FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Anyone know why they changed the Sadida Kingdom?

By MiahTwilight - MEMBER - April 20, 2012, 19:52:02

So anyone know why they changed the Sadida Kingdom to the pathetic place it is now?

Saw the overhead map of the Bonta area on the Wakfu wiki, decided to visit since I'm a fan of the animation and thought it would be cool to see it. Instead I find it wasn't connected there anymore. After a little search found they moved it to a island, only to waste 20k to find a damn road to a dungeon and nothing more.

They decide it was to much work to move the old setup to a island? Frankly the Island is pathetic as hell.

0 0
Reactions 6
Score : 1521

What bugs me is that, like Kelba, detaching it from the mainland doesn't make any sense with the canon set up by the cartoon and comics.
It's been a while since I've seen the Sadida episodes of the show, but preeeeetty sure it's supposed to be attached. And in the Black Raven comic, Kabrok and Miranda cross a bridge to Kelba. And they even fight the bridge guards!

That kind of thing bugs me so much.

0 0
Score : 268

Well in a few Eps the Heroes look at the Sadida kingdom from across a river/lake/ocean and it looks like it is a island, or at the very least mostly surrounded by water (course this brings up the question how they get to it since they were walking, swim?). But they could have at least moved what they had to the island instead of reducing it to just a road.

0 0
Score : 1511
MiahTwilight|2012-04-20 20:38:00
Well in a few Eps the Heroes look at the Sadida kingdom from across a river/lake/ocean and it looks like it is a island, or at the very least mostly surrounded by water (course this brings up the question how they get to it since they were walking, swim?). But they could have at least moved what they had to the island instead of reducing it to just a road.
It used to be accessible through Yurbut, a small strip of land connected them. So it would still look like an island. I really miss having Sadi Kingdom connected to Bonta. I do hope they change it back once there's more content.
0 0
Score : 377

I think it would be nice to add a village to the place as well. As it is, the Sadida Kingdom is only occupied by two guards, two servants and the queen. The rest is a bunch of rabid wolves lol.

0 0
Score : 1511
SeaWind|2012-04-20 22:31:04
I think it would be nice to add a village to the place as well. As it is, the Sadida Kingdom is only occupied by two guards, two servants and the queen. The rest is a bunch of rabid wolves lol.
The rest all got eaten, or scared off by the topless shaman ladies.
0 0
Score : 8302

I'm indifferent to these areas being islands or not. I'm not complaining because I really love fighting monsters, and I don't care at all where they are located as long as I get to fight them. Call me an iop head but that's how I feel.

But I'll admit that I liked the designs of Sadida Kingdom and Kelba in beta a lot better. At release the Sadida Forest just looks like a hallway (leading to a dungeon), and Kelba just looks like a flat green field.

You could tell with all the small things in the landscape that they put a lot more care in the design of these areas in their beta versions.

MiahTwilight|2012-04-20 20:38:00

I remember this too. It's in one of the first few episodes of season two I think. And that fits with Kingdom being an island. There's implication with the Bonta king being mentioned that Sadida Kingdom is part of Bonta. But the heroes never traveled to Sadida Kingdom FROM bonta. They always traveled there and left the Sadida Kingdom by Zaap. So I think it was left intentionally vague.

But this doesn't do anything to retcon the location of Kelba ( and Vampyro's village next patch). So the people talking about the cartoon being retconned have a point.
0 0
Respond to this thread