FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

I see all of these QQ threads...

By picklepoo April 30, 2012, 17:50:04

...but when I open them up to read them, all I see is "WAH WAH WAH"

Wakfu has a lot of problems. But I have a very, very simple solution if you dislike the game so much that you feel you have to post non-constructive criticism for it. Stop playing. If a game ceases to be fun anymore, then move on.

It's not like Ankama is a bunch of stupid idiots who don't know how to make or balance a game. Sure, they make mistakes and can do some things better, but everything they do is for a reason. Whether you can see it or not, the decisions they make are usually a lot more well informed than you may think. Remember, they're the ones who built the game from the ground up. And unless you are a game developer and know Ankama's business practices inside and out, you have little room to criticize their priorities and game decisions. I'm sure that Ankama at least reads and takes note of most of the suggestions we post-- threads like "this game sucks" or "this is broken fix it QQ wah wah" don't really do anything for anyone, besides maybe the immature teenager who needs to get out his angst for hating Wakfu and life. Threads that ARE helpful are ones that point out ways Ankama can make the game better, ways in which the game is falling short and possible ways to fix this. "PVP SUX" in the thread title and nothing else doesn't cut it.

So next time you think about making a QQ post about Wakfu sux this and QQ that, just stop and think a moment... just say no. And go away. Forever. Wakfu and it's forums will be better off without you.

0 0
Reactions 15
Score : 984
picklepoo|2012-04-30 17:50:04

Wakfu has a lot of problems. But I have a very, very simple solution if you dislike the game so much that you feel you have to post non-constructive criticism for it. Stop playing. If a game ceases to be fun anymore, then move on.

It's not like Ankama is a bunch of stupid idiots who don't know how to make or balance a game. Sure, they make mistakes and can do some things better, but everything they do is for a reason. Whether you can see it or not, the decisions they make are usually a lot more well informed than you may think. Remember, they're the ones who built the game from the ground up. And unless you are a game developer and know Ankama's business practices inside and out, you have little room to criticize their priorities and game decisions. I'm sure that Ankama at least reads and takes note of most of the suggestions we post-- threads like "this game sucks" or "this is broken fix it QQ wah wah" don't really do anything for anyone, besides maybe the immature teenager who needs to get out his angst for hating Wakfu and life. Threads that ARE helpful are ones that point out ways Ankama can make the game better, ways in which the game is falling short and possible ways to fix this. "PVP SUX" in the thread title and nothing else doesn't cut it.

So next time you think about making a QQ post about Wakfu sux this and QQ that, just stop and think a moment... just say no. And go away. Forever. Wakfu and it's forums will be better off without you.

On point number one that I bolded: I hope you're right.

On point number two: First off, you tell us we can't criticize because we don't know their practices inside and out. Do you? If not then your own point is nullified by your previous logic. Secondly, Ankama is notorious for not really listening to the NA/EN community in general and catering to the FR community's needs (which makes sense from a business standpoint).

Your QQ thread about people who QQ is kind of sad and unnecessary and as much as you'd like to think that "we don't need people who QQ" we do.

From a business standpoint a majority of dissatisfied customers don't speak up. You know what they do? They talk with their wallet and go somewhere else. You know what happens to games with no customers? They shut down. Thanks for your anti-QQ zeal but the NA server can't afford to lose many more people at the rate it's going.
0 0
Score : 175

+1000 tongue 
0 0
Score : 787
Zeveros|2012-04-30 18:12:07

On point number one that I bolded: I hope you're right.

On point number two: First off, you tell us we can't criticize because we don't know their practices inside and out. Do you? If not then your own point is nullified by your previous logic. Secondly, Ankama is notorious for not really listening to the NA/EN community in general and catering to the FR community's needs (which makes sense from a business standpoint).

Your QQ thread about people who QQ is kind of sad and unnecessary and as much as you'd like to think that "we don't need people who QQ" we do.

From a business standpoint a majority of dissatisfied customers don't speak up. You know what they do? They talk with their wallet and go somewhere else. You know what happens to games with no customers? They shut down. Thanks for your anti-QQ zeal but the NA server can't afford to lose many more people at the rate it's going.

+1000 tongue I play early in the morning. It's normal for me to go to Monk Island find no one, and go to Wild Gobs (Sufokia) and find no (Besides that one guy that four boxes by himself) and end up soloing there and picking people up as the day goes on.

I imagine it's different for other nations (Or hope). But it really does seem like this game should be doing what it can to attract and keep it's current players. Not isolate them and tell them to leave.
0 0
Score : 377

I could tell the people in my guild to QQ more but they're already gone, lol.

Why are they gone? Hmm, maybe it could be the people "QQ"ing in the forum are giving their last words on this broken, very low rated game? They play, they get bored, they say why they stop playing and they leave.

Very simple. Harassing them for expressing their frustrations isn't going to do anything, just shows a lack of class.

0 0
Score : 759

Give it time OP, eventually people will give up and play something else and you and the dregs of the community can play together in peace. If they don't shut the server down that is.

0 -1
Score : 1060

See, this is why you should never attempt a career in game development, or anything regarding customer relations. In case you're wondering why, think about this: what is a MMO game without its community? And what are you doing? Alienating the part of the community that is far larger than you think it is. You sound like someone who's desperate to see his/her pixel addiction as something that doesn't so much resemble wasted potential.

I'll give you some credit where it's due, though, as I agree with you that their decisions are more well-informed than we may initially presume them to be. However, it's mainly to the extent of what decisions make them more money, in the grand scheme of things. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing inherently wrong with that, but when the desire to push grind-longevity rises to the level of making it blatantly repetitive (as in it quickly devolves to a mindless hack and slash with absolutely no skill or finesse required) and they don't care that doing so shamelessly contradicts the genre it attempts to resemble, it's safer to speculate that their motivation is purely profit-centric than simply be sure that they're trying to polish their game for our benefit, without any basis whatsoever.

Sure, there are stupid and whiny posts out there, but don't let them cloud out the legitimate criticism that can be found all across the forums. In one of the negative reviews I read of the site lolAmakna keeps posting, a user by the name of takewithfood said, "There are bugs in this game that have festered for so long that they've actually celebrated birthdays." That post was made not even a month ago, and the development of this game spans 5 years or more. If you think Ankama's reputation can be saved by blind faith, alone, then continue being a part of the blissfully ignorant. For such a company to peddle such an unpolished product on us and ask for a payment, however big or small, is principally stupid, insulting, and unethical.
1 0
Score : 498

Is this a QQ thread about QQ threads filled with QQ posts about the game development? QQCEPTION.

0 0
Score : 66
See, this is why you should never attempt a career in game development, or anything regarding customer relations. In case you're wondering why, think about this: what is a MMO game without its community? And what are you doing? Alienating the part of the community that is far larger than you think it is. You sound like someone who's desperate to see his/her pixel addiction as something that doesn't so much resemble wasted potential. Add Quote Here
If I worked for Ankama, I obviously wouldn't make a post like this. I'm well aware of basic business practice, and am also well aware of what a customer base is. Why would I care about how large a particular customer base is? WoW's is huge, and Blizzard is incredibly successful, yet as a community is largely immature and unappealing, which is fine since guilds and servers shrink it down to where you can find reasonable people. In Wakfu, where the game is largely based on community, I would WANT to alienate people who perpetuate non-constructive criticism, regardless of whether or not it's financially good for Ankama, because these are the people who usually are unenjoyable to play with in-game as well.

Don't get me wrong, there's nothing inherently wrong with that, but when the desire to push grind-longevity rises to the level of making it blatantly repetitive (as in it quickly devolves to a mindless hack and slash with absolutely no skill or finesse required) and they don't care that doing so shamelessly contradicts the genre it attempts to resemble, it's safer to speculate that their motivation is purely profit-centric than simply be sure that they're trying to polish their game for our benefit, without any basis whatsoever. Add Quote Here

You act as if repetition and grinding were a new concept in MMOs. Give me an MMO that doesn't involve these things, and I'll show you why you're a liar.

Sure, there are stupid and whiny posts out there, but don't let them cloud out the legitimate criticism that can be found all across the forums. In one of the negative reviews I read of the site lolAmakna keeps posting, a user by the name of takewithfood said, "There are bugs in this game that have festered for so long that they've actually celebrated birthdays." That post was made not even a month ago, and the development of this game spans 5 years or more. If you think Ankama's reputation can be saved by blind faith, alone, then continue being a part of the blissfully ignorant. For such a company to peddle such an unpolished product on us and ask for a payment, however big or small, is principally stupid, insulting, and unethical.Add Quote Here

You obviously misunderstood my post, or didn't read it all. I encourage constructive criticism, and I believe there is a lot of legitimate criticism out there. Wakfu has a lot of work to be done to it, and feedback is an integral part of that process. What I was criticizing is unconstructive posts that whine for the sake of whining. If you find something wrong, then post it in a respectable tone with possible suggestions.

Also, like I said, there's a solution to such an atrocious company peddling a bad/unfinished/whatever else game. Don't pay for it. I encourage you to do so.
0 0
Score : 2036
lolAmakna|2012-04-30 19:41:47
I could tell the people in my guild to QQ more but they're already gone, lol.

Why are they gone? Hmm, maybe it could be the people "QQ"ing in the forum are giving their last words on this broken, very low rated game? They play, they get bored, they say why they stop playing and they leave.

Very simple. Harassing them for expressing their frustrations isn't going to do anything, just shows a lack of class.

Exactly. Humans are creatures of emotion, good and bad. Let people experience and vent both lol.

It amazes me, how obsessed people are with the idea that "negativity always = bad." As Marlow says in his post: Sure, there are some wah wah posts out there... but don't disregard the legitimate criticizms. Even negative criticism can be constructive. But, of course, we gotta keep everything positive all the time, so....happyhappyhappyhappyhappyhappyhappy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's like Newspeak. Wakfu isn't bad, it's double plus ungood!
0 0
Score : 1359
lolAmakna|2012-04-30 19:41:47

I played wakfu in beta a year+ ago when PvP wasn't nearly as messed up, and I regret my decision to rate wakfu 10 on meta-critic before actually playing through the game. If I could I'd remove that review (made by SeptusCap obviously).

I'm usually willing to wait for devs to balance things out, but it's pretty damn clear the devs have no clue what made their pvp system good in the first place. They just have no idea, and I doubt they PvP themselves. They move in the wrong direction with every patch it seems, and I think they've simply given up on the PvP aspect -- they know they don't know what they're doing. Instead they're focusing on whatever addicts they have and feeding them pixel crack.
0 0
Score : 1060
picklepoo|2012-05-01 04:38:13
You act as if repetition and grinding were a new concept in MMOs. Give me an MMO that doesn't involve these things, and I'll show you why you're a liar.
Also, like I said, there's a solution to such an atrocious company peddling a bad/unfinished/whatever else game. Don't pay for it. I encourage you to do so.

I have nothing against grinding, when there's no confusion between the game's genre and its expectations. As a "Tactical MMORPG", the niche it supposedly tries to fill is one where the sort of grind it possesses doesn't simply do away with the necessity of planning and forethought. Instead, we just get the same old sort of mindless hack'n'slash grind with a gimmicky turn-based system.

The thing is, unlike a lot of the naysayers that want this game to tank into oblivion, I don't want to see this game fail. It's just really annoying when the actions of the developers are demonstrating to us that they care less about customer loyalty and more about squeezing as much money out of us as they possibly can with updates that don't necessarily push the game towards progress.
0 0
Score : -14

After YEARS of high hopes and anticipation, you cannot expect disappointed players to leave quietly. I think that people really wanted to love this game, that is why they are qq-ing. I don't see anything wrong with that.

0 0
Score : 527

People are upset because Wakfu has been nosediving, things that require immediate attention do not get fixed for months, and no punishment/compensations are given. I.e Infinite AP with fecas/Invincibility with sacs, those took ages to fix, and they could of easily fixed them in a day and rolled back to undo all the exploiting they caused.

The same goes for class balance, things that should not require giant flashing neon signs take forever for the developers to discover. (Cras.) This update isn't even touching half of the broken things relating to class balance. But it's a good start, i suspect many people left already, people on 1 month subs that is, so it may be too late.

Wakfu had potential, but it dropped the ball miserably. Since i have a year i'll stick around and see what happens, but i'm sorely dissatisfied with everything so far.

Obligatory QQ:

0 0
Score : 2846

Sigh. I would subscribe. But Ankama says my bank won't let me. And my bank says that it is Ankama that won't let me. I fiddle with my visa card permissions, I try different web browsers. I get nowhere. Wait 24 hours, wait a week, Bank says play another game. Ankama says get another credit card. Forum folk say use ogerines, but others are saying they pay for ogerines, but don't receive any. Some forum folk say use the french site and use paypal, but other people are saying that it won't let them switch regions and they still can't pay, or it won't let them switch back after they pay. Oh and people can't seem to cancel their subscriptions, something about a stop button that only appears sometimes... or does nothing when clicked.

Nerfs and buffs aside, I would think that being totally incapable of subscribing would turn quite a few people away. I kind of wonder how many forum lurkers had this problem? I say had, because I suspect that I am the only one crazy enough to stick around. I mean, I could easily take this as a sign that I am not meant to play this game. I could help the game out, I could contribute. If only I were allowed to subscribe...
They say that only 1% of a forum's population regularly posts. 10% posts occasionally, and 90% never, ever, post. So I represent 100 people. There are three new threads in the account support section with the can't subscribe topic, that brings it up to 400 people. There are at least six of these threads that died without satisfactory resolution so 400 - 1000 people can't subscribe due to clerical errors...

How many people stay in astrub past level 30?
How many people would keep playing the game if they were trapped in astrub at level thirty, for two months?
How many characters would you level to 30 before you quit playing?
Free to play players can't heal their gemlins, that is a lot of dead gemlins.

Edit: I finally managed to subscribe! Don't bother contacting your bank. They don't know or can't do much of anything. Call the customer service number on the back of your credit card. Talk to them and ask them to remove the fraud prevention block on France. Wait an hour or more so that it actually registers. (you should probably actually play wakfu while you are waiting. The forum mods think it is important, it can't hurt.) Use internet explorer as your browser, when you subscribe. It worked for me. Now mind you, if you tried to subscribe every other day for a week ankama may have put their own block against your card, so you will have to wait an entire week before trying to subscribe this way. When you succeed in subscribing you still see that same smiling sadda. At least he isn't being mean this time.

0 0
Score : 610

We spent hundreds of hours playing this game.

We spent real life money on this game.

WE HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO COMPLAIN ABOUT MASSIVE IMBALANCES IN THIS GAME!

Stop creating useless threads dude...

0 0
Respond to this thread