FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Elemental spells

By June 11, 2011, 17:37:46

hey everyone,

I am new to the game i was just wondering, does it matter what spells you use on any particular class? I mean are classes better at certain spells, or become stronger with certain class? Right now my first toon is a Iop, and I have mostly been lvling up my fire and wind spells. Im not sure if that is the best for him but those are the ones i like. Whats is your guys opionion in it?

0 0
Reactions 9
Score : 427

You're gonna want to check out the Class Section on the forums. for the iops, the best elemental tree is the air combo tree.
don't bother with raising more then one element early on. focus on just one element till level 40+ then go back and have
a friend or alt help you kill things while you spam the low level spells in the background.

toads, crows, bandits and cralov are all good mobs to do this with.

0 0
Score : 46
DaLegion|2011-06-11 17:42:42
You're gonna want to check out the Class Section on the forums. for the iops, the best elemental tree is the air combo tree.
don't bother with raising more then one element early on. focus on just one element till level 40+ then go back and have
a friend or alt help you kill things while you spam the low level spells in the background.

Thanks so much, so the different classes are better at certain elemental types.....Do we have a guide of which classes are better at certain types yet? Or problaly under the class sections.
0 0
Score : 3554

Don't listen to Dalegion.
What you're doing is fine, and is the intended way you should play. You choose the spells you like and use them, find tactics for them, etc. You don't need to level every skill up at the same time, just the ones you want/use. That is unless your one of those hardcore theory crafting damage caculating not wanting to miss 1% of damage... then do what Dalegion says and grind up one tree, every skill.

0 0
ZenkuYuko|2011-06-11 18:01:11
DaLegion|2011-06-11 17:42:42

Thanks so much, so the different classes are better at certain elemental types.....Do we have a guide of which classes are better at certain types yet? Or problaly under the class sections.

Really it just comes down to a few different classes. the cra and the iop.
both are the strongest and most useful in wakfu.

as for the elemental trees, Air is the way to go. mainly due to the fact all the best gear late game seems to focus on it
and Air centers around battle field control.

you may even opt to play a Sac or Xelor but both of them will prolly get another "fix" this next patch, so don't get use
to a certain way of playing them.

as for the rest of the classes, you really shouldn't bother unless you're bored. the enu, eca, eni and sadi are all useless
right now and can't compete due to the way wakfu was designed.

bascially the game caters to speed killing. leaving true strategy out the window.
it's sad but that's just the way the cookie crumbles.

honestly, you're best to just wait till the next patch or wipe before playing. right now the economy is dead and the devs
have practically abandoned the game and it's community.

they've had many many chances to fix this but they just don't seem to care.
in the end it'll just cost them customers.
0 0
Score : 1118
DaLegion|2011-06-11 18:43:07

as for the elemental trees, Air is the way to go. mainly due to the fact all the best gear late game seems to focus on it

you may even opt to play a Sac or Xelor but both of them will prolly get another "fix" this next patch, so don't get use

as for the rest of the classes, you really shouldn't bother unless you're bored. the enu, eca, eni and sadi are all useless

bascially the game caters to speed killing. leaving true strategy out the window.

honestly, you're best to just wait till the next patch or wipe before playing. right now the economy is dead and the devs

Don't listen to this guy. Test out every class, see which one best suits you. Sitting and constantly spamming the same skills over and over doesn't sound very fun, now does it?
Try to focus on more than one elemental spell tree. Also, for every 2 spell levels you gain, you get 1% damage to that element, and for every 5 you get 1% resist.

I would encourage you to try some of the new classes, as they are the ones that need to be tested the most (most notably the xelor, who is extremely bugged)

Ill tell you straight up that NO classes are useless (save for eni, I can honestly say they are pretty useless as a healing class right now) each just offers a different unique factor to the battlefield. Iops are pure damage/tanks, sacriers control battlefield movement and tank, Enis are healers, xelors are ap stealers, ect

Also, try and join a guild or make some friends, you'll probably want to group level in later levels
0 0
Score : 20
danceparty|2011-06-11 19:30:22

Don't listen to this guy. Test out every class, see which one best suits you. Sitting and constantly spamming the same skills over and over doesn't sound very fun, now does it?
Try to focus on more than one elemental spell tree. Also, for every 2 spell levels you gain, you get 1% damage to that element, and for every 5 you get 1% resist.

I would encourage you to try some of the new classes, as they are the ones that need to be tested the most (most notably the xelor, who is extremely bugged)

Ill tell you straight up that NO classes are useless (save for eni, I can honestly say they are pretty useless as a healing class right now) each just offers a different unique factor to the battlefield. Iops are pure damage/tanks, sacriers control battlefield movement and tank, Enis are healers, xelors are ap stealers, ect

Also, try and join a guild or make some friends, you'll probably want to group level in later levels

haha.. name ONE class you wont sit there and spam the same moves over and over ~ XD

@ZenkuYuko ~
stick to one tree right now till higher levels.. as I'm sure you've noticed spell exp sux and trying
to get more then one element strong at a time would take forever and a day.

so if you're an Iop, go the power tree *(AIR) and once you're around lv45-50 go ahead and try
to get your friends to help you raise the other trees up a bit.

you'll score 7-20 levels on each spell per battle *(5 spell max) depending on how many you use
in the fight and what level the mobs are.

on crows you can expect to get 8,000-15,000 spell exp *(depending on wisdom) per battle.
so you'll be able to level all your fire spells from lv0 - lv20 in bout 5 fights.

rinse and repeat for earth ~ then you can experiment with the trees ta see which one you want
to "main" as.

personally, this is where the snoofs use to shine... they were good for use on experimenting and
powerleveling a class to see higher level results on each elemental tree. tho they've been removed
from the ecosystem.. you can still use the same process on high level mobs.. it'll just take a bit longer happy

as for the "usefulness" of the other classes... I say stick with the Iop or Cra as your main, then later
if you feel you want to experiment, go ahead and create another class.

odds are, you will anyway just to see what they're all about.. the downside is that once you see
how little dmg they produce and the fact that the overall effectiveness of spells that take away
-ap or -mp just isn't where it should be *(most mobs wont need to move or dont use the majority
of their AP anyways) ~ you'll understand why most people don't play those classes or want them
on their leveling teams.

as DaLegion said, the game caters to speed killing and doesn't reward skill.
plus there is no high level content anyways, so you're left at a bit of a stand still =/

anywho, have fun with the game ~ if you're on the Amaknian side, look for the guild Paradox of Pandora
we've got over 160 members and have the highest level crafters on the server.

I personally have stopped playing and uninstalled the game *(currently playing The Witcher 2) ~
but I do stop into the forums every now and then.

so good luck with your adventures and if you want to see what the game has to offer, you can
check out the dungeon, secrets and other walkthrough vids on my youtube page ~
0 0
Score : 1150

@RequiemsVoid
The -Ap Xelor isn't as bad as you think. You don't seem to be using it right, as I can take out Whirlibigs, Tsu tsu, Moskitoes, etc. Without them even touching me.(attacking)

People don't know how to use the dial but the exploitable timekeeper+hammhour, its so sad. Just minusing 2 ap from a tsu tsu makes it unable to attack as its move costs 4 ap, it holds 5.
I should make videos aswell to show the tactics of a true xelor.

Edit: I can solo kraloves/crabs at lvl 40 aswell without hammhour or infinite hp glitch

0 0
Score : 20
Ninjakittie|2011-06-11 20:47:54
@RequiemsVoid
The -Ap Xelor isn't as bad as you think. You don't seem to be using it right, as I can take out Whirlibigs, Tsu tsu, Moskitoes, etc. Without them even touching me.(attacking)

People don't know how to use the dial but the exploitable timekeeper+hammhour, its so sad. Just minusing 2 ap from a tsu tsu makes it unable to attack as its move costs 4 ap, it holds 5.
I should make videos aswell to show the tactics of a true xelor.

Edit: I can solo kraloves/crabs at lvl 40 aswell without hammhour or infinite hp glitch

lol, my original xelor was +command, water spec ~
meaning I could summon 4 owls and I focused my all my gear with -ap abilities.

it was fun.. but got tedious after a while, especially when I found out my owls only increased in
HP and not dmg % or resistance.

making them nothing more then a spammable wall in groups.

while you may think that is great or unique, any elemental cra can do the same AND put out
much more dmg every turn with thier beacons *(only cost wp).

the -ap is also nice, but again in a group setting it's preferred to just simply have single element
focused air cra or iops ~ as the mobs will die faster.

this game lacks real content or challenge, so until they start rewarding players for playing smart ~
there's no reason to play anything other then an Iop or Cra.

it's still a personal preference but at the end of the day, most don't like to grind and that's all wakfu
is.. one big grind.

my movies are actually on hold ~ baring what happens with the next patch and open beta.
if nothing changes or they keep releaseing more of the same RP content.. I prolly wont come
back, as that's not fun to me.
0 0
Requiemsvoid|2011-06-11 19:58:17
danceparty|2011-06-11 19:30:22

haha.. name ONE class you wont sit there and spam the same moves over and over ~ XD

@ZenkuYuko ~
stick to one tree right now till higher levels.. as I'm sure you've noticed spell exp sux and trying
to get more then one element strong at a time would take forever and a day.

so if you're an Iop, go the power tree *(AIR) and once you're around lv45-50 go ahead and try
to get your friends to help you raise the other trees up a bit.

you'll score 7-20 levels on each spell per battle *(5 spell max) depending on how many you use
in the fight and what level the mobs are.

on crows you can expect to get 8,000-15,000 spell exp *(depending on wisdom) per battle.
so you'll be able to level all your fire spells from lv0 - lv20 in bout 5 fights.

rinse and repeat for earth ~ then you can experiment with the trees ta see which one you want
to "main" as.

personally, this is where the snoofs use to shine... they were good for use on experimenting and
powerleveling a class to see higher level results on each elemental tree. tho they've been removed
from the ecosystem.. you can still use the same process on high level mobs.. it'll just take a bit longer happy

as for the "usefulness" of the other classes... I say stick with the Iop or Cra as your main, then later
if you feel you want to experiment, go ahead and create another class.

odds are, you will anyway just to see what they're all about.. the downside is that once you see
how little dmg they produce and the fact that the overall effectiveness of spells that take away
-ap or -mp just isn't where it should be *(most mobs wont need to move or dont use the majority
of their AP anyways) ~ you'll understand why most people don't play those classes or want them
on their leveling teams.

as DaLegion said, the game caters to speed killing and doesn't reward skill.
plus there is no high level content anyways, so you're left at a bit of a stand still =/

anywho, have fun with the game ~ if you're on the Amaknian side, look for the guild Paradox of Pandora
we've got over 160 members and have the highest level crafters on the server.

I personally have stopped playing and uninstalled the game *(currently playing The Witcher 2) ~
but I do stop into the forums every now and then.

so good luck with your adventures and if you want to see what the game has to offer, you can
check out the dungeon, secrets and other walkthrough vids on my youtube page ~

umm wow. nice novel ya go there tongue
sad to see you go, was enjoying the secret vids you had posted.
0 0
Respond to this thread