osas need lots of strategy, like when you need to possess your summon to control it effectively, where to summon your creature, what buffs to give it, and which summon you want to use.
They're pretty versatile because of the variety of summons you can use, ranging from mobile but low damage tofus to locking-stunning gobball warchiefs from a very early level. As you progress in level there are more summons to choose from, some of the higher level ones being whisperers, which can heal and push, or whispered cracklers that have both strong, single-target smashing power and long-range aoe shooting power. Not to mention the fire spells have a cross aor so when you buff your summon you can also hit your enemy for pretty good damage.
So not only can you hit pretty hard with your own spells, you can create your very own party with creatures you summon, depending on the situation you can have healers, lockers, pushers, or a mix of anything really!

0 0
Score : 8302
PeppermintTwist|2013-01-20 06:16:52

So not only can you hit pretty hard with your own spells, you can create your very own party with creatures you summon,

You can't really create a "party" of summons because of the level limit. The level of osamodas's summons on the field can't be over his own level. And using a bunch of lower level summons is just weaker overall compared to using 1 high level one.
0 0
Score : 6390
Icekin|2013-01-19 21:55:53
I just cracked up at the earth part. XD
0 0
Score : 111
PeppermintTwist|2013-01-20 06:16:52
I would like to say that if you're soloing, fire osa is actually pretty good.
Sure, it takes a little prep, but my osa now at lv 49 and 8ap/4mp can get into the fight quickly.

fire osa is pretty bad, well, really bad at high-end because the pets don't scale with your gear. It's great for soloing, this is true, but get ready to respec to air at 105 because summons-based osa is pretty weak at that point.

I did the same thing; it was really fun leveling but, well, you'll see. After you get end-game improvements to your gear don't really boost your dps (because you're so reliant on your pets), and since pets don't level or scale with your gear it ends up being pretty weak. Summons damage gear is very limited and it's kind of a weird, broken stat.

they really need to either make pets level up, or grant pets some kind of a damage bonus based on your gear. because pets don't scale whatsoever and it really kills summons-based osas end game.

the whisper pets are okay, imo the level 100 crackler one is my favorite, followed by the 95 healer whisperer and the 90 crossbow whisperer. All of the whisper pets are decent, they have a lot of resistances and health and are pretty solid defensively, but honestly their damage is mediocre once you get 105. Unfortunately, the pet AI is HORRIBLE, especially with the whispers. Even the infantry / tank whisper likes to run around all over the place instead of tanking stuff. You pretty much HAVE to possess your summons to make sure it doesn't run off across 20 bad tiles and screw everything up.

as for your personal damage, as a fire based osa it's not that great.. The only time a fire osa does decent damage is when you do a crit boohowl on your pet that happens to hit some enemies at the same time (and then of course possess your summon because the AI is incompetent and it'll probably just get locked if you dont)

Seriously though, I can't stress how awful the summons AI is, especially end game. They never seem to want to kill stuff; if something is almost dead they'll just run off and attack something else. They get locked all the time when they should have just attacked. When you get to places like sadida / lunar dungeon, or fighting whispers, there are tiles on the map that provide the enemy benefits when anything runs over them. And your pet LOVES to run over them. The summons AI is really really bad. You pretty much have to do posession every turn, and possession comes with a 2ap cost and -20% resist, which hurts.

Fortunately hte respec patch is coming out soon and I have a full set of air gear waiting to swap over to air dragon :3
0 0
Score : 611

I'm going to pitch rogue-

Fire rogues can destroy massive groups quickly and efficiently once you learn how to tactically use bombs and firewalls. You can fairly easily solo dungeons at your level when other classes rely on groups to do the same. Anyone who disagrees just hasn't seen a good firewall rogue.

If you don't quite feel the tactical bombing route, their air branch gives good melee damage (with mp and wp only moves for spamming damage).

Earth rogues have very strong single target ranged damage that is useful from early to endgame. Gives your some flexibility when the aoe/friendly fire from bombs/firewalls won't get the job done.

Want more? You can fairly easily build you rogue using all three of these elements for versatile and entertaining game play that let's you play based on your mood. In my opinion each branch only has one or two spells that really shine so you can spread experience across all three branches without much of a downside. My rogue solo'd gobbal dung in the mid 20s, Cloudy in it's 40s and the 45/50 dungeons in his 50s. Few other classes can match that sort of solo power while leveling up. You'll even see people at max level struggle with some of those dungeons in the 45/50s. Not with a fire rogue.

Icekin's other suggestions are pretty good too. For soloing water sram's are pretty beastly with their lifesteal move so you can kill and kill with little downtime but their other mechanics give you some tactical flexibility when you're in a jam. Air and fire branches are a little more damage focused but all three branches are mostly single targets damage. Air and fire will give you a little more downtime between fights when you take damage.

Pandas and Iops have good map control and damage both aoe and single target. They're both a little tankier but that also means they tend to take a little more damage in fights (unless you do some slow kiting strategies). You'll tend to have longer fights or more downtime between them when soloing

Ecaflips are mid-range mostly single target damage dealers with *luck* based moves. Earth and fire are the damage focused branches while water is a little more solo focused with some lifesteal skills but much much lower damage.

Rogue and water sram are some of the better soloers imo. The other classes mentioned tend to be more powerful in groups where their weaknesses can be covered and their specialties can shine..

0 0
Score : 21628

if you cant be a cra, fire xelor is the next best thing for range and AoE which is what makes fr good soloing.

after that fire sac and fire iop are both very convenient, high dpt, soloers. albeit melee.

earth enu is good too, though the AoE options are limited.

0 0
Score : 1162

Fire wall Rogues Interest me.. Could some one explain exactly how this takes par?

In Dofus I loved the sram for traps, I got some daggers/great earth gear/scrolled strength to 101, and was a level 42 that hit over 200 a turn. " Using Elory eutwan daggers or something, cannot remember. But this was back in 2007-10.

But if some one could explain more about firewall Rogues?

> What set up is like
> How many Turns to create fire wall
> How they are Start game / Mid Game / End game with damage
> Would i need to Spec Ap or Mp

Right now i am Trying out Stasis Fogger, Damage is Mediocre atm. only level 15 however. ( but using all char comparison )

0 0

stasis has a weird spell growth where the spell damage almost doubles from lvs 70-100 so for spells you want to lv 100s and the rest 20

0 0
Score : 13
HateSpawn|2013-01-19 18:45:20
>Usually Solo >Like to Help others with leveling/Dungeons >Like to be Mid to Best Dpt in fight "Considering every one has near simular stats from gear" >Like for fights to not last 15 turns for something simple >Like to Prep quickly then Head into the fight Tactically >Never really plan to need to be PVP orriented, Focus is Only PVM

Lists everything a cra is

>Never will be a Cra
-___-;....

Try an Ecaflip, they're like, the bad Cras.
I think a Panda is more Cra than a Eca :/
0 0
Score : 21628

really for solo work you simply want good aoes. if you also want range and decent damage first off you're going to be playing a fire toon. second xelor and panda are pretty much it for range. iop and sac for melee. fire fogger is decent as well, in that its got a lot of defensive specialties and a good fire branch, mobility and a pet. (if you level one stasis spell you can load it up)

CroatsWarning|2013-01-22 01:01:01
Fire wall Rogues Interest me.. Could some one explain exactly how this takes par?

In Dofus I loved the sram for traps, I got some daggers/great earth gear/scrolled strength to 101, and was a level 42 that hit over 200 a turn. " Using Elory eutwan daggers or something, cannot remember. But this was back in 2007-10.

But if some one could explain more about firewall Rogues?

> What set up is like
> How many Turns to create fire wall
> How they are Start game / Mid Game / End game with damage
> Would i need to Spec Ap or Mp

Right now i am Trying out Stasis Fogger, Damage is Mediocre atm. only level 15 however. ( but using all char comparison )
for a fire wall you need 3 mechanics. bombs have to be placed linearly no more than 1 square apart.

so xxx or x0x0x or a corner angle, etc. and 1 square around each of them becomes, essentially a feca-like damage glyph. I think at least one of thebombs has to be burning, the others can be blinding.

you have a specialty that can teleport an enemy randomly through your firewall and make them walk back. they start the game slowly because no firewall, midgame they can handle melee monsters decently, end game they are stronger but notrequired for ubs
0 0
Respond to this thread