FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Doubtfuls. Please Read

By Setos - MEMBER - February 23, 2012, 23:59:36

I see a lot of people criticizing the game. Some of it is justified, while others are just stupid. If you are going to criticize this game for its art, plot, and mechanics - get to know the game first...There is more to it than its revolutionary gaming platform. The majority of this criticism is from ignorance, that this game was developed around the T.V series.

If you have not bothered watching the show, you can learn just a little bit here:
Click here

Where SE spent their time translating the story for you.

If you watched the show, you would understand the legends of Wakfu. Why a tofu pet is being given, why Emelka has so much importance, why the gold dungeon has so many numbers engraved in the floors, where the secret passage in Sadid kingdom is, the significance of each of the Clan members, the emotes, and so so much more. You may even learn what the Ankama team has in store for the future.

0 0
Reactions 26
Score : 3539

I thought the show was based on the game, at least thats what wikipedia says
And if your going to base your argument is going to be because it was based around the tv series, I'm going to say

I thought it was based on dofus.

not saying I'm right or wrong, just bringing up some points

0 0
Score : 176

Storyline is not a big part of this game at all, so I'm not sure which haters you're talking to. I watched the first season, I'm sorry, but it's too kiddy for me.

0 0
Score : 5777
tacticalroleplayinggame|2012-02-24 00:13:11
Storyline is not a big part of this game at all, so I'm not sure which haters you're talking to. I watched the first season, I'm sorry, but it's too kiddy for me.

You only like mature things for mature individuals like yourself.

Jokes aside, I'm looking for a repository of information regarding the Dofus and Wakfu universe that I'd seen a while back. It will be useful for those willing to read walls of text instead of watch the show. I'll get back to you gents on it.
0 0
Score : 8063
Johnwiddin|2012-02-24 00:19:59

Jokes aside, I'm looking for a repository of information regarding the Dofus and Wakfu universe that I'd seen a while back. It will be useful for those willing to read walls of text instead of watch the show. I'll get back to you gents on it.

This? Click here
0 0
Score : 963
b-baller|2012-02-24 00:09:04
I thought the show was based on the game, at least thats what wikipedia says
And if your going to base your argument is going to be because it was based around the tv series, I'm going to say

I thought it was based on dofus.

not saying I'm right or wrong, just bringing up some points
You make some very valid points, however this game is suppose to resemble the T.V series. I'm going on a very basic whim, but a strong one. People don't understand that Mt. Zinit is the first chapter of the game. And there will be many more, for higher lvls. I would advise checking out www.Brotherhoodoftofu.com
0 0
C4ssidy|2012-02-24 00:22:58

This? Click here

That would be it. Thank you Cass.
0 0
Score : 358

Well some of us are just min/max kind of players. We have no desire to be in politics, social beacons of light or hate, or find knowing more about the lore really helps. Even if some aspects of lore translate to instructions on how to kill a hard boss, it can easily be obtained through trial and errors as well. Plus the game has great info windows on enemies.

Nothing you posted really effects, good or bad, what I think of wakfu.

0 0
Score : 4463

I don't think I've ever used the word "hater" or "haters" in a serious context.

Perhaps this is why every time I hear the word, I think of a song. This one, in case anyone was wondering.

1 0
What is to kiddy? The T.V series or my post? And I'm terribly sorry, but you would be wrong to say the the storyline is not a big part of this game.

Here are some predictions I will make.

Mt. Zinit is only the 1st chapter of the game.
The beta Testers will Receive bandage like gear
The initiation Dance emote, will come out and comes from the Iop dance.
The One year sub emote, is that of the Map that tells all. That Kabrok(or the Dark Raven) gave to Yugo, and the map talks.

Seriously...Every aspect surrounds the game. My goal isn't to criticize but to inform ^^. Even the buildings. You are right to say some things do not, such as gemlins, however the majority of it does.

Orphiant|2012-02-24 00:29:41
I don't think I've ever used the word "hater" or "haters" in a serious context.

Perhaps this is why every time I hear the word, I think of a song. This one, in case anyone was wondering.
haha well this post isn't all that serious, hence my awesome airgun. But I do hope to make a valid point.

kuggy|2012-02-24 00:29:32
Well some of us are just min/max kind of players. We have no desire to be in politics, social beacons of light or hate, or find knowing more about the lore really helps. Even if some aspects of lore translate to instructions on how to kill a hard boss, it can easily be obtained through trial and errors as well. Plus the game has great info windows on enemies.

Nothing you posted really effects, good or bad, what I think of wakfu.
Excellent point, this game does bring two different audiences. But if you are a fan of the game, you may be a fan of the T.V series. If you are ever interested in seeing it, I would recommend smile. But of-course the game is 100% playable without xD.

I mean don't take me the wrong way. While I am trying to make a point, I am intentionally trying to be 100% silly. If you are a fan of this game, perhaps you will enjoy the series. Just a friendly suggestion x).
0 0
Score : 1803
1 -1
I mean don't take me the wrong way. While I am trying to make a point, I am intentionally trying to be 100% silly. If you are a fan of this game, perhaps you will enjoy the series. Just a friendly suggestion x).

<_<
0 0
Johnwiddin|2012-02-24 00:44:42

<_<
Widdin? The same Widdin, that joined the game after watching the show, and ranted how people took the game to seriously?
0 0
Score : 22

I hadn't enjoyed the cartoon originally because I had also thought it too kiddy. But I was looking over my little brother's shoulder long enough and it certainly caught my eye. The animation was crisp as hell and I couldn't resist. The environment was kiddy sure, but it had a villain with a reasonable motivation, main characters died(kinda sorta), and the conflict was real. Honestly, if you're into cartoons at all I'd highly recommend it.

0 0
Score : 615
LeunKiithsaHunter|2012-02-24 00:42:03
omg gross
0 0
justerapp|2012-02-24 00:53:51
I hadn't enjoyed the cartoon originally because I had also thought it too kiddy. But I was looking over my little brother's shoulder long enough and it certainly caught my eye. The animation was crisp as hell and I couldn't resist. The environment was kiddy sure, but it had a villain with a reasonable motivation, main characters died(kinda sorta), and the conflict was real. Honestly, if you're into cartoons at all I'd highly recommend it.

Many that sounded like the same stuff people say to get you to watch MLP. THE SAME. I am on to your tricks.. justerapp.
0 0
kuggy|2012-02-24 01:00:17

Many that sounded like the same stuff people say to get you to watch MLP. THE SAME. I am on to your tricks.. justerapp.
It took me a good 3 minutes to determine what MLP stood for. And for fear of appealing merely to authority or self aggrandizing I'm a dude who enjoys the more brutal things in life. Granted the show is better watched with your girlfriend/kids, it is none the less a good show. I've never watched my little pony because it's advertised specifically towards little girls. Wakfu is targeting kids, if one is indeed mature they can get over that for the same reasons why one could continue to play pokemon. Sometimes it's fun to be a kid again.
0 0
justerapp|2012-02-24 01:06:53

It took me a good 3 minutes to determine what MLP stood for. And for fear of appealing merely to authority or self aggrandizing I'm a dude who enjoys the more brutal things in life. Granted the show is better watched with your girlfriend/kids, it is none the less a good show. I've never watched my little pony because it's advertised specifically towards little girls. Wakfu is targeting kids, if one is indeed mature they can get over that for the same reasons why one could continue to play pokemon. Sometimes it's fun to be a kid again.

Never watched the new stuff either. Granted when I was a kid in the 80's if i wanted to watch G1 transformers, I had to watch the old MLP cause, well, older sisters are asses. But nah I enjoy pixar movies and whatnot. However no matter the cartoon I have hard time watching it unless it is just pure goofy funny. I like jokes and violence. Long as it slides towards one of those then I am entertained. But I think the wakfu episodes might be more campy than haha funny.
0 0
justerapp|2012-02-24 01:06:53

Thanks I could not have said it any better. I'm a dude to, who enjoys to weight-lift and wrestle. Watching the shows reminded me of watching cartoons as a kid. I thoroughly enjoyed them.

Thanks for the intelligent and supportive comment, haha.
0 0

Well I won't convince you much further, if you don't like something you don't like something. Can't help but respect that. However, Pixar's movies aren't very funny or violent. Toy Story 3/Wall-E were downright depressing at times, the humor was such that I couldn't imagine you finding it at all appealing and the only violence available was on a level below Wakfu. The only reasons I enjoy pixar films were because they had a rather impressive social narrative (Death of innocence, fat/wasteful dystopia). While there isn't some bull*** preachy message in Wakfu(which I can't help but find tasteful) and it follows a formula akin to action-based animes(and I hate anime) the animation was on the level of Pixar and the world of Wakfu is immerseive and believable. If you like lore of fictional worlds, especially of an MMO you intend on playing, then I can't help but recommend it highly. If I've failed at convincing you to watch at least the first couple of episodes; then so be it. Just don't want you to miss out on something I found enjoyable and will endevour to convince you no further.

0 0
Respond to this thread