FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Initiative "Bonus".

By June 08, 2011, 04:58:09

With the new bonuses, there seems to be some evils mixed in the bucket. There is a "bonus" that gives -40HP. The first time after the update that I saw this I thought, wow, neat, a free 40 damage? Nope, -40 HP to me, and it hurt!

So I just learned to ignore it.

Just now I was fighting a monster, and it's bonus selection came up, and it had the option to chose -40HP, and the other selection was not available (not fast enough). So it chooses the -40HP, and promptly dies at the end up the turn.

As funny as this was, why is such a penalty an option? I understand that Sacs may want to take some damage for building up Chrage, but... if that is really why it's there, shouldn't it be more focused on your class?

0 0
Reactions 5
Score : 1118
NotStorage|2011-06-08 04:58:09
With the new bonuses, there seems to be some evils mixed in the bucket. There is a "bonus" that gives -40HP. The first time after the update that I saw this I thought, wow, neat, a free 40 damage? Nope, -40 HP to me, and it hurt!

So I just learned to ignore it.

Just now I was fighting a monster, and it's bonus selection came up, and it had the option to chose -40HP, and the other selection was not available (not fast enough). So it chooses the -40HP, and promptly dies at the end up the turn.

As funny as this was, why is such a penalty an option? I understand that Sacs may want to take some damage for building up Chrage, but... if that is really why it's there, shouldn't it be more focused on your class?
There are both bonuses AND penalties on the initiative bonus. The player with the lowest initiative will end up taking the penalty
0 0
Score : 8119

The penalty and bonuses ARE focused on classes. Sort of. Each monster type/player class will bring a bonus or penalty to the table and when it's your turn to pick, you can grab the one you want...including the bonuses of other classes like xelor's +3AP bonus(or was it mp?). It's a pretty neat system but kind of unfair to people who don't include initiative in their builds. My enutrof is level 50 with 170 prospecting, 5 mp, and other goodies..and my turn is dead last. If you have a build like this you're going to want to come into the fight with stats to counter the penalty or choose a monster that doesnt bring that penalty to the table.

0 0
Score : 6481

the bonuses are not based on initiative. the name of this game is how fast you play your turn. hover your mouse over the characters in the battle order display and you'll see a set of numbers pop up for each character indicating how many "velocity points" a player has. This is what unlocks bonuses more so than initiative. yes, going last leaves less options, but playing slow will cause more pain as well. As far as I understand it.

0 0
Score : 1316

Depending on the "reset" function and whether or not it takes a full turn ~ a lv65 Cra can have 617 INI just with
gear bonuses and will be able to activate the bonuses every other turn.

I mention the cra as it's the only class that can achieve this speed with out destroying it's combat abilities.
and NO ~ you don't need any skill points in INI to have 617.

0 0
Score : 352

Who misses the V2 bonus window that wasn't in your face and didn't stop gameplay for 3 seconds? I honestly would rather have no bonus than this intrusive and now, often times useless bonus window.

0 0
Respond to this thread