FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Questions from a beginner.

By June 10, 2011, 19:19:28

Hi, I started playing this game yesterday, but I still have doubts about some aspects of the gameplay.

1- Do I lose something if my character dies?

2- Where can I craft stuff from the items which I got from the professions? For example, a twiggy blade, from bow meow tooth and ash wood (I have both items)

3- Is there any way I can level up my spells without using them? It seems hard because there are some AoE spells that won't cause much damage for only 1 enemy, but I think that having these strong will help a lot later on.

4- How do I leave fights against monters?

5- Is there a way to "deposit" my items in some kind of bank? My inventory is almost full already.

Thanks in advance. smile

0 0
Reactions 5
Score : 490

1. No. Just your time spent in battle smile
2. Basically, where you got the profession is where the workshops are. Look on map the clan member witch gave you profession and search near him for a workshop.
3. You can by using your weapon. Cast on first turn spell you want to level then rest of the battle use weapon. That way all % of spell exp will go to her at the end. Do not use other spells as it will split exp to it too.
4. There is icon in lower left part of menu while in fight. Move mouse over it, and it will tell you that its for leaving the battle. Be warned. If you leave battle its same as you died. Only leaving training sessions with other players dont count as death.
5. Bank is not implemented yet (maybe never will). You should buy bags with extra slots and improve your heaven bag with windows for extra room too.

0 0
Score : 634

Thanks a lot!

Just another small question, how is the exp gained for a spell determined, the amount of times you used it or the duration of the battle?

0 0
Score : 631

Depends on the monsters you are fighting. They level up just like your character do. If you don't use them in a fight, you end the fight with no spell xp for them.

0 0
Score : 755
Aie-for-Pie|2011-06-12 04:48:15
Depends on the monsters you are fighting. They level up just like your character do. If you don't use them in a fight, you end the fight with no spell xp for them.
I'm not 100% sure but adding on to what Aie-for-Pie said: Mobs give normal xp and spell xp. (basically, if you don't gain xp from a mob/fight, you won't level up spells either), and the spell xp is distributed to the spells you used during the fight, weighted on usage (so if you use spell 1 10 times and spell 2 1 time, you'll gain most spell xp to 1)

To mitigate that you could use weapons to deal the majority of the damage, if the spells themselves are too weak to win the fights
0 0
Score : 1393
TroubleAqua|2011-06-12 05:34:40
Aie-for-Pie|2011-06-12 04:48:15
I'm not 100% sure but adding on to what Aie-for-Pie said: Mobs give normal xp and spell xp. (basically, if you don't gain xp from a mob/fight, you won't level up spells either), and the spell xp is distributed to the spells you used during the fight, weighted on usage (so if you use spell 1 10 times and spell 2 1 time, you'll gain most spell xp to 1)

To mitigate that you could use weapons to deal the majority of the damage, if the spells themselves are too weak to win the fights

Kinda.. but either im misunderstanding you or it needs a little more info.

As i said in another thread (cant remember which now or id just send you over there) it works as such:

Spells get a proportional amount of the overall xp from each fight, this is then shared up amongst the used spells. So:

In a fight with a piwi, you recieve 10 xp at the end. In that fight you used 3 spells. Spell A, B and C.

Now, in the fight you used the spells as such:

Spell A 2 times
Spell B 2 times
Spell C 1 times

At the end of the fight the xp is split between those spells, So in this case,
Spell A would get 40% = 4xp
Spell B would get 40% = 4xp
Spell C would get 20% = 2 xp.

The % of the XP each spell gets is dependant on how much it was used. Now this system is purely dependant on the amount of uses, not damage it causes or successful hits. Every time that move is used it gets a higher proportion of the end xp.
This is a very basic example, obviously there is a more involving algorithm converting the % per use. But thats not really important, as long as you understand thats how its sectioned out.

Now the biggest problem people cant seem to see is that when training lower level skills, lower level enemies give diminishing returns on spell xp. Meaning if at level 30 your hitting piwis to train lvl 2 skills, they wont gain xp, purely because your receiving no Xp. The only way this works for lower level skills is when your getting 1 xp per enemy, to use one move and one move only each fight. This means that move will recieve 100% allocation at the end of battle and recieve 1xp each fight.

However, the easier way is to fight mobs your level that you know you can beat and use your low level skills for the start of the battle, then finish them off with your levelled skills. This means that although your sharing spell xp with the higher levelled skills, theres more xp to be shared around resulting in faster skill levelling.
0 0
Respond to this thread