FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Amakna cp problem(?) (warning noob questions)

By June 09, 2011, 10:00:53

Ok so just started playing a couple days ago. everything I've tried to kill recently is negative CP? what the heck? is this right?

~Wisp

0 0
Reactions 9
Score : 6
WispE|2011-06-09 10:00:53
Ok so just started playing a couple days ago. everything I've tried to kill recently is negative CP? what the heck? is this right?

~Wisp

See the problem isn't that you are doing what the game wants you to do to gain experience.
The problem is that your government in Amakna has set every possible critter to 'protected' status. I hear that they have also set the tax for selling item to 70%.
I really have no idea what they get out of this, as they themselves also have to not kill critters and gather stuff. But many here on the forums think the whole lot of them are trolls.
0 0
Score : 1541

yeah id say that its time to switch nations for you buddy come to bonta where we have somewhat reliable politician

0 0
Score : 6
coopkramer|2011-06-09 11:18:55
reliable politician

I don't think that phrase means what you think it means.

It's like Military Intelligence, Free Lunch, Friendly Fire, and others along the same line. I think the term is 'oxymoron'.
0 0
Score : 3554

The Amaknian Government (GoonSquad) gets off on threads like this, its the equalivant of sexual pleasure for them.

0 0
Score : 1378
samothrake|2011-06-09 12:37:39
coopkramer|2011-06-09 11:18:55
reliable politician

I don't think that phrase means what you think it means.

It's like Military Intelligence, Free Lunch, Friendly Fire, and others along the same line. I think the term is 'oxymoron'.

I kinda take offence to the Military intel bit, I was a 39F in the army and nothing I did there was a joke.
- Just playing, after 9 weeks of basic, an FBI background check, 3 months of AIT ( like basic training but longer); all I did was handle red tape for documents.

@OP The current gov of Amakna has decided to place monsters crucial for training (everything) as a protected specie. The ability should only be applied to future samples of monsters that might go extinct (high-training low repop) but instead areas like the Gobbal Field (which the devs stated as being essential for high-traffic grinding of new players) are being marked as protected effecting each player with -10CP (possibly -9cp if gobbals are overpopulated). The only real way to gain cp at this time is to replant crops/herbs in areas with underpopulated ecology. But you got a lot of players doing this, so the chances of you recovering your CP this way is slim to none. Your best bet is to hunt down and kill other players.. Just trying to play the game (outlaw) thus gaining +10cp (enough for one gobbal kill). As you can see this is detrimental to the overall gameplay, and I'm pretty curious why it's taken over a few weeks for devs to step up and kick the troll out.

The whole "it's closed beta, I was just being a good tester and finding flaws in your system" bit is fine and dandy after the first day you did it.
0 0
Score : 42
samothrake|2011-06-09 10:39:46
WispE|2011-06-09 10:00:53

~Wisp

See the problem isn't that you are doing what the game wants you to do to gain experience.
The problem is that your government in Amakna has set every possible critter to 'protected' status. I hear that they have also set the tax for selling item to 70%.
I really have no idea what they get out of this, as they themselves also have to not kill critters and gather stuff. But many here on the forums think the whole lot of them are trolls.

So a person/guild/group/other can effectively destroy the game for everyone just because they are a bunch of trolls? I do believe I need to resist rage quitting...
0 0
Score : 4

Yeah, I think it's pretty ridiculous too. Our Governor completely blows, currently, and they enjoy being that way. Just when you, or any other citizen earns enough Citizen Points to vote, to make sure not to vote for something like that guy or anybody who is like that. The people get to choose their leader, so blame the people who voted for the guy, and do your best to campaign against him when the next election takes place lol.

0 0
Score : 47

the current ankama gov is just a bunch of trolls right now, there is already about 3 threads discussing this point already

it might be better to go bonta until they get outed or defanged otherwise its going to suck trying to lvl

0 0
Score : 517

Wisp, I hope you don't rage quit (even though I feel like doing that myself) but the term as governor lasts two weeks.

You could wait it out and hopefully someone steps in and reminds us how not everybody in mmo's are total trolls.
I believe that this trolls term is ending in a few days? (Its so difficult to get any information...)

0 0
Respond to this thread