FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

It is now IMPOSSIBLE to renew your subscription without giving Squeenix your CREDIT CARD.

By Kietseu April 18, 2012, 16:02:50
Reactions 29
Score : 444
Kietseu|2012-04-18 19:46:39
One of the curious differences between Canada and the United States is that in Canada, you can pay for almost anything with debit. Credit is only really useful here for paying with money you don't have. smile

I understand that just about every member of this forum likes to try to find ways to feel like they're better than everyone, but every single member of my 13-person Wakfu group bought a preorder subscription through PayPal and are either unable to pay using direct credit, or unwilling to give their information to a company with a history of forgetting to add a cancel automatic monthly charges button.

Edit: And I hear you can't pay WITH a credit card at the moment. Don't worry though, Square Enix will get that fixed when they start noticing all the money went away.
Not sure where you're getting your information about the US, but Debit and Credit are taken almost everywhere in the US.
0 0
Score : 189

A lot of you haven't played ankama's other game (dofus), so you may not realize that this is actually a big deal. A few months back there was a MAJOR mass hacking that occurred that compromised not only account info, but personal info as well. When that occurred I was really glad that (as always) I decided to pay with paypal instead of using my credit card.

So yea, as much as I like this game, given their track record there's no way in hell I'm gonna pay directly with my credit card. I'll wait until they include paypal and/or ogrine payment options.

0 0
Score : 18193

But it goes back to the concept of getting a prepaid credit card from a convenience store. If it's that big of an issue (some of us ARE aware of the Dofus incidents..) and security is a risk you don't want to take, there are ways around it. Paypal mediates. Prepaid credit cards mediate. They are both easy to obtain. If you have a credit card, chances are you have a bank account, which means Paypal is easy to obtain. If you don't trust paypal, a prepaid credit card is the next best choice. Since Ankama doesn't take cash, money orders or cashier's checks, then you don't really have a choice. If you want to play the game... you either pay how they want you to pay, or you don't. And if you don't like the options, don't play. They will either fix it/change it to something else, or they won't.

There literally is no sense in crying about it, because you can't change it. They're aware of the issues they have. They're aware of the crying about it. They're aware of the discontentment about it. But you, as a purchasing player, do have options. If you choose not to take those options into consideration, that's your own problem.

edit:
and I dunno why everyone is in a tiff about paypal anyway... I pay with paypal, so... I know you can pay with paypal.. I don't get it...

Either way.. prepaid credit cards. Get them.

0 0
Score : 189
FeldePard|2012-04-25 07:52:46
But it goes back to the concept of getting a prepaid credit card from a convenience store. If it's that big of an issue (some of us ARE aware of the Dofus incidents..) and security is a risk you don't want to take, there are ways around it. Paypal mediates. Prepaid credit cards mediate. They are both easy to obtain. If you have a credit card, chances are you have a bank account, which means Paypal is easy to obtain. If you don't trust paypal, a prepaid credit card is the next best choice. Since Ankama doesn't take cash, money orders or cashier's checks, then you don't really have a choice. If you want to play the game... you either pay how they want you to pay, or you don't. And if you don't like the options, don't play. They will either fix it/change it to something else, or they won't.

There literally is no sense in crying about it, because you can't change it. They're aware of the issues they have. They're aware of the crying about it. They're aware of the discontentment about it. But you, as a purchasing player, do have options. If you choose not to take those options into consideration, that's your own problem.

edit:
and I dunno why everyone is in a tiff about paypal anyway... I pay with paypal, so... I know you can pay with paypal.. I don't get it...

Either way.. prepaid credit cards. Get them.

Haha no worries, I'm not complaining or anything. In the grand scope of things, not being able to subscribe to a game hardly matters at all. I just felt it was worth mentioning the dofus incident for those who were thinking about using their actual credit cards, since I felt that's kind of important to know. The fact that credit is the only current payment option means some people might actually sub in with their credit cards (and judging by the comments on this topic regarding not owning a credit card, some players may have already done so).

But anyway, personally, the paypal option isn't showing up on the site for me it seems. The only payment option showing up for now is via credit. Also, I did buy ogrines back when I was playing dofus, so kinda disappointed I can't use those. I was under the impression that they would be used to sub for all their games :/ But meh, I don't mind waiting until this gets resolved (I'm too cheap to pay the $5 fee for a prepaid credit card to use my own money XD).
0 0
Score : 296

Delightful, now they've gone and fixed yet another loophole to let people pay for a subscription with other methods.

For the record, in my experience, prepaid credit cards are... unreliable. Web payment systems often don't like them. At all. Anyone know which specific brands actually work for Wakfu?

0 0
Score : 10

lots of worker bees on here, being good little consumers

0 0
Score : 178
Scientiavore|2012-04-25 05:31:28
A lot of you haven't played ankama's other game (dofus), so you may not realize that this is actually a big deal. A few months back there was a MAJOR mass hacking that occurred that compromised not only account info, but personal info as well. When that occurred I was really glad that (as always) I decided to pay with paypal instead of using my credit card.

So yea, as much as I like this game, given their track record there's no way in hell I'm gonna pay directly with my credit card. I'll wait until they include paypal and/or ogrine payment options.
Speaking of that, I am not even sure what to do about it. I mean, ankama locked you out of your account so you can't login which made me very confused. Took a lot of searching to find some thread mentioning it. Not sure if I forgot my password, which I highly doubt since they are all the same, or I am just locked out.
0 0
Score : 377

The more companies have my credit card information, the safer I feel. I'm sure the masterminds behind hit titles like Wakfu and FFXIV have programmers that make their credit card handling and saving code just as flawless as their games.

0 0
Score : 979

The real issue is that Ankama is not accepting Paypal, which is a mistake. But also keep in mind that credit cards have the same fraud protections that Paypal has--you are not safer with Paypal. The safest thing really is to use a prepaid, but most companies, including Blizzard DO NOT accept prepaids.

0 0
Score : 1275

Actually a lot of companies does accept prepaid credit card, since they are all I use for anything relating to game purchases. The main reason some company may not accept prepaid credit card is due to the fact that they offer easily accessible game cards that can be purchase at many convenient stores, electronic stores, or game stores.

0 0
Respond to this thread