FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Bug list

By RavenCross June 12, 2011, 02:18:18

I've been searching for a bug list, so I don't report a bug that's already known. I just can't seem to find it or is there even one? If there are: please post a link so i can look it through. If not then Amakna maybe you should make one? It would make it easier to track known bugs and the likes so you don't get thousands of the same report that's already known.

Regards RavenCross

0 0
Reactions 7
Score : 631

There are so many bugs that putting them in a list and keeping them updated would be troublesome.

0 0
Score : 84

ah okay well that's both funny and a little bit sad xD oh well I'll just make my own :=)

0 0
Score : 1393

Problem is the varying degree of bug reporting helps highlight some of the more urgent bugs. Lets face it, its amkana, they dont "do" bug fixes, they drag it out until people get so bored of the bug they either find a way around it or forget it completely, then two months down the line they will "remake" the system. (dofus pvp anyone?)

The point is, even if there was a list, alot of people wont bother to look through it and it would be an ass to keep updating it. As well as the more people report the same bug, the more chance it has of being fixed.

0 0

Okay that is kinda troubling. Do they have a reputation of not doing bug fixes? because that would be really sad, and unprofessional too. As a company they should strive toward the goal of nearly perfecting a product while introducing new and exciting content. I hope they change their ways if it's true :/

0 0

No, not really, they try.

They fall into the trap alot of lower MMO's fall into. When a bug occurs, they will fix parts of it, as well as a load of other miscellaneous bugs and push out a patch to sort of say "look here, we are working hard bug fixing!" however if the bug isnt completely fixed it will be put to the back of the queue the next time a large bug appears. For example:

As i say, the dofus pvp system back in the old days used to be, by some peoples opinions, alot better than current however it carried with it fundamental bugs.

You used to be able to offer bounties on peoples heads, people paying NPC's a good amount of kamas and players could then hunt them down and collect the bounty from the same NPC. It was a fundementally flawed system, however it was placed in the game to fix a bigger inbalancing bug. Which it didnt.. it just covered it up. Then, the bug in this system was more obvious than the previous one (more to do with inbalance of skills than anything) however people stopped mentioning it. Eventually, they patched this system with anouther... then anouther... then removed it completely, then added headhunting scrolls and quests...then removed it....then added it again... untill your at what exists right now.

No fundemental flaw was ever fixed, it was all patched. This behaviour can be seen in alot of other bugs throughout dofus's history. The only reason it "works" in a way is that the game is radically changed every few years so it seems new and people dont notice it as fast.

The same expectations are held with wakfu, the whole methodology of "we could fix it, or we could re-invent it!"... sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, either way its not "bug fixing".

So in response, the reputation is more smoke and mirrors than actual fixing.

0 0

Okay what I get from your post is that they aren't good at balancing and that they do bug-fixes but at the same time they are re-designing features that where flawed and the new system was still flawed so they do the same trick again, or have i misunderstood what you wrote?

0 0

Again, kinda.

Basically instead of fixing something, they will reinvent the wheel, however the "reinvention" also comes along with a hole new host of bugs.

0 0
Respond to this thread