FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

WHY IS EVERYTHING POACHING? =[

By Earthly June 02, 2011, 23:54:46
Reactions 38
Score : 92

Welp, hopefully they give new players ways to combat corrupt governors, or they may find themselves out a lot of subscribers.

0 0
Score : 47

like has been said many many many many times, amaknas gov right now is nothing but trolls

0 0
Score : 426
TheShadowLessOne|2011-06-11 03:03:53
like has been said many many many many times, amaknas gov right now is nothing but trolls

beyond that, the dev team has already said that the gov system is working as intended and will NOT change.
so get ready for the impending onslaught of griefers and abusers to ruin the game.
0 0
Score : 3

Some Devs shoulds check this out my friends and I just started back up started a guild and were having real fun with game again. Im the only one left playing they wlil not play anymore cause of this stupidity. This is going to be the biggest hard to the game people are leaving by the droves and if they dont fix it ill be out as well i dont want to play in a game where you cant even fight the creatures here. i understand doing this for mobs close to extinction but otherwise its infintile.
FIX IT i want to play the damn game

0 0
Score : 1133

Like I said in another thread the gov doesnt need to have so much control over this by just saying a species is protected rather have an preset number that the gov sets so that when the population fall below it will become poaching. This will give people incentive to stop attacking monsters and plant more so the population becomes stable once more and we as players can avoid this bull cr ap.

0 0
Score : 3

Everything is poaching for the same reason the tax is set at 70%, to piss everyone off. It's just trolling.

Hopefully at some point, zero-percent approval rating governors can be forced out of office by something other than popular election, since it's possible to set it up so that it's very hard to get a positive citizenship score the way things are. Maybe if an anti-election, where you need a certain level of LOW citizenship to participate, and can force the current governor out of office and set the thing back to a 'default' set of laws.

0 0
Score : 10

Before I say anything, it should be noted that in an interview at E3 the lead dev stated that they wouldn't change the voting system to make it a limited number of votes per IP, and that they wouldn't change the way the governor gets elected, and that the only way players could get rid of a troll governor would be to lower their approval to a point where they would be impeached.

The devs are missing something big here, people like that who get elected didn't get in to office by fair means, they had a bunch of alts vote them in to office and so no matter how bad they're gonna be it wont make a ***ing difference because they will just have their alts keep their approval up. They will never have their approval go so low that they get impeached, and to top it all off, since they keep so many things outlawed no one can gain any CP to vote, and that only makes the problem worse.

Also, listen to your damn customers Ankama we want this game to be good.

0 0
mendel|2011-06-11 14:26:40
Before I say anything, it should be noted that in an interview at E3 the lead dev stated that they wouldn't change the voting system to make it a limited number of votes per IP, and that they wouldn't change the way the governor gets elected, and that the only way players could get rid of a troll governor would be to lower their approval to a point where they would be impeached.

The devs are missing something big here, people like that who get elected didn't get in to office by fair means, they had a bunch of alts vote them in to office and so no matter how bad they're gonna be it wont make a ***ing difference because they will just have their alts keep their approval up. They will never have their approval go so low that they get impeached, and to top it all off, since they keep so many things outlawed no one can gain any CP to vote, and that only makes the problem worse.

actually, they are listening to their customers. the ones using multiple accounts to get themself elected.
we've all seen the interview and the best way to explain why they're doing this is simple, they want money.

people that rig elections still have to have multiple accounts to make full use of the election process.
not to mention the game was designed to cater to this mentality. just look at group exp, your haven
bag selling/playing limitations, ect.

so to them, the players that have multiple accounts are more valuable then those without and they
refuse to punish such customers.
0 0
Score : 453
DaLegion|2011-06-11 16:08:09
actually, they are listening to their customers. the ones using multiple accounts to get themself elected.
we've all seen the interview and the best way to explain why they're doing this is simple, they want money.

people that rig elections still have to have multiple accounts to make full use of the election process.
not to mention the game was designed to cater to this mentality. just look at group exp, your haven

so to them, the players that have multiple accounts are more valuable then those without and they

I highly doubt it. That's an incredibly conspiritorial conclusion because it's so short-sighted. I do not believe that a company, with at least average-level functioning adults, and employees with college degrees and years of experience in business would value the griever over the normal subscribers. A troll may have multiple accounts now because they are, essentially, free, but he can affect a larger number of actual players than there are alts. When the game is released you are most likely going to need a subscription to vote in the government, which would make creating multiple accounts just to grief the government unfeasable (maybe, if this were a more popular game with a bigger playerbase, but it isn't, so it won't happen unless the troll is pants-on-head-stupid.)

Now, the part you don't seem to realize is that the Amakna govenor didn't get into power through multiple accounts, but multiple characters on two accounts (which is all you need, and the other account doesn't need to be owned by you, in fact it could be a friend's.) Simply make that person a criminal and farm them for CP until they get 100. Depending on how many CP is gained by attacking a criminal, farming votes could go quickly or slowly. And that's roughly 4 votes for however long it takes to grind up 100 CP. Most likely, the govenor and his guild worked in tandem to snipe the ballot because it does take a decent amount of time to get through Incarnum, and then kill some poor criminal scrub.

So that's three factors, time, money and patience that would work to deter any potential trolls from doing what was done here. The time and patience parts will always be there, but the money factor will become an issue once the game is released. So, from the perspective of a game designer, which is better? Wait until the game is released and keep the design element that took you months to implement and tweak, or quickly nerf out hours of time simply because one town on one server on the other side of the world happened to have a troll who exploited the game in a certain way? In fact, Ankama is probably wondering why all the Amakna folks who are whining about the issue haven't gotten together, formed their own guild, and raised a bunch of alts to impeach the governor. Certainly there would be more alts in this new guild to outweigh the voting power of the Goon Squad, now wouldn't there? Except no, people whined about it and quit the game, so... There's your problem.

Limiting votes to 1 for every 2 characters in your account is my suggestion, personally. Also keep in mind that if this weren't beta, and Brakmar were released, everyone outraged would become criminals, join Brakmar, and just kill the governor.
0 0
Score : 112

I also thought someone said that it happened in part because there was only one person on the ballot, so people hadn't bothered to vote. That will hopefully not happen again until this particular kick to the pants is forgotten.

0 0
Orphansmith|2011-06-12 00:31:47

I highly doubt it. That's an incredibly conspiritorial conclusion because it's so short-sighted. I do not believe that a company, with at least average-level functioning adults, and employees with college degrees and years of experience in business would value the griever over the normal subscribers. A troll may have multiple accounts now because they are, essentially, free, but he can affect a larger number of actual players than there are alts. When the game is released you are most likely going to need a subscription to vote in the government, which would make creating multiple accounts just to grief the government unfeasable (maybe, if this were a more popular game with a bigger playerbase, but it isn't, so it won't happen unless the troll is pants-on-head-stupid.)

Now, the part you don't seem to realize is that the Amakna govenor didn't get into power through multiple accounts, but multiple characters on two accounts (which is all you need, and the other account doesn't need to be owned by you, in fact it could be a friend's.) Simply make that person a criminal and farm them for CP until they get 100. Depending on how many CP is gained by attacking a criminal, farming votes could go quickly or slowly. And that's roughly 4 votes for however long it takes to grind up 100 CP. Most likely, the govenor and his guild worked in tandem to snipe the ballot because it does take a decent amount of time to get through Incarnum, and then kill some poor criminal scrub.

So that's three factors, time, money and patience that would work to deter any potential trolls from doing what was done here. The time and patience parts will always be there, but the money factor will become an issue once the game is released. So, from the perspective of a game designer, which is better? Wait until the game is released and keep the design element that took you months to implement and tweak, or quickly nerf out hours of time simply because one town on one server on the other side of the world happened to have a troll who exploited the game in a certain way? In fact, Ankama is probably wondering why all the Amakna folks who are whining about the issue haven't gotten together, formed their own guild, and raised a bunch of alts to impeach the governor. Certainly there would be more alts in this new guild to outweigh the voting power of the Goon Squad, now wouldn't there? Except no, people whined about it and quit the game, so... There's your problem.

Limiting votes to 1 for every 2 characters in your account is my suggestion, personally. Also keep in mind that if this weren't beta, and Brakmar were released, everyone outraged would become criminals, join Brakmar, and just kill the governor.

You obviously have no idea what's going on. so I'll explain it to you.
the current gov got 50 votes in under 1 hour. I hate to break it to you, but that would take more then two accounts.
being that he was voted in and WON using these alt accounts, there's no way to vote him out as his alts out number
the other voters.

also you CAN'T vote to impeach the gov if you didn't vote in the election. hence why people quit rather then deal with a
stupid RP system that was spefically built to grief other players.

now, you may bring up the point of people having to "pay to play" that many accounts. and for that, you actually
prove my point. the french devs have already stated the gov system is working as intended and they will NOT change
the voting system to limit it in any way. so it will stay 1 vote per character.

looking back at my conclusion, you can see why they decided to keep it that way.
or perhaps I should spell it out for you?

MONEY!
0 0
Score : 265

Maybe people would care more about your extremely butthurt opinion of Ankama if you stopped mashing your Return key and learned to type. It's not a typewriter. Stop it.

0 0
Enzan|2011-06-12 04:37:55
Maybe people would care more about your extremely butthurt opinion of Ankama if you stopped mashing your Return key and learned to type. It's not a typewriter. Stop it.

wait. who are you? oh that's right, I don't care tongue
get off your high horse or get a job as you clearly have too much time on your hands to be
critiquing someone on how often they use the return key.
0 0
Score : 5778

guys..

guys..

wait hear me out.

guys

what if we

guys

what if we just don't give a *** and kill the stuff anyway? What's the worst that could happen? Emeath rolls up and slaps his *** all over you? Woopedy do.

0 0
Score : 113
Johnwiddin|2011-06-12 06:08:09
guys..

guys..

wait hear me out.

guys

what if we

guys

what if we just don't give a *** and kill the stuff anyway? What's the worst that could happen? Emeath rolls up and slaps his *** all over you? Woopedy do.

The problem is way too many people are like "Woot easy CP *attack*". Thats the only reason this is an issue at all.
0 0
Score : 453
DaLegion|2011-06-12 04:15:12

the current gov got 50 votes in under 1 hour. I hate to break it to you, but that would take more then two accounts.
being that he was voted in and WON using these alt accounts, there's no way to vote him out as his alts out number
the other voters.

also you CAN'T vote to impeach the gov if you didn't vote in the election. hence why people quit rather then deal with a

now, you may bring up the point of people having to "pay to play" that many accounts. and for that, you actually
prove my point. the french devs have already stated the gov system is working as intended and they will NOT change

looking back at my conclusion, you can see why they decided to keep it that way.

MONEY!

Finally, a friend in all this madness! Your insightful knowledge is like a waterfall collapsing on the tongue of a parched man disease ridden and beaten by desert winds!

As my new friend I will assist you as well. You see, when you wrote that the current government won by a significant number of votes, not possible for one man to accomplish in the span of an hour, I believe the part of my post that said "The govenor and his guild worked in tandem." That is an important piece to this puzzle, and it is very disheartening to see things such as "what I wrote and not what you ignored or just made up" tumbling out of your head, good chum. It must be awfully embarassing to go about helping people when you yourself seem to be in need of quite a bit of help. If we're spelling things out for each other, allow me to add a vivarium of thought for your open mind: whether or not one needs to pay for an account or not has no correlation to something a developer might have said previously about the system working as intended. The system is quite a separate entity from the gate in which one has access to a system. The local zoo may have tigers, and you may find those tigers a dangerous thing to have nearby where they can roam free and dine on the flesh of children, but whether or not a zoo has tigers has no relation to the cost of admission into the zoo (particularly because tigers are not known for paying for anything!) And the zoo keepers do need to make a profit from the zoo in some capacity, otherwise the zoo will break down and then we WILL have tigers eating babies and children and small housepets right and left like some tiger themed carnival of flesh, and I am thoroughly convinced that such an event would be most terrible as many of us like our flesh just the way it is (my apologies if you happen to be a leper.)

Back on point, to simply decry that the developers are out for a quick cash grab because they value trolls who have multiple accounts... I don't know, but your argument only makes sense if trolls have exorbant amount of money to spend on a game that only a few people care about. It also only makes sense if the developers don't have your inordinant amount of wisdom into the matter, as any simpleton can see that if you increase the number of trolls then everyone will leave and the developers would be out of money. You don't need to say it, but I've already come to the conclusion that with your incredibly experience and wisdom on the subject you have already created several online amusements, and regularly make large returns on your electronic investments. I will weep for you at the ignorance of the French.

Those stupid, stupid, poor French bastards...
0 0
Orphansmith|2011-06-12 20:06:37
DaLegion|2011-06-12 04:15:12

the other voters.

MONEY!

Finally, a friend in all this madness! Your insightful knowledge is like a waterfall collapsing on the tongue of a parched man disease ridden and beaten by desert winds!

As my new friend I will assist you as well. You see, when you wrote that the current government won by a significant number of votes, not possible for one man to accomplish in the span of an hour, I believe the part of my post that said "The govenor and his guild worked in tandem." That is an important piece to this puzzle, and it is very disheartening to see things such as "what I wrote and not what you ignored or just made up" tumbling out of your head, good chum. It must be awfully embarassing to go about helping people when you yourself seem to be in need of quite a bit of help. If we're spelling things out for each other, allow me to add a vivarium of thought for your open mind: whether or not one needs to pay for an account or not has no correlation to something a developer might have said previously about the system working as intended. The system is quite a separate entity from the gate in which one has access to a system. The local zoo may have tigers, and you may find those tigers a dangerous thing to have nearby where they can roam free and dine on the flesh of children, but whether or not a zoo has tigers has no relation to the cost of admission into the zoo (particularly because tigers are not known for paying for anything!) And the zoo keepers do need to make a profit from the zoo in some capacity, otherwise the zoo will break down and then we WILL have tigers eating babies and children and small housepets right and left like some tiger themed carnival of flesh, and I am thoroughly convinced that such an event would be most terrible as many of us like our flesh just the way it is (my apologies if you happen to be a leper.)

Back on point, to simply decry that the developers are out for a quick cash grab because they value trolls who have multiple accounts... I don't know, but your argument only makes sense if trolls have exorbant amount of money to spend on a game that only a few people care about. It also only makes sense if the developers don't have your inordinant amount of wisdom into the matter, as any simpleton can see that if you increase the number of trolls then everyone will leave and the developers would be out of money. You don't need to say it, but I've already come to the conclusion that with your incredibly experience and wisdom on the subject you have already created several online amusements, and regularly make large returns on your electronic investments. I will weep for you at the ignorance of the French.

Those stupid, stupid, poor French bastards...

ok, I'll admit I lost interest in your post bout 3 sentences in. that being said, I did skip across it a bit and read at the end, I'm glad you agree with me that the french
are being stupid.

it doesn't take a genius to figure out that what ankama is doing is not only wrong but ignorant as well.
but looking at the business model for dofus, you shouldn't be surprised.

now that we're friends, a little friendly advice. try to make your paragraphs a little easier to read as one
gets lost when there are no "breaths" in your verbiage.
0 0
Score : 113

I chose the easy solution to this problem.....I switched to bonta >.>

0 0
Score : 158
mendel|2011-06-11 14:26:40

IT'S JUST LIKE REAL POLITICS! XD
0 0
Respond to this thread