FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Not the official release? So...Wipe??

By Kurouw June 26, 2011, 12:49:03

Ok, so if this is not the official release (which me and alot of other people thought to be, due to the open beta marketing and advertising made) then does this mean all our leveling was done for nothing? I didn't go over the limit, only got to Lv54, but still... If I get wiped AGAIN (was one of the first CBers) I'm not going to be playing this game again to start from scratch.

So, did you guys hear any rumors on the french servers? Are we going to be spared? Is the low amount of players in Remington going to cause us to be cut off and only let Tivia survive?

0 0
Reactions 9
Score : 630

Why ask? This is an Open Beta, you are here to test, not to play. You have been told that there may be a wipe after the beta ends, so expect one anytime.

0 0
Score : 198

Lol? What's with the slave mentality. I've never been told that there would be a wipe, I came after several mmo sites I frequent declared this game "Open Beta" - Open Beta IS an official release, Closed Beta is the testing periods that have wiping hazards, so either the frenchies got this concept mixed up - or you guys just haven't been playing MMOs for very long to understand what the beta stages signify.

Either way, If I'm getting wiped there's no point for me to play. But what else could you expect from french people? 3+ Closed Betas and even after all of that they're still testing bugs with the threaten of wipe...

0 0
Score : 1862

For everyone who argues that an Open Beta is the same as a release, have a look at wikipedia. The definition is clear and officially different. Nobody announced a release candidate, a code complete, or code freeze and definitely no release.

We're here to test.

0 0
Score : 610

You'll quit, thousands others will join and play. You, me, anyone else are pretty much expendable.

0 0
Score : 630

This is how Ankama's beta works. Their game, their rules. And the wipe was strongly hinted in one of their threads in french forums.

0 0
Score : 189
Kurouw|2011-06-26 13:10:00
Lol? What's with the slave mentality. I've never been told that there would be a wipe, I came after several mmo sites I frequent declared this game "Open Beta" - Open Beta IS an official release, Closed Beta is the testing periods that have wiping hazards, so either the frenchies got this concept mixed up - or you guys just haven't been playing MMOs for very long to understand what the beta stages signify.

Either way, If I'm getting wiped there's no point for me to play. But what else could you expect from french people? 3+ Closed Betas and even after all of that they're still testing bugs with the threaten of wipe...

My dear Sir,
I've been playing this type of game, MMORPG, for well over ten years now. I've participated in countless Alphas, Closed Betas and Open Betas and can tell you that your infromation regarding the purpose of an open beta is indeed false.
Open beta does doen not mean that a game is "offical" or done, it simply means the developers decided to get the game out to a broader playerbase in order to multiply tester feedback and test the game under an environment much closer to a retailed game.
you are still here to test and character wipes may be mandatory due to several reason.
this is by no mean slavery. you are not forced to play and test.

sincerely
a concerned beta-tester
0 0
Score : 1393

You make me lol. No seriously.. actually L.o.l'ed

But yes, us slaves must be so brainwashed to the weird french people's ways that we can see the difference between Open Beta and release.

I will give you a clue, for a start one of them is made up of two words...., ones got an O...and a B...and a P... hmm infact... its just the E's, maybe its those that are confusing you. So um, let me explain. There different words, now why would someone make two completely different words, use them within the same industry to mean the same thing? See this is weird, every games company seems to be doing it, wow.. someone should tell them it means the same. Must be SUCH a mixup.

In all seriousness.
Your a number, a replaceable number.

You stand hereby informed that
-This is open beta, not release.
- There will be at least one , possibly more, wipes before release (thats the word that begins with an R, not an O)
- Open beta (thats the one with an O) is not the same as release (the one with an R)
- People playing right now are not playing for fun they are here to test.(due to that O word again)

Glad i could help!

Cheese! (For all i know, to your logic, that could mean bye =D) 
0 0
Score : 439

Are people STILL thinking that they won't wipe?

...I don't even...

I can't think of a single MMO that didn't have a wipe before the game was moved from beta to live.

0 0
Score : 427
Gobbos|2011-06-27 01:58:55

You make me lol. No seriously.. actually L.o.l'ed

But yes, us slaves must be so brainwashed to the weird french people's ways that we can see the difference between Open Beta and release.

I will give you a clue, for a start one of them is made up of two words...., ones got an O...and a B...and a P... hmm infact... its just the E's, maybe its those that are confusing you. So um, let me explain. There different words, now why would someone make two completely different words, use them within the same industry to mean the same thing? See this is weird, every games company seems to be doing it, wow.. someone should tell them it means the same. Must be SUCH a mixup.

In all seriousness.
Your a number, a replaceable number.

You stand hereby informed that
-This is open beta, not release.
- There will be at least one , possibly more, wipes before release (thats the word that begins with an R, not an O)
- Open beta (thats the one with an O) is not the same as release (the one with an R)
- People playing right now are not playing for fun they are here to test.(due to that O word again)

Glad i could help!

Cheese! (For all i know, to your logic, that could mean bye =D)
Wow..too far o.O
0 0