FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Comparing trailers

By Sociopath June 08, 2011, 10:52:47

A Youtube vid found: here shows the version a lot more advanced then ours. (edit: even though it's older)
It looks like the combat is less turn-based and more live-action in the trailer.
Some more fluid animation from watching trees fall, fishing, etc.

Scenery looks a lot better. It looks like each class has it's own domain, maybe this is to replace the incarnum?

Also the character's heads seem bigger..

Here's a few screens from the vid (wish it was higher resolution)

An English E3 trailer can be found: here
- This trailer seems to look a lot more like our current version.. so.. which one do you think we'll get?
- The trailer also states OB starts this summer..
0 0
Reactions 11
Score : 2422

Hate to break it to you, but old trailer is old. You're not looking at the future, you're gazing into the past. Remember what we're playing now is the third version (attempt) of this game.

0 0
Score : 1378

Ah.. so they removed these effects n stuff? Seems like they're downgrading the game..
I've only been around as of the last wipe.

0 0
Score : 1316

lol, almost thought this was a troll post ~ your information is a bit off.

First, the video you show as more live action and having fluid animation is actually the 2008 story trailer and features
clips from the anime and the older versions of wakfu closed/open betas.

Second, there are two topics already posted here on the front page about E3 and their new combat trailer.
so, please use the search function next time before you post.

oh and if you'd like to see all the current trailers can check out their game trailers page

0 0

so did the combat used to not be turned based or something?
being 'story' trailer do you mean they just made the whole combat cinimatic instead of using in-game footage?

There is a real lack of progressive info as everything on google and youtube shows old and new stuff being "new"..

0 0
Sociopath|2011-06-08 11:15:47
so did the combat used to not be turned based or something?

There is a real lack of progressive info as everything on google and youtube shows old and new stuff being "new"..

I've been in the betas since 2009 ~ and it's never not been turn-based.
lol and they've also never had animated cut-scenes like they show in those trailers either..
0 0

Hmm.. well.. that's disappointing..

So OB being so close and them using our CB's footage (tweaked stats) for a trailer it's highly likely they're shipping the game out as is?

0 0
Sociopath|2011-06-08 11:19:59
Hmm.. well.. that's disappointing..

So OB being so close and them using our CB's footage (tweaked stats) for a trailer it's highly likely they're shipping the game out as is?

From what I understand they're releasing all but the last two classes to play test in beta before
they launch the game. *(Mask and Bandit)

as is we have 8 of the 14 classes already out, so if they continue the trend of releasing 2 classes
per patch, we'll have 2 more patches before the game comes out or switches to open beta.

Being that the patches are now happening at the end of the month every month, one could assume
by the end of July ~ we'll have the 12 playable classes.

so at this point it's just a lack of information and content that's the problem to us testers..
0 0
Score : 1541

yeah that is a really old trailer from when i joined the beta in 07-08 back when there was weapon mastery and like 10 spells per element and no base character levels just spell. the game we have now is much better trust me. its much more fluent and smooth now and all the character models are more anatomacly correct

0 0
Score : 839

I'm glad they scrapped that version, I didn't enjoy it very much. I also like the way our characters look now in comparison to back in the beginning, too much of an anime feel back in V.1.

0 0
Score : 993

That version never existed. Was probably more of an animation to show a prototype of what they want it to be. It was never implemented in code. Ends with "coming soon (C) ankama 2007" lol. first version of beta wasn't until sometime 2008. There hasn't been 3 versions either. We're at version 0.3xx. They increase the number every major change/addition they release. Everything has been a linear development since the beginning, though they did try things like weapon breaking which they ended up scrapping.

0 0
Score : 351

That E3 trailer is ridiculous, lol... seemed like the narrator had some joke to tell, but never really told it, and the whole time he was telling you how to play the game, instead of why you should play the game. Anyway, excited for open beta in the summer, because maybe we'll have more classes by then. happy 

0 0
Respond to this thread