FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Average Cost

By Mealoha-warriorwithlove June 03, 2011, 05:26:15

To Everyone,

I've been wondering, does anyone know the average price people will have to pay to play Wakfu?
I've googled, and emailed, and even talked to people who were closed beta, they stated that it has not been posted yet.
So, does anyone know how much it is gonna cost?

0 0
Reactions 22
Score : 1895
Mealoha-warriorwithlove|2011-06-03 05:26:15
To Everyone,

I've been wondering, does anyone know the average price people will have to pay to play Wakfu?
I've googled, and emailed, and even talked to people who were closed beta, they stated that it has not been posted yet.
has not been posted yet

You answered it yourself.

We don't even know if it will cost money.
0 0
Score : 3
KayleKhan|2011-06-03 05:35:16
Mealoha-warriorwithlove|2011-06-03 05:26:15
To Everyone,

has not been posted yet

You answered it yourself.

We don't even know if it will cost money.
i think we still have an answer, with the 10 year celebration, its defenetly gonna be P2P
0 0
Score : 3

It better be p2p, a cash shop would just ruin the whole feel of the game

0 0
Score : 3554
Zachlol|2011-06-08 02:22:36
P2P would just ruin the community.
0 0
Score : 746
8BitNack|2011-06-08 04:17:09
If they get things fixed me and my friend would both pay to play this, and enjoy not seeing the mass spam I usually witness on f2p. As well as not seeing all the people in game who whine about monthlies biggrin 
0 0
Granas|2011-06-08 04:53:07
If they get things fixed me and my friend would both pay to play this, and enjoy not seeing the mass spam I usually witness on f2p. As well as not seeing all the people in game who whine about monthlies biggrin
I'm having a hard time imagining chinese gold farmers proxying their way into NA server just so they can mine ore and turn them into thousands hundreds of kamas to sell for $.

I'm actually curious how they're gonna pull it off. Gold Selling that is.
0 0
Score : 2574
Yes, I've grown fond of our ecoterrorist children as well.
0 0
Score : 746
8BitNack|2011-06-08 05:17:46
Granas|2011-06-08 04:53:07
I'm having a hard time imagining chinese gold farmers proxying their way into NA server just so they can mine ore and turn them into thousands hundreds of kamas to sell for $.

I'm actually curious how they're gonna pull it off. Gold Selling that is.
Farm items, Bazaar, ???, Profit! It's how it was done in Final Fantasy XI via auction house, it's just going to have a much higher setup time for the RMT in Wakfu, but it will occur, I have no doubts.
0 0
Score : 12558

The game will be sporting elements of Free-to-Play, but exact details and extent have not yet been announced.

0 0
Score : 1378

Just gunna toss out my opinion:

- F2P will be level capped at level 40 ish ( based on beta content ) and professions being limited.
- F2P being limited to only 6 of the characters and fewer customization options
- F2P content will be limited to Asturb and partial exploration of your nation ( landmass for level 40 and below )

- Premium having access to all characters, locations, trade, features, etc.
- Premium has a higher %exp %drop rate boost.
- Premium might have a reduced Zapp, Drago, Cannon, etc. cost to use
- Premium having incentives like First-Time-Buyer gaining an item, mount, game-booster ( like exp boost or travel accessories like town scrolls )

*P2P accounts being able to revert to a F2P server when subscription expires

Of course this is just.. my thoughts on what it could be like.
$10-15/month premium maybe?

0 0
Sociopath|2011-06-08 10:23:06

- F2P will be level capped at level 40 ish ( based on beta content ) and professions being limited.
- F2P content will be limited to Asturb and partial exploration of your nation ( landmass for level 40 and below )

- Premium having incentives like First-Time-Buyer gaining an item, mount, game-booster ( like exp boost or travel accessories like town scrolls )

Who pays 10-15$ a month to play in a game that is considered a sandbox game?
0 0
Score : 1291

I imagine it will be a similar idea to how dofus has its f2p/p2p content, but the same prices.

0 0
Score : 686
8BitNack|2011-06-08 17:13:41

The same people who paid 6$ a month per account for 8 accounts on Dofus smile

But seriously I don't understand why people wouldn't be willing to pay I approve of Sociopath's premium model. If you can't pay don't eat at Mc D's, Subway etc once a week... or get a job tongue 
0 0
Score : 427
ShijiLeetSauce|2011-06-08 22:08:41
8BitNack|2011-06-08 17:13:41

The same people who paid 6$ a month per account for 8 accounts on Dofus smile

But seriously I don't understand why people wouldn't be willing to pay I approve of Sociopath's premium model. If you can't pay don't eat at Mc D's, Subway etc once a week... or get a job tongue

For me it's all about the content and how much fun I have playing the game
that being said, unless a truck load of new content is added to the game.. I wont even play it for free after lanuch, let alone
10-15$ a month tongue

and I'm talking bout more then just copy/paste dungeons, mobs with relarded amounts of HP and useless secrets for gummy skins
I'll never use.

as of right now I'm having more fun playing FF and Ogre Tactics games then I am with the weaksauce sandbox that is wakfu.
I really can't even see how people can stand to play Dofus atm.. sorry to those that have played or still enjoy it ~ to most, it's
just not our cup of tea.
0 0
Score : 149

I'm honestly hoping for something cheap, or in the vein of a yearly fee. To be quite honest, MMO's are NOT worth the price you pay for them. Ever.

I understand the need for constant support and updating, so a steady cashflow is important for a lot of online games. Monthly fees accomplish that. But at the same time, I'd like to see a low average cost for every player, trying to make up for it with dedicated playerbase rather than, for example, World of Warcraft.

You buy not only the full price BOX, but also spend $15 a MONTH? Are you absurd? You spend what you would on an actual game at the beggining. One with a plot, gameplay, character development, RIGHT OFF THE BAT. So why have you exceeded the price of ANOTHER full price game by half a year? $77 for six months? Not even a full year of WoW and it's already chewing massive holes in your wallet.

And WoW, by all standards, has an immense amount of content compared to other MMO's.

I don't like monthly fees. Paying them annoys me, and I much prefer free games that don't penalize me heavily for not spending all of my money on them. But I do understand and accept that some games rely on that particular business model.

If Wakfu was to become a monthly fee, I would hope for something that's actually reasonable.

0 0
Giltiamesh|2011-06-08 23:17:30
I'm honestly hoping for something cheap, or in the vein of a yearly fee. To be quite honest, MMO's are NOT worth the price you pay for them. Ever.

I understand the need for constant support and updating, so a steady cashflow is important for a lot of online games. Monthly fees accomplish that. But at the same time, I'd like to see a low average cost for every player, trying to make up for it with dedicated playerbase rather than, for example, World of Warcraft.

You buy not only the full price BOX, but also spend $15 a MONTH? Are you absurd? You spend what you would on an actual game at the beggining. One with a plot, gameplay, character development, RIGHT OFF THE BAT. So why have you exceeded the price of ANOTHER full price game by half a year? $77 for six months? Not even a full year of WoW and it's already chewing massive holes in your wallet.

And WoW, by all standards, has an immense amount of content compared to other MMO's.

I don't like monthly fees. Paying them annoys me, and I much prefer free games that don't penalize me heavily for not spending all of my money on them. But I do understand and accept that some games rely on that particular business model.

If Wakfu was to become a monthly fee, I would hope for something that's actually reasonable.
You must take advantage of people's sickness if you want to fully succeed in the world of business. Humans are not smart, they're selfish and manipulative. That's how we are able to survive this long, we somehow are able to brainwash our fellow man into doing our bidding. Just look at Christianity as an example of brainwashing, and the tobacco market for capitilizing on people's addiction.

Its a sad world we live in, the ignorants are hopeful because they don't know. The depress are... depress because they know.
0 0
Score : 1378

Reason I said 10-15 is because wakfu is fairly new and they have to fun the current/future development till they get a stable member registration count.

The money wasn't even the main point of my comment :wacko:

0 0
Score : 107

I read somewhere that SE is an advocate of F2P but Ankama has had success with the monthly fees in Dofus.

I'm definitely rooting for SE! If Wakfu is F2P I wonder how a cash shop would work... there'd be stuff like a bank, exp boosts, healing thingies, revive thingies, transport thingies, costumes, pet thingies, decorations, maybe you can hire a farmer for your bag or something. There's a lot of premium content that could be sold.

Hmm... I think Wakfu should experiment with a cash shop and then go to p2p if it gets ugly.

0 0
Score : 4
YonnieMunnie|2011-06-09 17:39:14
I read somewhere that SE is an advocate of F2P but Ankama has had success with the monthly fees in Dofus.

I'm definitely rooting for SE! If Wakfu is F2P I wonder how a cash shop would work... there'd be stuff like a bank, exp boosts, healing thingies, revive thingies, transport thingies, costumes, pet thingies, decorations, maybe you can hire a farmer for your bag or something. There's a lot of premium content that could be sold.

Hmm... I think Wakfu should experiment with a cash shop and then go to p2p if it gets ugly.
I like it! and going p2p if things get crazy is funny but true.
0 0
Respond to this thread