FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

WAKFU @ E3 / Gamer Escape Interview

By June 07, 2011, 14:20:29

I am current in the airport heading out to E3. We'll of course be paying special attention to WAKFU, including a demo and interview tomorrow - so if anyone has any questions they want answered, post them here and we'll see what we can get out of the WAKFU reps and/or see in the demo. We'll post the full interview write-up, when complete over at wakfu.gamerescape.com.

FYI - our wiki is pretty close to complete. I finished the achievements last night, and the items/recipes/mobs should be pretty close to current based on available info. Mines are added as well. I need to redo the clickable maps since the last patch, but they take so much time that I hesitate to redo them pre-release. I know we'll need dungeon pages, but if anyone sees any other sections missing let me know and I'll get to them after E3.

0 0
Reactions 22
Score : 1314
gahooyah|2011-06-07 14:20:29
I am current in the airport heading out to E3. We'll of course be paying special attention to WAKFU, including a demo and interview tomorrow - so if anyone has any questions they want answered, post them here and we'll see what we can get out of the WAKFU reps and/or see in the demo. We'll post the full interview write-up, when complete over at wakfu.gamerescape.com.

FYI - our wiki is pretty close to complete. I finished the achievements last night, and the items/recipes/mobs should be pretty close to current based on available info. Mines are added as well. I need to redo the clickable maps since the last patch, but they take so much time that I hesitate to redo them pre-release. I know we'll need dungeon pages, but if anyone sees any other sections missing let me know and I'll get to them after E3.

hmm, sure ~ ask'em when they're gonna fix group exp.
0 0
Score : 992

devs aren't going to be there, so doubt will get anything other than, "We're in constant communication with the developers. We can file a bug report with them. The business plan for wakfu has not been fully disclosed. We're moving you to the appropriate thread, thank you for understanding.".

0 0
Score : 1078

I wonder if they are going to have the current build or a build with content we do not have yet.

I suspect it will be pre leveled characters and we will get to see some cool dungeons which will be awesome. If the dungeons are unreleased try and ask which zone they are in/whats around it.

0 0
Score : 1289
Elementofchaos|2011-06-07 16:17:59
gahooyah|2011-06-07 14:20:29

hmm, sure ~ ask'em when they're gonna fix group exp.

you're supposed to ask about sucked blood 8D
0 0
Score : 1192

Ankama Devs are not going to be there. Wakfu was made by Ankama, not SE.

-Thundra

0 0
Score : 3551

At most you'll probably just get to talk to some dude that talks about the basics of the game with extreme emphasis on mechanics that are simple yet they make it sound amazing like the ecosystem. *gasp*

0 0
Score : 211

Confirmed that the interview will be with not only SE reps, but the lead dev from Ankama. Initial reports are that they are showing the same build as the current beta, but showing off high level content, new dungeons and currently inaccessible areas (i.e. Emelka).

0 0
Score : 12557
Aegisub|2011-06-07 16:48:15
devs aren't going to be there, so doubt will get anything other than, "We're in constant communication with the developers. We can file a bug report with them. The business plan for wakfu has not been fully disclosed. We're moving you to the appropriate thread, thank you for understanding.".

Someone's a downer... and misunderstands our relationship with Ankama. wink

Indeed, several indivuals from the studio have flown down for the event, including TheTurtle, lead developer for WAKFU.
0 0

>_Someone's a downer...

Rather call it burden of proof, assume it is a lie until proven with source. Gamerescape only comes here to advert their wiki every post and I don't much like the company for how they took $9000 of donations from players not to sellout to wikia for XIV then sold out anyway. They were making all kinds of crazy claims in our last debate. Having not seen any official posts on SE's position in E3 there was no need to give any credence to the claims. The easiest way to dismiss unsourced claims is to make a counter assertion.

0 0
Score : 10

Since I have yet to see anyone post a question to ask, perhaps you could ask when they plan to release any of the new classes (Fecas really ._.) since they are the only other support calls.
Also ask if they plan to make fighting in dungeons less frustrating for people who have bad connections, or people that die in dungeons, since the current system has you run back to the entrance and have to reuse a key. There is also the issue of if you leave the group or join another one in a dungeon that you get kicked as well.
'Nother thing I've been wondering about is if they're gonna implement a similar system to dofuses battle log out feature. Where if you d/c in a fight you can simply log back in and continue, as opposed to now where if you lag out, you die.
Last one, which class will be given the ability to revive players who have fallen in combat, but haven't disembodied, because the current system kind of sucks hardcore *** (Paraphrase).

0 0

edit: derr, posted in wrong thread, my bad. btw, this thread probably shouldn't have been locked. /en/ redirects to /na/ if from NA. if international /na/ redirects to /en/

0 0
Score : 439
Aegisub|2011-06-08 13:25:14
Gamerescape only comes here to advert their wiki every post and I don't much like the company for how they took $9000 of donations from players not to sellout to wikia for XIV then sold out anyway.
Thank you. I was afraid I was the only one around here who knew about that and dislikes/doesn't trust them for the same reasons.
0 0

Whatever. rolleyes

Thanks for the actual questions. We'll see what we can extract as far as plans and info. I'd like some answers about government too (as right now you can't kill in Amakna without poaching).

Sorry we missed saying hi yesterday Derek! Every time we were nearby you were in the midst of showing off the game. We'll be sure to interrupt today wink 

0 0
Score : 1289

Oho i wonder what derek looks like 8D

and the turtle too :O

technically that means i should go, but i cant be taking college courses if i were to ever go xP

0 0
Score : 1192

Oh well... I see... an Ankama dev IS there... that's what I get for shooting my mouth off lol

-Thundra

0 0
Score : 10

If you still got room for questions, ask if a restriction on the amount of votes per IP/MAC or Account will be implemented for the political system, since the way it is now leaves far too much room for abuse.

0 0
Score : 681

Hm, they've added the link on the Home page, but the link doesnt work. Can somebody put the re-add the link?
Or it'll just come up later today.
I was hoping they'd add more content to weapons, Such as weapon spells. People constantly complain about no use for weapons but their stats, no?

0 0

Had a real nice demo/meeting with the Ankama and SE guys yesterday. Here's our write up... they were very excited about Brakmar - which sounded like we would be seeing pretty soon. I forgot to mention in the post that they were not planning on changing the voting from per character to per IP.

Click here

0 0
Score : 1314
gahooyah|2011-06-09 17:49:55
Had a real nice demo/meeting with the Ankama and SE guys yesterday. Here's our write up... they were very excited about Brakmar - which sounded like we would be seeing pretty soon. I forgot to mention in the post that they were not planning on changing the voting from per character to per IP.

Click here

well, after reading that.. I'm tempted to just give all my stuff to my guild and call it a day...
hmm, something to think about...
0 0
Respond to this thread