FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Supervisor for a week

By Thaltom April 26, 2012, 18:06:15

Due to series of events involving Robert Downey Jr. and thirty pounds of fireworks you are now supervising Ankama's development staff for seven days (pending a trial in Jamaica... don't ask).

You decide to make the devs work on ONE thing while you hold this supervisor position. ONE thing. Not, "Balance PVP!" That is way too broad. A better example would be, "Develop a new type of monster" or possibly, "Fix this certain bug that has been really annoying me." Assume that the devs will do/fix whatever it is you want with a 100% guaranteed chance of success.

Go.

0 0
Reactions 14
Score : 109

This is a really difficult topic because we're actually getting a bunch of new stuff in the update on 5/2 and not all of it has been revealed.

If I had to do one thing then I think it would be making Enutrof mines permanently visible to allies only after they have been placed with mine mover.

0 0
Score : 37361

He edited the title.

0 0
Score : 3474

Either make the CS costume items all insignia, or make them sit down for the week and fix all the sub issue bugs/add in a pay-pal option.

0 0
Score : 1687

Add a global LFG function with similar filters/look as the Market Board

i.e. The board shows a list of all character LFG, you can filter by level, class type, and type of group.
The type of groups people could select would include Experience, Dungeon, Quest, or All

0 0
Score : 2895

Fix experience gains so that players can play the other 99% of the game without being extremely penalized.

0 0
Score : 800

I would have them make male srams not look so horrible

0 0
Score : 189
Bringer|2012-04-27 00:47:35
I would have them make male srams not look so horrible
I rather like the assassins in pajamas look...
0 0
Score : 467

There are a whole bunch of threads that list changes and issues that people would like changed, make up something retarted and make a new thread.... sleep
Thaltom, go get some levels instead of instagating trolls on the forums..
pointlessthread.jpg

0 -1
Score : 3551

given I'm a sac, for the air spells' dodge buff to work

but after reading some posts, I'm hoping sadidas can get some attention

0 0
Score : 388

Spend the week learning how game development is really done.Find out the reason why the devs did things and not change a thing. If anythingactively work with the devs to keep the machine running smoothly. Anyone thathas actually been in game development or has had to fill in for a leadershiprole for a short time like one week knows that making changes would onlyharm the company and thus the game. Game development is lengthy and complicatedprocess with people working on a wide variety of tasks at one time. Tasks that theyknow far more about then you because it is their specialty and they have beendoing it a helluva lot longer then you have. If anything, the one thing that I wouldmake sure gets done is the weekly report to this actually "supervisor".In addition, a supervisor for the entire game in the game industry is called aproducer and a supervisor to a certain department is generally called either alead or a senior.

0 0
Score : 1570

Balance bonus difficulty between Nations (or balance Clan member wishes for certain areas). Sufokia's Air Bonus is super hard to keep up, Amakna's Earth bonus is really hard to keep up, Brakmar's Air Bonus is hard to keep up.... and Bonta's bonuses are all relatively easy to keep up (ranging from easy to moderate for Bonta, whereas all the other nations range from easy to very hard to keep up their bonuses).

0 0
Score : 183
Strifey|2012-04-26 22:21:14
Add a global LFG function with similar filters/look as the Market Board

i.e. The board shows a list of all character LFG, you can filter by level, class type, and type of group.
The type of groups people could select would include Experience, Dungeon, Quest, or All
Huge fan of this one. Using the Trade channel is a temporary fix for this, but yeah, an actual LFG channel is needed at least implement that. Follow it up with an LFG board and we are in business.

Mosey-|2012-04-26 22:16:06
Either make the CS costume items all insignia, or make them sit down for the week and fix all the sub issue bugs/add in a pay-pal option.
All of the payment issues are a hot topic so I can totally understand this one. Payment system works more reliably = more players. More players = easier to find groups, healthier economy, etc.

illRoy|2012-04-27 01:48:31
There are a whole bunch of threads that list changes and issues that people would like changed, make up something retarted and make a new thread.... sleep
Thaltom, go get some levels instead of instagating trolls on the forums..
pointlessthread.jpg
Didn't see where there was a minimum level to post.
I did not create a thread solely to post what I wanted to change. I wanted to see what people would change if they could be devs for a week. So far the only person bothered by my thread is you.
AuricaValentia|2012-04-26 23:41:11
Fix experience gains so that players can play the other 99% of the game without being extremely penalized.
How would you adjust experience gains? I'm not disagreeing with you, just want to know how you would have it done. More exp per mob? More exp bonus in groups? Both? None of the above?
0 0
Score : 800

All they have to do with exp is just make it stop actually going down when fighting things over a certain level.

Its fine to cap it at the current max obtainable exp per level, just dont have it go down. Im tired of just mindlessly killing stuff in places and losing out on exp because i accidentally kill things that are slightly too high level and suddenly i get half the exp i would have if the group i just killed had one less mob in it.

0 0
Score : 1716

For myself, as a Fire Sram, I would like them to change Hemo to fire damage.

For Zent and all other Osa's out there fix the class.

0 0
Respond to this thread