FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

everyone become an air cra till they nerf them

By Sheiros March 28, 2012, 08:12:36
Reactions 43
Score : 985

For PvP they should just do as some other games do: give everyone effective damage reduction.

This is easy for them to do and would encourage more strategy. PvP would be way better if it was nearly impossible to 1-hit someone on the first turn. Being seriously injured/almost dead on first turn is fine. Not even getting a turn isn't.

Then everyone could stop QQing about OP air cra because if the fight didn't end in 2 turns the air cras would be out of WP and screwed. The main problem is you can't even tell how balanced the game is if everything dies on turn 1. Air cras get the most hate due to their range but an air iop can also destroy you in 1 turn once s/he reaches you and I'm sure many other high damage characters could do the same - just not at such a range and thus we all hate on Cras.

0 0
Score : 551
Sheiros|2012-03-28 08:39:27
tongue yeah thats the problem with these sorts of ideas. no one ever wants to boycot. everyone just likes to complain. but you'll all see. i'll organize and make a full party of air cras. and we'll pk people. we'll reside in bonta. its fitting with their type of hostility. we'll go from nation to nation, killing anyone in site, become outlaws and scorn the lands with the air cra's wrath. it'll be great
75 Air Cra at your service tongue 
0 0
Score : 2280

>Roll Sram
>Turn invisable
>Spawn invisable double
>Use scram for 12 MP
>Turn them around
>Backstab doing 250+ dmg
>Rince and repeat until Air cra is dead

God another Air Cra thread, this is new and original

Op seriously. Theres 5 diff classes that can take air cra.

0 0
Score : 2759

I multi-client. One of my characters is an Air Cra. Does that count?

I made her an Air Cra before I knew they were overpowered because I figured that Plaguing Arrow would go well with party tactics (especially when another char was an LoS blocking Sadida)

Instead, what actually ended up happening for most of my "party tactics" was "Get out of the air cra's way so she can just storm arrow everything to death."

0 0
Score : 2280

Iop and osa are two weak against cras. (The 2nd and 3rd most rolled class in the game...I wonder why theyre are so many complaint about Cras?!?!)

0 0

Even if we were to completely ignore your inability to figure out how to deal with a Sram's gimmick, It's not just one on one that needs to be considered. Group play needs to be considered as well. In fact, group play is way more important than 1 vs 1 in a strategy RPG where wars are concerned.

Cras are not only ridiculous in one vs one PvP, but ridiculous in group play as well. A group of four cras can lay down a shower of storm arrows without really worrying about getting in each others' way due to their range and wide area coverage. Compare that to their current potential counters the Sram (for those who can't figure out how to deal with a Sram, at least) and the tree Sadida, both of whom are TERRIBLE for group play and sometimes even more of a hindrance to their allies than a benefit. That's why you see packs of Cras running around instead of the more traditional RPG parties such as a tank + healer + buffer + archer. The simple fact is that in this game at the Cra's current level of power, four archers > than a well balanced party of four characters (even if one of the characters in that well-balanced party is also an archer) in most cases.

Cra vs Tree Sadida, or Cra vs Air Sram if that Cra can't figure out the Sram? Okay, maybe the Cra will lose.

FOUR Cras vs FOUR Tree Sadidas or FOUR Air Srams? The sadidas or srams don't stand a chance.

0 0

Yup, I pointed out the week this game was released srams will be the 1v1 pvp gods, but group pvp.. totally different story lol.

0 0
Score : 1355

i dont think air cras are that over powered, i think people think here over powered because of there massive range, which is just what the class is supposed to be, a ranged class. have you looked at an air cra's spells? there is nothing in an air cra's branch that suggests massive damage output, in fact if you look at all the branches they have, earth would have the hardest hitting spells not air. i think the cra is the one class in game that is pretty balanced, and works the way its supposed to. its the other classes that need a buff and a bit more balancing in my opinion

0 0

I am an air cra.. lvl 75 at that, I alone can tell you we need a nerf in lashing and storm arrow. Look at storm arrow right now... 56 base damage for 2ap/2mp with a proc of 40% tornado (additional 27dmg) not INCLUDING crits.. which brings the proc up to 80%. I am well aware of the damage earth cras deal, I can tell you this.. A friend and I are both cras, he is earth I'm air (he chose it because of how op I was starting out.. I've also been an air cra since beta when they were garbage) he is about 10 lvls higher than me, our damage is very similar.. but what sets me apart from him is the fact that I can hit 4spaces constant.. He hits 1 and 3 with piercing (once a turn) when I can hit up to 4 people three times a turn... We don't need a buff on the rest of the classes, what we need is a change on ap/mp costs or limit how many times we can use our low ap/mp spells. We ARE meant for range, but giving us the damage to finish off monsters in a turn or two without taking a single bit of damage... I'll pass on your idea of "they are fine, everyone else needs a boost." We need a nerf.

1 0
Score : 588

Cra have the top DPT in the game, as well as range and more utility than any other class. That is why they're OP.

They can flash across the map any time they want for 0 AP cost, thus making them the MOST mobile class in the game.

Their main form of damage also doubles as a CC, thus making them the most effective CC in the game.

They're top DPT, the only class that is close is Iop, and they have minimal range.

You don't get called OP for just having the most damage, Cra have the most EVERYTHING. Blaringly obvious overpowered class is blaringly obvious.

1 0
Score : 654

While I know I'll regret trying to talk about this with forum-goers...

Air Cra's damage is not as much of a problem as their escapes. Bean Sneakin', particularly, leaves little room for countering. Having superior offenses and then being able to be dealt with is fine - having both is not.

Sadida takes care of Air Cra for now though, so I'll just enjoy my day in the sun smile 

0 0
ArsenicAndOldLace|2012-03-28 19:27:08
i dont think air cras are that over powered, i think people think here over powered because of there massive range, which is just what the class is supposed to be, a ranged class. have you looked at an air cra's spells? there is nothing in an air cra's branch that suggests massive damage output, in fact if you look at all the branches they have, earth would have the hardest hitting spells not air. i think the cra is the one class in game that is pretty balanced, and works the way its supposed to. its the other classes that need a buff and a bit more balancing in my opinion
A huge chunk of the classes, Cra or not, already kills every other class in 2 turns at the higher levels (Cra is OP because they can do that AND move around the map without using AP or MP AND have the range to hit all over the map) How much more could everyone possibly be buffed in a situation like this where we're already murdering each other in a few turns? Not every class has a defensive skill for Ankama to buff, so for many classes, the only way Ankama could buff them is to buff their damage, and that's moronic in a situation where everyone does enough damage already.

Although if Ankama were to do a global nerf of damage all around and then buff everyones' damage, that would be different. However, indirectly, that would basically be a nerf to cras anyways (IE, everyones' damage is nerfed, and then everyone but Cra's damage is buffed? That's a Cra nerf, is it not?)

Really, though, as pointed out, it's not just the Cra's damage that's overpowered. Archers are supposed to be ranged damage support but need a tank on the front lines to prevent the enemy from getting to them. Cras don't have to worry about that when they can teleport all around the map as well as throw beacons in their enemies' face to block them off. Honestly, why they made Sadida totems be tiles instead of objects but not Cra beacons is beyond me. If I recall correctly, even Panda barrels are now tiles instead of objects, yet Cra beacons still are objects and still can block off players (at a cost of 0 AP to use!). What the heck?
0 0
Score : 985

The whole "I hate Cras" thing sounds a lot like how old time knights sounded at the advent of fire arms...and now everyone's a gunner.

0 0
Zeveros|2012-03-28 21:47:47
The whole "I hate Cras" thing sounds a lot like how old time knights sounded at the advent of fire arms...and now everyone's a gunner.
Yea, and PvP in the real world with gunners has basically devolved into a ton of stupid one-hit ranged kills, too, leading to atrocious casualties and death rates in wars that were unheard of in older wars of history. Yet another reason why we can't let that happen to Wakfu!
0 0
Score : 1516
shidous|2012-03-28 19:34:32
I am an air cra.. lvl 75 at that, I alone can tell you we need a nerf in lashing and storm arrow. Look at storm arrow right now... 56 base damage for 2ap/2mp with a proc of 40% tornado (additional 27dmg) not INCLUDING crits.. which brings the proc up to 80%. I am well aware of the damage earth cras deal, I can tell you this.. A friend and I are both cras, he is earth I'm air (he chose it because of how op I was starting out.. I've also been an air cra since beta when they were garbage) he is about 10 lvls higher than me, our damage is very similar.. but what sets me apart from him is the fact that I can hit 4spaces constant.. He hits 1 and 3 with piercing (once a turn) when I can hit up to 4 people three times a turn... We don't need a buff on the rest of the classes, what we need is a change on ap/mp costs or limit how many times we can use our low ap/mp spells. We ARE meant for range, but giving us the damage to finish off monsters in a turn or two without taking a single bit of damage... I'll pass on your idea of "they are fine, everyone else needs a boost." We need a nerf.

Thank you for sharing this. It means something when air cras themselves are able to be mature and admit the class is OP.
0 0
Score : 759

For every honest cra there are 10-15 punks. I'll still point and laugh regardless of whether they think they deserve it. smile 

0 0
Score : 2036

Yeah, the higher lvl I get in Wakfu, the less I want to play. It was fun while it lasted, I guess.

0 0
Score : 2763

I'm making an air cra right now. I tried to deal, and hit lv 99 with my earth feca, then BAM they nerf the only set that could give me a chance against these cras, while leaving the most op'd air sets perfect in their form.

I understand now, GG.

0 0
Score : 36683
New|2012-03-28 17:44:04
>Roll Sram
>Turn invisable
>Spawn invisable double
>Use scram for 12 MP
>Turn them around
>Backstab doing 250+ dmg

This also inb4 someone gets butt hurt and starts spewing some bs about how its not true
0 0
MiniMikeh|2012-03-29 01:31:12
New|2012-03-28 17:44:04
>Roll Sram
>Turn invisable
>Spawn invisable double
>Use scram for 12 MP
>Turn them around
>Backstab doing 250+ dmg

This also inb4 someone gets butt hurt and starts spewing some bs about how its not true
Great, look at yourself. You can't even get the definition of butthurt right. Here's a hint. You're the one that got beaten by a Sram. Srams do it from behind. Think about it.
0 0
Respond to this thread