FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Future of Nox

By IYesWayI October 04, 2012, 12:22:04

Hello Everyone,

I have never seen this server with lower population then it has now. Despite having more content and being more balanced then it has ever been, the Nox Server of Wakfu is obviously on the brink of death. Probably from the worst customer service and marketing I have EVER seen in a company, but this question is not the purpose of this thread.

What I ask is if we will not only be able to transfer to Remington, but also be able to transfer our gear and characters with no loss. Of course this is a lot to ask of ankama since they have no way of sending lost gear back to players other then through admins making the gear and handing it off. Still, I think it is an important question. Is this ability currently being worked on? without the full transfer of gear and characters Ankama is going to, without a doubt, lose ever last player on the Nox server. I for one will not continue to play a game that I put countless hours into, paid real money for, and dealt with all the bs only to have my account wiped.

Undoubtably this thread will be made invisible, locked, or in some manner hijacked by SE-Derek or another SE representitive. I really see no ***ing reason for this however. It is pretty damn clear to the hundred or so subcribers left on this server that Nox is dying. I would honestly be surprised if they let it stay up past the end of the current subscription month. Who are you kidding SE? Just give us some god damn answers so we can stop wasting our time.

tl;dr
1) When will the server shut down?
2) Will there be a method to transfer servers?
3) Will we receive all of our inventory items upon server transfer?

Please think about how rediculous it is to hide these things at this point before you make this thread invisible.

-YesWay

3 0
Reactions 46
Score : 12924

Transfer to where? Remington server is just as bad. SE decides, and they haven't decided to shut the servers down. Until they do so there's no reason to ask.

What we should be asking is for ankama to not remove everything from the game and change things for the worse. And to also not take a year to revamp classes.

That or you can unsubscribe.

0 0
Score : 13925

I agree with the OP. I'm not going to list the reasons why people are leaving, it's been said before.

Wakfu was the first turn based MMO I've played and had high hopes for. Ankama or SE should be able to see what's happening to their game. I cancelled my three account a month ago. These accounts still have 2-5 months of play time on each. Does Ankama count these as lost revenue or a current subscriber.

For all the people still enjoying Wakfu I hope YesWay's questions are answered. The possibility of more active players will help the game.

I've moved on to FFXIV to do some light crafting while I wait for 2.0. I'm loving the crafting and materia mechanic. It may not be the most polished MMO on the market but the Devs don't break my character every 5 mins. It also lets me play all classes on one character and respec whenever I want.

That should help this thread disappear.

0 0
Score : 6390

It's sad because it's true sad 

0 0
Score : 584

I don't think that will be possible, due to contracts etc. I play on remington and have a free account to poke around on nox, and I'd estimate the population is about 4x the size, but still nowhere near french pop. Remington could get just as bad...

0 0
Score : 3209

It will most likely become F2P with P2win cash shop before it shutsdown.

0 0
Score : 3468
Starbux|2012-10-04 17:25:02
It will most likely become F2P with P2win cash shop before it shutsdown.
The Boutique prices are too high for it to sustainably keep the server open just on a cash shop model. People pay now and then, get very little for their money - and realize that all the stuff in the cs is useless/takes space we don't have, etc. And don't donate again. Even for P2W, so few people will be around to afford it that it will flop anyway.
0 0
Score : 1566

I agree with Yesway.... The current pop makes me feel like I should just quit for a while and come back in a year or so to see if things will get better. :/ Or just log in for the Almanax quests... I don't want to waste even more of my time if this game is shut down (but since I don't know I still find it safer to do the Almanax quests XD).

0 0
Score : 2382

For some reason when I first started playing this game, I tried to make an account on "Remington" but it wouldn't let me. I figured I'd join the international since on Dofus I was on Rushu, which was an international server. So basically I was forced to choose Nox for some reason.

0 0
Score : 17583

Can't remember who, possibly Mango, always said that Ankama has a way of transferring our accounts, gear, characters, professions, and all, to another server. Just a matter of time OP.

Also; if you think the population is low now, you should've seen it from Vamp patch (1.2?) to Trool fair patch (1.5?). Was grossly under popped. Then again, you wouldn't know much about that considering you saw the spell changes then quit (much like a ton of our population.)

not trying to argue here though, Yesway. Server merging would be lovely, Be all like: yo, brb getting a well populated guild and getting some *** done. Farmin da setz.

Tl;dr, everything the OP said.

0 0
Score : 146

Post removed by moderator.

0 0
Score : 3304

This is the slow season in my opinion, since the fall semester is underway, and well most people have school work to attend to. This could be one reason, since most of my In-Game friends mentioned they would be leaving when college starts. I am assuming College is one reason the population is down, for I don't log on as much as I would like to, because of all the reading and papers my professors assign. Of course there could be other factors.

0 0
Score : 8044

Thanks for all the feedback so far guys.

I really would like a response from an SE-Mod answering my questions.

another good question might be, how long is SE's contract with ankama? Its hard to believe they would make a contract for less than a year, but we can only hope.

0 0
Score : 256

Can you honestly blame the population for being so low though? You say there is tons of content and balance is better than ever, I would argue otherwise. Content and balance has always been the plague of Wakfu.

Whispering Island will suffer the same fate as Forfut, where after a couple of weeks it holds no value except to crafters who need the mats or to people who are hunting a possible legendary drop. All content in Wakfu has followed this format because there is no content worth repeating after a certain point. PvP is obsolete, war is pointless, CP has no value, Outlaw system is complete trash, Kama holds no value. After someone reaches 105 maxes out spell exp, and obtains adequate equipment, they reach the " AFK in 5th Bond Syndrome" because there is no way to further progress their character or see how well they have scaled. Even if someone has grinded perfectly and built their character to the maximum potential you'd be blind to say their class selection has no impact on how they do in PvP. So tell me, what goals can one individual set for himself? You could say well you haven't touched any profession. Which is a valid argument but with the current state of our server, I would much rather help people in high 80's, low 90's max our there professions instead of working on my own since it would be more productive and have a better end result for the server. I would love for a server hosted weekly tournament with rewards for winners to cash in for prizes. Interesting meaningful quests. More dungeons not so for the reward but actual PvE content which requires thinking and specific comps to complete. Kama sinks such as housing communities, decorations, mounts, guild conquerable islands. However I doubt Ankama is implementing these anytime soon.

The balance in Wakfu is A LOT better currently than before but it is still in an extremely poor place. Eni's are still on top of the mountain. 6v6's can take up to hours with Eni + Sacriers. 1v1's are at a decent place if you exclude Eni's and Sacriers. I still think it's laughable how they can call this game anywhere near balanced when you can tell who's going to win a PvP before it starts based purely on the class. How can this game be called balance when such a huge portion of this game is equipment based and Ankama can't even release equipment in a balanced state. For the longest time Black Crow set made almost any air class overpowered solely because the stats it provided were that good. Moowolf was a joke compared to Black Crow, and water classes didn't even have a WB/UB Set until they finally added in Gobbsage a couple months later. How is it fair to the other elements that they have to wait months on month for Anakama to realize in a game where class and equipment have such a huge impact that gear should be released equivalently. Magmog is the fire equivalent of BC set yet it is released 5 months after Black Crow. If Ankama can't even release equipment in a matter that is balanced for all 4 elements I have serious doubts about them balancing the game as a whole.

I would love to see a larger population and more interaction within the community.However, I honestly can't argue that this game is worth it. Some of the people on this game may be worth it but the game itself isn't imo. I log on mostly to just socialize for the most part. Looking at dofus and comparing it to Wakfu shows that this game has great potential. It' just going to be a hell of a wait until we get there though.

1 0
Score : 12924
KennithTee|2012-10-04 18:51:19
Can you honestly blame the population for being so low though? You say there is tons of content and balance is better than ever, I would argue otherwise. Content and balance has always been the plague of Wakfu.

Whispering Island will suffer the same fate as Forfut, where after a couple of weeks it holds no value except to crafters who need the mats or to people who are hunting a possible legendary drop. All content in Wakfu has followed this format because there is no content worth repeating after a certain point. PvP is obsolete, war is pointless, CP has no value, Outlaw system is complete trash, Kama holds no value. After someone reaches 105 maxes out spell exp, and obtains adequate equipment, they reach the " AFK in 5th Bond Syndrome" because there is no way to further progress their character or see how well they have scaled. Even if someone has grinded perfectly and built their character to the maximum potential you'd be blind to say their class selection has no impact on how they do in PvP. So tell me, what goals can one individual set for himself? You could say well you haven't touched any profession. Which is a valid argument but with the current state of our server, I would much rather help people in high 80's, low 90's max our there professions instead of working on my own since it would be more productive and have a better end result for the server. I would love for a server hosted weekly tournament with rewards for winners to cash in for prizes. Interesting meaningful quests. More dungeons not so for the reward but actual PvE content which requires thinking and specific comps to complete. Kama sinks such as housing communities, decorations, mounts, guild conquerable islands. However I doubt Ankama is implementing these anytime soon.

The balance in Wakfu is A LOT better currently than before but it is still in an extremely poor place. Eni's are still on top of the mountain. 6v6's can take up to hours with Eni + Sacriers. 1v1's are at a decent place if you exclude Eni's and Sacriers. I still think it's laughable how they can call this game anywhere near balanced when you can tell who's going to win a PvP before it starts based purely on the class. How can this game be called balance when such a huge portion of this game is equipment based and Ankama can't even release equipment in a balanced state. For the longest time Black Crow set made almost any air class overpowered solely because the stats it provided were that good. Moowolf was a joke compared to Black Crow, and water classes didn't even have a WB/UB Set until they finally added in Gobbsage a couple months later. How is it fair to the other elements that they have to wait months on month for Anakama to realize in a game where class and equipment have such a huge impact that gear should be released equivalently. Magmog is the fire equivalent of BC set yet it is released 5 months after Black Crow. If Ankama can't even release equipment in a matter that is balanced for all 4 elements I have serious doubts about them balancing the game as a whole.

I would love to see a larger population and more interaction within the community.However, I honestly can't argue that this game is worth it. Some of the people on this game may be worth it but the game itself isn't imo. I log on mostly to just socialize for the most part. Looking at dofus and comparing it to Wakfu shows that this game has great potential. It' just going to be a hell of a wait until we get there though.
Kennithtree is right on everything.

Wanting a server to grow without content and bad decisions is wishing for the impossible. Even if we're merged don't you think more than half of those people will just quit? I know I would.
0 0
Score : 860
Neneko88|2012-10-04 20:07:18
KennithTee|2012-10-04 18:51:19

Kennithtree is right on everything.

Wanting a server to grow without content and bad decisions is wishing for the impossible. Even if we're merged don't you think more than half of those people will just quit? I know I would.
Hey, you know who else waited for *** to happen without taking any action whatsoever? Cinderella!

Fun fact, fairy godmothers don't exist, so her solution will not work for us.
0 0
Score : 2765

Right on the money. I feel like the only ones left are those who got suckered into a year sub, and some 1 monthers.

Wakfu on paper is a great game, some clever developers will see it, clone it, make it not suck and rake in the $$$.

0 0
Score : 6468

Those of you who haven't played Wakfu when the contestable/conquerable islands were around, really haven't played Wakfu yet. This game is at it's best in large PvP battles of the nation vs nation kind.

Lord's Pasture Gobsage, while never a difficult CM to beat used to provide unique gobs to the controlling nations wild praires. These Unique gobs would drop items like the Celestial Brooch, making control of the island and MUST HAVE for any would be governor. Also there was Bilbiza where one could enter the Jelly Dimension to fight Jellies for a chance to drop the Gelano. A ring that gave +1 AP.

For whatever reasons the Devs decided to take the islands out of the game and alter many game mechanics to make the game a little less PvP focused IMO. Also nations are not as important as they once were now that trees and plants can be planted anywhere around the world of twelve as opposed to having to make treaties and allies with nations if you wanted to gather resources for crafting.

I'm hoping that the Haven Worlds/ Guild Wars & Outlaw/Guards revamp bring some of this spark back to the game.

I only hope there is a population around when they finally do.

0 0
Score : 2418

The question comes down to this: How much does it cost to keep Nox running?

The lower our players base is, the less dedicated investment there is to keep us running. The SE reps we see are very likely not assigned to Wakfu exclusively, so their livelihood is not wholly dependent on the success or failure of this game, but rather all the games SE hosts and manages.

How many man hours a week are used to keep us active?

The lower our populations the lower the strain we place on the servers and the less we cost in equipment resources.

We also don't know the terms and duration of the contract that SE has with Ankama.

Does anyone have statistics on the health of the French server?

0 0
Score : 140
Whispering Island will suffer the same fate as Forfut, where after a couple of weeks it holds no value except to crafters who need the mats or to people who are hunting a possible legendary drop.

This I'm not so sure about.
Nobody grinded Forfut because the fights were brainless and boring, the gear drops only appealed to one spec, and the exp was not worth it at all.

None of these apply to Whispering.
0 0
Respond to this thread