FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

E3 Combat Trailer... -_-

By June 07, 2011, 14:08:23

Ok, first I'd like to say that the announcer is very annoying and sells the game as if to a bunch
of 6 year olds.. this isn't teletubbies or sesame street..

Granted, wakfu is very anime/cartoonish... but your core audience might take offense to being
"babied" like this.

and what the hell is up with you guys using lv200 stats in that vid?... seriously... that Eni just healed
for over 400 HP.. sleep

whoever is in charge of your marketing department needs to be put in the corner to think about
what he's done... then erase these vids and start over.

0 0
Reactions 19
Score : 23

oops./

0 0
Score : 3200
Elementofchaos|2011-06-07 14:08:23
Ok, first I'd like to say that the announcer is very annoying and sells the game as if to a bunch
of 6 year olds.. this isn't teletubbies or sesame street..

Granted, wakfu is very anime/cartoonish... but your core audience might take offense to being
"babied" like this.

and what the hell is up with you guys using lv200 stats in that vid?... seriously... that Eni just healed
for over 400 HP.. sleep

whoever is in charge of your marketing department needs to be put in the corner to think about
what he's done... then erase these vids and start over.

Oh, I seen this tongue I know what you mean about that voice... He does make the game sound like its for little kids. Was watching E3 all yesterday and will be watching the live feed again today!
0 0
Score : 1316

wow, and to make matters worse.. I just found the E3 sesame street trailer and gotta say, the voice and presentation
are "inspiring" to say the least XD

0 0
Score : 993

Ch, and have to get constant army/marine advertisement if there's "combat" in the title. Kinda silly how the public spazzes out about violent video games turning into violent tendencies when at the same time the military tries to deliberate blur the line by making advertisement that look like video game trailers so they can recruit young people to blow up in the name of private industry.

0 0
Score : 4296

I've seen this before. I thought it was more "hammy" than childish. I didn't think it was that bad at all, but I can see how some players might get the wrong idea. It really needs to be coupled with a trailer with a completely different tone, though - maybe from a more competitive angle (PvP, war, etc), or discussing the threats of Stasis and extinction.

0 0
Score : 3440

Am I the only one who feels that they are being introduced to Wakfu by Timmy Turner's Dad?

0 0
Tavish-DeGroot|2011-06-07 15:15:26
Am I the only one who feels that they are being introduced to Wakfu by Timmy Turner's Dad?

lol... omg, you're right XD
0 0
Score : 2041

I can't believe that they excluded the most important factor of Wakfu, the ecosystem! That's simply amazing...

0 0
daemonlordjames|2011-06-07 16:10:23
I can't believe that they excluded the most important factor of Wakfu, the ecosystem! That's simply amazing...

umm, you realize that was labeled the "Combat Trailer" right?
if you click on the wakfu game title, you'll see more videos, including one dedicated to the ecosystem.
0 0
Score : 1079

Yeah I agree if they want to appeal to more north americans the trailers should be more intense.

0 0
Score : 3554

The combat trailer came out like a few months ago...

0 0
Score : 5781

each class has 25 "unique" spells. mellow

0 0
Johnwiddin|2011-06-07 20:46:16

lol.. spent the last few hours looking for'em.. OH, maybe they're part of an ingame secret yet to be implemented? tongue 
0 0
Score : 1291

gah, they are still using that guy for the selling it. No just no... his voice fit for telling you how to use items in rachet and clank games, but it just doesnt fit the image of wakfu at all for me D:

dang you~! Besides the voice i think it was done well enough

and it technically is 25 spells since 10 of them are class stuff, which is what they had explained in the video (although i don't know if i consider a passive a spell either hah xD)

0 0
Score : 2041
Elementofchaos|2011-06-07 16:16:33
umm, you realize that was labeled the "Combat Trailer" right?
Whoops, I looked at the title, watched the trailer, read the messages, googled "Timmy Turner's Dad," then I replied. I guess I forgot what the title was. tongue 
0 0
Score : 2

That was totally the Kingdom Hearts battle music playing in the back.

0 0
Score : 3440
Bearsharkraptorgiraffe|2011-06-08 02:13:07
That was totally the Kingdom Hearts battle music playing in the back.
Nah, that was all music from the game.
0 0
Score : 2574
Elementofchaos|2011-06-07 20:50:50

lol.. spent the last few hours looking for'em.. OH, maybe they're part of an ingame secret yet to be implemented? tongue
Three elements with 5 skills each, and 10 special skills.

I wonder what that adds up to. I think it's close to 69, but that's just my logic at work, I'd assume.
0 0
Uncommon|2011-06-08 05:50:46
Elementofchaos|2011-06-07 20:50:50

Three elements with 5 skills each, and 10 special skills.

I wonder what that adds up to. I think it's close to 69, but that's just my logic at work, I'd assume.

lol, we were poking fun at the word "unique" ~
but you seem to have other problems and may want to go back to school if you think 15+10=69 tongue 
0 0
Respond to this thread