FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

spell xp proportionate to level xp?

By June 05, 2011, 22:57:01

should i be worried about levelling up too fast and missing the chance to maximize spell xp? (if this even makes sense)

0 0
Reactions 15
Score : 1150

Nope, but if trying to lvl all 5 spells all the time then you might have a problem. (You get more spell xp the more xp you get in battle)
Best to stick with 2-3 spells.
I'm lvl 45 and rocky foot is 45 while all my other earth spells are lvl 20-35

Also being in a group helps level lower lvl spells because they can pick up the slack of the less damage from your spells.
Vice versa.

0 0
Score : 172
Ninjakittie|2011-06-05 23:02:41
Nope, but if trying to lvl all 5 spells all the time then you might have a problem. (You get more spell xp the more xp you get in battle)
I'm lvl 45 and rocky foot is 45 while all my other earth spells are lvl 20-35

Also being in a group helps level lower lvl spells because they can pick up the slack of the less damage from your spells.
Vice versa.
Thanks muchly!!

I'm a lvl 24 fire/air sac and my branches are:

fire: 22, 2, 5, 1, 20

and air: 3, 3, 1, 10, 1

I noticed you levelled up all your other earth spells to the 20 range as well. Is there a benefit to doing this rather than just focusing on 3 spells?
0 0
Score : 1150

Well, every certain amount of levels in that element will add 1% element damage, also after certain amounts of levels it will add 1% element resist. So it is a good idea to level them all.

0 0
Ninjakittie|2011-06-06 00:56:13
Well, every certain amount of levels in that element will add 1% element damage, also after certain amounts of levels it will add 1% element resist. So it is a good idea to level them all.
ooo.. thank you!!
0 0
Score : 300

Spells increase their respective elemental damage by roughly 0.4% and resists by roughly 0.2% per level.

Also, consider that spells are allocated exp based on the proportion of when they're used, not how many times you use them.

Meaning that if you use Striker once and Rocky Foot once, they will get roughly the same amount of exp. If you only attack with Striker and weapons, or spells that aren't leveled by experience, Striker will get all the spell exp for the fight. Makes it easier to level those difficult spells if you can find appropriate mobs.

0 0
Score : 1316

Honestly, you're best bet is to just use a set combo or collection of a few core moves till bout lv40ish.
Then start doing lv50+ mobs with a few friends *(3 bandits, 2-5 crows, ect...)

when fighting in these groups, have a good weapon equipped and use 4 skills, once each.
after that proceed to help your friends kill the mobs only using your weapon.

4 spells per fight seems to be the sweet spot and will grant enough bonus skill exp to level up your
skills accordingly.

basicallly, each skill will get bout 1,500+ skill exp ~ meaning you'll level up each of those four moves
one level per fight, till all of them are about level 30.

I did this on my Enu, getting all 15 spells to lv40 in bout 2 days. *(I don't like to grind, so it shouldn't take
most people as long)

0 0
Patman235|2011-06-06 02:39:56
Spells increase their respective elemental damage by roughly 0.4% and resists by roughly 0.2% per level.

Also, consider that spells are allocated exp based on the proportion of when they're used, not how many times you use them.

Meaning that if you use Striker once and Rocky Foot once, they will get roughly the same amount of exp. If you only attack with Striker and weapons, or spells that aren't leveled by experience, Striker will get all the spell exp for the fight. Makes it easier to level those difficult spells if you can find appropriate mobs.
ahhh that makes sense.. thank you!

Elementofchaos|2011-06-06 03:02:51
Honestly, you're best bet is to just use a set combo or collection of a few core moves till bout lv40ish.

when fighting in these groups, have a good weapon equipped and use 4 skills, once each.

4 spells per fight seems to be the sweet spot and will grant enough bonus skill exp to level up your
skills accordingly.

basicallly, each skill will get bout 1,500+ skill exp ~ meaning you'll level up each of those four moves

I did this on my Enu, getting all 15 spells to lv40 in bout 2 days. *(I don't like to grind, so it shouldn't take
most people as long)
wow~~ 1 level per fight? i think i'm still far from there hahahaha
0 0
Score : 266
valiantshade|2011-06-06 16:40:47
Elementofchaos|2011-06-06 03:02:51

skills accordingly.

most people as long)
wow~~ 1 level per fight? i think i'm still far from there hahahaha

Actually, you can get far more than 1 level per fight in a skill, especially if they're low; I've had a friend get 6 levels in one fight with one of his before when he first started leveling it while I was helping him kill crows. Skill XP starts going up by much, much more after level 20, so that is often considered the "sweet spot" for never-used skills for the resistance bonus.
0 0
Score : 61

Not sure that's true. Depending on the fight I may get around 5000 spell xp and say 16000 character xp. Other fights will give 200 spell xp and 10000 spell xp. The first is a ratio of around 3 character xp to 1 spell xp, whereas the second is around 50 character xp to 1 spell xp. I've attempted to test the formula for this, but it's too complex to figure out from the back end easily.
0 0
Score : 344

I don't think there really is a formula that will work on all monsters. Each monster seems to have their own unique amount of spell XP they provide. You could fight a single Tofurby and get really bad spell XP compared to fighting a single Dinky Puddly. And yet, both monsters are labelled as Lv.20.

0 0
Score : 993

some generalities I've seen

- you get more spell xp staying within your level range.
- Too high or low and it's a lower ratio of xp/spell points.
- larger mobs have way better xp/spell points.
- using lots of different spells gives way more total spell points, but a bit less for each of the spells
- damage spells, points are given by the amount of damage inflected, not by the amount it's used.
- group total level doesn't make a difference. It's the added amount from the individual monsters, which should stay within your level range

I have no idea how big the bonuses are for being in a group though

0 0
Score : 4296

The biggest problem with the XP system as it is now is that you get the best XP soloing a single, large monster roughly 150% your own level. I didn't realize how much of an effect this had until I switched from my Eni main (who almost always grouped) to some of my test Xelors and Sacriers. By soloing monsters almost twice my level, I managed to get my spells to roughly the same level as my Enis, only 10 levels ahead. This is a big blow to support characters who shine in group fights, or to builds that focus on AoE and thus fight best against multiple small monsters.

What you fight has a much bigger effect on your spell XP than how many spells you use per fight. I really hope the spell XP system gets revised, yet again.

0 0
Score : 1316
takewithfood|2011-06-07 15:46:46
The biggest problem with the XP system as it is now is that you get the best XP soloing a single, large monster roughly 150% your own level. I didn't realize how much of an effect this had until I switched from my Eni main (who almost always grouped) to some of my test Xelors and Sacriers. By soloing monsters almost twice my level, I managed to get my spells to roughly the same level as my Enis, only 10 levels ahead. This is a big blow to support characters who shine in group fights, or to builds that focus on AoE and thus fight best against multiple small monsters.

What you fight has a much bigger effect on your spell XP than how many spells you use per fight. I really hope the spell XP system gets revised, yet again.

You gotta keep in mind that the system was changed due to "How the game forced you to group, if you want good exp".
this forum and the french forum were flooded by people complaining bout this...

what's funny is that the communities figured SE-Ankama would raise the solo exp to an average and close the gap
between grouping and soloing.

HOWEVER!

lol, however.. instead of making solo exp worthwhile, they nerfed group exp to be as bad as solo exp.
now we have painfully slow leveling and no real point to group unless you decide to pick a class requireing it.
*(sadi, enu, eni, sac or eca) once they fix the burst dmg with the xelor.. he'll be forced to suffer from that poor,
poor group exp too.

and while some may say that groups get just as much exp as solo.. that maybe true, but I can solo a mob
with a cra and iop in minutes, where your group battle takes much much longer. so the exp is the same..
it's the killing speed that makes grouping useless.
0 0
Score : 4296

For me its the spell Xp that makes grouping useless. I don't mind taking longer to level up; I don't consider it a race. But I don't want to feel like I'm permanently weakening my character just because I want to hang out with my friends.

0 0
-Phish-|2011-06-07 06:50:33

Not sure that's true. Depending on the fight I may get around 5000 spell xp and say 16000 character xp. Other fights will give 200 spell xp and 10000 spell xp. The first is a ratio of around 3 character xp to 1 spell xp, whereas the second is around 50 character xp to 1 spell xp. I've attempted to test the formula for this, but it's too complex to figure out from the back end easily.
ah, so according to this it IS actually possible to have a high character level but low spell level when compared to other players for example
0 0
Respond to this thread