FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Effort which is not worthwhile...

By jugillo July 02, 2011, 03:09:47

Before i complain i just want to state that i know its a beta. that's obvious, its a work in progress and needs this stage in its development a huge amount to sort out the bugs for when the full game is out.

Firstly i just wanna say that the unexpected rollback was very irritating having lost about 4 hours gameplay and at this moment i have been kicked from the game and it says server down again... i don't know whats happening whether it was just a minor issue on my part or not but either way i don't see any point in playing this game anymore until the full game is out... i have had my experience and i have enjoyed it greatly and really cant wait for the full version! But thinking about it, if i played until the server wipe before the full game comes out i would be incredibly sad about losing everything i had gained and with that i would probably quit playing from thereon because i just cant be bothered to waste any more time on the game after wasting god knows how many hours aimlessly in the beta sleep

So just to narrow things down, i'm doing this for myself i guess and would advise others who like the game and do not wish to lose the feeling and fun from the game when they lose everything when the server wipe comes to slap you in the face. quit before you lose it all, and then play when its worth it! I'm sure you all, if you think about it, will see reason in my words. Unless of course you play the beta to solely find bugs and not just for the fact you find it fun... But who the hell does that? :blink:

0 0
Reactions 8
Score : 224

No need to quit, just move to Tiva.

To be honest, this is a little more than I signed up for, but unless the rollbacks become a regular occurence, I'll live with it. Unless all my friends change to Tiva.

0 0
Score : 290

Well it's true. The time you've spent to develop your character in the beta is wasted time. But Beta is more than just gaining player lvls. It's about being a part of the development. To see how the game changes. For example in closed beta the whole experience was completely different. The world had a different look the tutorial was.. well there was none =D and to participate in that state is just beautiful. The only real problem is, well maybe it's it's just me but, ankama is so not including the players especially the non french speaking community.

It's sink or swim, take it or leave it - the staff doesn't care anyway. Maybe it's not like that but I found nothing to proof me wrong. Playing an unfinished game but just for fun and not to be a part of the development is sad and makes setbacks and wipes as you said - a real burden.

0 0
Score : 52
Eleser|2011-07-02 03:17:16
No need to quit, just move to Tiva.

To be honest, this is a little more than I signed up for, but unless the rollbacks become a regular occurence, I'll live with it. Unless all my friends change to Tiva.

May i ask, what's the difference between tiva and remington? surely they are both gonna get wiped at some point right?
0 0
Score : 224

Sorry, I thought you were bothered more by the rollbacks than the final wipe. Tiva gets less of those.

As for the wipe, it's probably so far ahead we'll all make a number of alts by that time. And starting an alt is almost like a wipe smile

0 0
Score : 52
Eleser|2011-07-02 03:38:45
Sorry, I thought you were bothered more by the rollbacks than the final wipe. Tiva gets less of those.

As for the wipe, it's probably so far ahead we'll all make a number of alts by that time. And starting an alt is almost like a wipe smile
oh sorry, yes i see your confusion there wink
The main reason for the quit would be to save up all the good things i feel about wakfu for when the full game is released and i can appreciate the game fully smile 
0 0
Score : 1405
jugillo|2011-07-02 03:09:47

Unless of course you play the beta to solely find bugs and not just for the fact you find it fun... But who the hell does that? :blink:

Me?...Many others of us, all those in closed beta, all those that do it as a job.

Dont class yourself as a majority unless you know the stats. The fact is most people are aware what an open beta involves, and therefore these issues are not new or suprising. Its only the vocal minority that come on here that dont seem to understand this.

Dont get me wrong, i applaud your sense for stopping play, and i would heavily encourage others who only play for fun to stop now and wait. However we cant make them, as much as we would sometimes like to.

Sadly wakfu decided to go with the whole open beta thing instead of a prolonged larger closed beta where they sent out 5000+ invites, like other MMO's now choose to do, simply to prevent those that do not quite understand the risks from playing at all. Whats done is dont so its no point moaning about it now.

Tl;dr - Good luck, see you when the game is released. Bai!
1 0
Score : 50

hmm, I'll take jugs advice,
I'll go play something else till wakfu gets on its feet.

MARIO! here I come! OwO

0 0
Score : 747
Gobbos|2011-07-02 11:33:10
jugillo|2011-07-02 03:09:47

Unless of course you play the beta to solely find bugs and not just for the fact you find it fun... But who the hell does that? :blink:

Me?...Many others of us, all those in closed beta, all those that do it as a job.

Dont class yourself as a majority unless you know the stats. The fact is most people are aware what an open beta involves, and therefore these issues are not new or suprising. Its only the vocal minority that come on here that dont seem to understand this.

Dont get me wrong, i applaud your sense for stopping play, and i would heavily encourage others who only play for fun to stop now and wait. However we cant make them, as much as we would sometimes like to.

Sadly wakfu decided to go with the whole open beta thing instead of a prolonged larger closed beta where they sent out 5000+ invites, like other MMO's now choose to do, simply to prevent those that do not quite understand the risks from playing at all. Whats done is dont so its no point moaning about it now.

Tl;dr - Good luck, see you when the game is released. Bai!

The like button should be more visible.
0 0
Respond to this thread