FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Wakfu failed?

By August 23, 2012, 03:41:08
Reactions 37
Score : 483
Butterflyx|2012-08-23 20:58:14
Ankama should merge the least populated servers together, or add them to the international one.
For the subscription model, they should open one free to play server with pay to win cash shop, so all those non-willing to subscribe players can play there and spend their money there. Believe it or not, Ankama would earn much more Kamas from this "f2p" server...
agree!!! They should open this server and see which one earn more money, or have more players...
0 0
Score : 14

As a newcomer, i will give my point of view.

Wakfu is a amazing game, i begun somedays ago (i played a little during BETA as well) and i really love the game style and concepts. In fact i liked the f2p content with zinit and everything.

The main problem for sure is the playerbase. In Remington is impossible to not fell lonely.
Add to that the fact that in Wakfu you need groups to train fast and explore new content.
Another "problem" is the cannibalization between Dofus and Wakfu. Although the games have their differences, at first they look pretty similar and they both virtually dispute the same players.

As a player i hate cash servers, besides i dont think this would solve the problem at all.

My suggestion would be merging the premium account status between Dofus and Wakfu. This may sound radical but i really think it makes sense. As a player who reached Dofus end game content, i have to say that sometimes i get bored in Dofus. A lot of friends feel the same and if they had the option to come to Wakfu in their tedious moments.

Merging some servers is also a option.

Good Luck to you Ankama, i really like your games and wish you the best.

Sorry for my bad english.

0 0
Test-Healer|2012-08-23 23:52:51
As a newcomer, i will give my point of view.

Wakfu is a amazing game, i begun somedays ago (i played a little during BETA as well) and i really love the game style and concepts. In fact i liked the f2p content with zinit and everything.

The main problem for sure is the playerbase. In Remington is impossible to not fell lonely.
Add to that the fact that in Wakfu you need groups to train fast and explore new content.
Another "problem" is the cannibalization between Dofus and Wakfu. Although the games have their differences, at first they look pretty similar and they both virtually dispute the same players.

As a player i hate cash servers, besides i dont think this would solve the problem at all.

My suggestion would be merging the premium account status between Dofus and Wakfu. This may sound radical but i really think it makes sense. As a player who reached Dofus end game content, i have to say that sometimes i get bored in Dofus. A lot of friends feel the same and if they had the option to come to Wakfu in their tedious moments.

Merging some servers is also a option.

Good Luck to you Ankama, i really like your games and wish you the best.

Sorry for my bad english.
they don't need to merge, they need to stop this premium system and make a f2p game, with attractive items to buy with CASH, so like this they won't lose money, maybe get more, and alot of players will start to play, excluding the problem of "loneliness".
0 0
Score : 1504

Fun fact ankama is turning a profit with current model otherwise we wouldnt have it simple economics folk's. Turning the servers into f2p with cash shop items would literally rape the idea of open world nearly everything in current boutique not counting the makas are only for show and theres a reason for it

The wakfu economics is complitly player based introducing cash shop with neat items would kill the economy. Besides f2p would atract bots and lots of em.

0 0
Score : 906
MikaeYami|2012-08-24 06:33:44
Fun fact ankama is turning a profit with current model otherwise we wouldnt have it simple economics folk's. Turning the servers into f2p with cash shop items would literally rape the idea of open world nearly everything in current boutique not counting the makas are only for show and theres a reason for it

The wakfu economics is complitly player based introducing cash shop with neat items would kill the economy. Besides f2p would atract bots and lots of em.

exactly! Bots, people cutting down and killing everything , and more asshole players.P2P is the perfect solution ,and 6 euros is nothing compared to other amount games charge tongue 
1 0
Score : 834

wakfu failed on 90% for me now.
im so dissapoint, cause finaly i stop grinding and realize that there is nothing to do exept exp grind.

with next september patch i'll make choise - will i resub or not :/

0 0

they should offer more advantages to premium members, and not just allow them to play the game, if they want to keep this premium system. They should allow everyone to play the game. The ones whose chosen to buy the premium membership would gain bonus like EXP boost, access to a better haven bag, free transport, etc. Theese utile things which is not necessary to play the game. The premium membership would be an item like any other in the CASH shop, which would have alot of interesting items... Adopting this system, Wakfu would be a dream...

0 0
Score : 173
Franchoise|2012-08-27 18:00:14
they should offer more advantages to premium members, and not just allow them to play the game, if they want to keep this premium system. They should allow everyone to play the game. The ones whose chosen to buy the premium membership would gain bonus like EXP boost, access to a better haven bag, free transport, etc. Theese utile things which is not necessary to play the game. The premium membership would be an item like any other in the CASH shop, which would have alot of interesting items... Adopting this system, Wakfu would be a dream...
So you are saying they should turn wakfu into a pay to win game ? I mean i also think they should give us f2p players some abilities but exp boost for p2p is a little bit overkill
0 0

Yes. Unless everyone could play, and EXP boost is an option, you would pay for it. It doesn't make you stronger than others, but you need to work less... I'm sure that would have alot of player in the same level as yours. Some abilities? They should make the world of twelve 100% free.

0 0
Score : 3198

The reason why f2p is so limited is because in Dofus bots are, or were, a big problem. This was back when you farmed resources in order to scroll your character, but they recently changed it so only Dopples / PvP allow individuals to scroll. Astrub was always flooded with bots grinding mobs and while I think on Wakfu this wouldn't be a problem (because basically everything found in Astrub is useless), I would hate for this game to go completely f2p.

Why? Because of the sudden influx of bots. If you think the economy is bad now, just wait for it to hit rock bottom after scores of bots farm x resource and y set.

I believe f2p should be a little better, an extra dungeon or two (give them piwi for crying out loud!), a bigger area and access to all professions (with a cap on them, say, 30, like Dofus).

f2p sucked in Dofus for the longest time and it was still successful, so Wakfu can do the same. If all else fails fusing two servers together will be complicated and lengthy, but maybe necessary. Furthermore I would hate for Wakfu to become a "pay to win", we have makas, sure, but lets leave it at that.

I suppose when you've been with Ankama for as long as I have, all the bugs and delayed content doesn't faze you as much laugh.

1 0

ye, think it would be too much better. They would sell good advantages, "pay to win" is still a little greedy because could affect some weaker/poor players, but is compreensive. This is selling CASH/ogrines. But this kind of premium membership is selling the game. Who doesn't buy can't do almost nothing. And Wakfu/Dofus should be a free game, because it doesn't have the same... Let's not say quality, but the postage, or the fame as Diablo III (for exemple), or TERA. And Diablo you pay and play forever, Wakfu/Dofus you need to keep buying, and this isn't good for Ankama, because players realize that. They also realize that Ankama is extremely greedy. They write really big in their foreheads. When you buy ogrines, they expire, and before you buy, they doesn't warn you. I mean, there is a guide for ogrines, i know. But not everyone haves the patience to just open it, why read it whole? This is a really important information and they hide it, so our ogrines can expire (they warn you before it will expire, but for someone who will travel, and have ogrines in account? And someone who stop playing and back before a while?) and we buy more. I think they should be a little more discrete...

0 0
Franchoise|2012-08-28 00:41:55
ye, think it would be too much better. They would sell good advantages, "pay to win" is still a little greedy because could affect some weaker/poor players, but is compreensive. This is selling CASH/ogrines. But this kind of premium membership is selling the game. Who doesn't buy can't do almost nothing. And Wakfu/Dofus should be a free game, because it doesn't have the same... Let's not say quality, but the postage, or the fame as Diablo III (for exemple), or TERA. And Diablo you pay and play forever, Wakfu/Dofus you need to keep buying, and this isn't good for Ankama, because players realize that. They also realize that Ankama is extremely greedy. They write really big in their foreheads. When you buy ogrines, they expire, and before you buy, they doesn't warn you. I mean, there is a guide for ogrines, i know. But not everyone haves the patience to just open it, why read it whole? This is a really important information and they hide it, so our ogrines can expire (they warn you before it will expire, but for someone who will travel, and have ogrines in account? And someone who stop playing and back before a while?) and we buy more. I think they should be a little more discrete...

Once again, bots will ravage this game, so I'm against completely against making it F2P and with a cash shop. As it stands hitting 105 is rather easy, it's getting your set that can be a challenge.

Dofus and Wakfu are rather unique in the MMO field due to the whole turn based tactical aspect.. There are many classes to play and a hell of a lot to achieve (when the cap is eventually increased and content is released, this will become apparent). You cannot compare big companies with flashy games to Ankama, but, if you are throw in WoW and how they have a subscribe based system or Runescape etc. Apples and oranges my friend. Dofus has multiple servers and is a rather successful game, the sheer amount of subscribers proves this.. why would they make it F2P? That's silly. Wakfu is still just a baby, it will grow.

I'm pretty sure Ogrines expire after several months and if you bothered reading the guide, it might actually tell you... you can't blame personal laziness on Ankama. But I do agree there should be a warning.. I wouldn't call it greed, just miscommunication.

You call Ankama greedy because they charge for a unique game, but you're also being greedy by demanding everything should be free.

Lastly Ankama is known for their serious lack of support, delayed content and rollbacks xD, so if you're going to play Wakfu, expect all of the above happy.
0 0

they're known for their lack of support, and we pay expensive to play their game. They ARE greedy. The minimum they could do is turn the Ogrines in permanent. I mean, give me a reason that why would Ogrines expire? Greed. The minimum they could do is warn people before buying it. Minimum. Why do you think bot would ravage this game? Flood? Is this a motive?

You say amount of subscribes... It doesn't prove anything. In the open beta, the number of players were too much bigger, and now, you hardly find a player walking out of astrub (even in astrub). Players are complaining of this. Ankama claimed the lack of players too. And this doesn't help who wants to subscribe, subscribe. They make too difficult to play Wakfu. There is lack of player now, you need to buy it for a determinated time, what leaves you undecised (like in Dofus, where a bought 1year subs and spent 2months, i was new), bad support (like a friend of mine, that was hacked and they did nothing), and you don't know what the hell they'll do with your characters (like in Brazil, where they deleted all chars from some Dofus players, and like in the proper Wakfu Beta). (and Wakfu isn't a baby... If i'm not mistaken, it was released in 2009 or 2010...)

When you say ravage, you show yourself completely blind. I'm protesting for a thing that would be better not just for you or for me, but all of us. And you say that bots would "ravage" this game, like it was a impossible thing to endure.

0 0
Franchoise|2012-08-28 01:42:49
they're known for their lack of support, and we pay expensive to play their game. They ARE greedy. The minimum they could do is turn the Ogrines in permanent. I mean, give me a reason that why would Ogrines expire? Greed. The minimum they could do is warn people before buying it. Minimum. Why do you think bot would ravage this game? Flood? Is this a motive?

You say amount of subscribes... It doesn't prove anything. In the open beta, the number of players were too much bigger, and now, you hardly find a player walking out of astrub (even in astrub). Players are complaining of this. Ankama claimed the lack of players too. And this doesn't help who wants to subscribe, subscribe. They make too difficult to play Wakfu. There is lack of player now, you need to buy it for a determinated time, what leaves you undecised (like in Dofus, where a bought 1year subs and spent 2months, i was new), bad support (like a friend of mine, that was hacked and they did nothing), and you don't know what the hell they'll do with your characters (like in Brazil, where they deleted all chars from some Dofus players, and like in the proper Wakfu Beta). (and Wakfu isn't a baby... If i'm not mistaken, it was released in 2009 or 2010...)

When you say ravage, you show yourself completely blind. I'm protesting for a thing that would be better not just for you or for me, but all of us. And you say that bots would "ravage" this game, like it was a impossible thing to endure.

Oh please.

Support has always been an issue, and I'm not going to argue, it's shit and needs improving, but apparently the French aren't as big on the whole customer support thing (or so I've been told). Basic common sense, bots = destroying the eco, greatly reducing the price of the already ridiculously low items / set and creating lag.
No idea about ogrines, of course the Ankama wants to make money in any way, shape or form that they can why else would they create a game and charge for it? It could be considered greedy, sure, but why would you buy 1 billion ogrines when you don't need that many? But hey, simple solution coming your way, buy ogrines equal the amount you need! I know, crazy right? If you have remaining ogrines, buy a maka or two, thank me later.

Subscribers in DOFUS, not Wakfu. As I said, buff F2P content by throwing them a bone, in the form of a few extra dungeons and access to professions, of course. Making the game F2P with pay2win is not that answer.. furthermore it will never happen, so I'm not sure why you keep beating the dead horse. Wakfu was released this year, I know because I subbed my Osa on day one for a year, BETA has been going for years and some might say still in process. BETA is BETA, they can do what they wish, it's not the actual game. My level 200 Osa was hacked when the Dofus servers were taken down, I never received compensation, and yet here I am.

And you show yourself completely ignorant. This is a government-eco based game, F2P voting and destroying the eco is not the way to go. Bots will ravage the game, if you can't see that, well, you're equally as blind. As I said before, nothing will change regardless how much you rant and rave.. pushing for a free game with a shop won't happen, if you don't like Wakfu, move on, it's pretty simple.
0 0
Zadistforlife|2012-08-28 05:06:30
Oh please.

Support has always been an issue, and I'm not going to argue, it's shit and needs improving, but apparently the French aren't as big on the whole customer support thing (or so I've been told). Basic common sense, bots = destroying the eco, greatly reducing the price of the already ridiculously low items / set and creating lag.
No idea about ogrines, of course the Ankama wants to make money in any way, shape or form that they can why else would they create a game and charge for it? It could be considered greedy, sure, but why would you buy 1 billion ogrines when you don't need that many? But hey, simple solution coming your way, buy ogrines equal the amount you need! I know, crazy right? If you have remaining ogrines, buy a maka or two, thank me later.

Subscribers in DOFUS, not Wakfu. As I said, buff F2P content by throwing them a bone, in the form of a few extra dungeons and access to professions, of course. Making the game F2P with pay2win is not that answer.. furthermore it will never happen, so I'm not sure why you keep beating the dead horse. Wakfu was released this year, I know because I subbed my Osa on day one for a year, BETA has been going for years and some might say still in process. BETA is BETA, they can do what they wish, it's not the actual game. My level 200 Osa was hacked when the Dofus servers were taken down, I never received compensation, and yet here I am.

And you show yourself completely ignorant. This is a government-eco based game, F2P voting and destroying the eco is not the way to go. Bots will ravage the game, if you can't see that, well, you're equally as blind. As I said before, nothing will change regardless how much you rant and rave.. pushing for a free game with a shop won't happen, if you don't like Wakfu, move on, it's pretty simple.
Now your argument is "move on"? "That will never happen"? We're discussing this topic days ago, and you say this. I won't move on, when you like a thing, worth fight for it, doesn't matter the results. Maybe will never happen, but i don't mind. Happening or not, i'm expressing myself.
The way to stop the "eco terrorism" is creating more resources (like plants etc) or aware the players. Not just eliminate them. This is ignorant. this is a bad pratical way. And in the beta, i could extract resources pretty well. Maybe sometimes was hard, but it was fun, in my opinion.

There is a whole system in price reduction. If the items are with low price, you will not gain too much money but you will buy for a low price too. This doesn't change anything. Creating lag... i'll ignore this fact.

1 billion ogrines? Well, i won't defend my point of view, but if they put 1 billion ogrines in the shop, they want to sell it. So, are you telling me they're beying dumb? We don't need to buy it cause we don't need it, so like this they can keep this temporal Ogrine system? And if i want to buy, if i think i need 1 billion ogrines? My opinion is that they should know how to take money from the players without leaving them undecised before buying and without showing themselves so greedy. This is bad for them, and one more positive motive to me to come here and say that this system isn't good, even for the players and have a bad side for them too.
0 0

You ignore my points and just focus on the ones you can twist, but okay. A F2P, pay2win Wakfu won't happen, simply because that's not how Ankama runs things. Self expression is always a good thing, and I'm not slamming you for it, but you can rant and rave all you want and nothing is going to change, at least, not in this aspect. There's already a whole lot of eco terrorism going on with the minimal players we already have, and sure, a dedicated few players repair said destruction.. now imagine it on a wider scale, most plants / animals will be extinct.

You clearly don't know how bots work, so I'll just ignore this fact, as you said. I'll assume you've never played Dofus and have been F2P whilst doing so, thus you don't understand where I'm getting at. Lag is lag, annoying and tiresome.

It's called hyperbole, you know, to get my point across. I meant why buy, say, 40,000 ogrines when you only need 20,000? You can buy 20,000 and later on by the remaining 20,000 if you need it, be logical, don't hoard. Now that you know ogrines expire, I imagine you'll do so. In short buy what you'll use. I don't know where you're getting indecision from, but hey, if an individual decides to buy a lot of ogrines and doesn't know what to do with them, that's the said person's fault.

If you read the page explaining the ogrines and how they expire you would be more careful with the amount you purchase. Sure it's greedy of ankama in a sense, but it's also pure laziness on your part, so eh. Ankama is a company, they want money like any other company. Do you get angry at takeaway food shops because the food eventually goes off?

The most logical thing to do would be to buff the F2P aspect of the game. I can only repeat myself, more dungeons, slightly more content and the ability to use professions to a degree (capped at, say, 30). Allow trading between F2P characters and create new recipes for the mats dropped in Astrub. In a perfect world Ankama would have realized this sooner and have done something.

0 0
Score : 8

I played this game at the beta tests and I understand the pain of coming back to the game and realize that the number os players got lower because of the multiple servers, but I beleave that the game can get past that if they manage to create a better system of quests and creating, maybe, a free trial with an limitated time. But I would be pretty happy if they could merge some low running servers with the international one.

I know that you are upset, Franchoise, for buying the game for a limitated time, but R$15,00 for month is a nice price and you can try a lot of things in the game. I also lost characters when the game officially launched.

I really don`t think that this game would work well with the game was free to play with a cash system, because the cash shop would have itens and gears that would turn the game even less competitive. I really don´t think that this game is mature yet, is like I am playing the beta tests yet, but I beleave that it will get more fans with time.

0 0
Score : 7682

Funny thing you guys are stating. I used to play on 2 accounts as p2p / dual clienting, then my brother joined, shortly he quit bcz he said that the game sucks ass. So now I'm 3x clienting as p2p. I know a lot of people (and i mean a lot) who either dualbox or simply have more than 1 p2p account. (If you are not a child who's Wakfu sub money depends on their parents income, then you will soon realize that 20eu's / month means nothing)
Wakfu is rather cpu dependent so not everyone can really afford to dualbox. You either have a high spec pc / or you own 2 pc's. / See the unfairness in there /

Why do I play more accounts?

1. Nobody said I can't.
2. Server population is low, I'm not the patient type who w8's for someone to form a party.
3. Grinding is way faster, some people just don't know how to play this game.
4.The server population is low.

Oh and another thing, the cash shop. Breaking the game? Please, Wakfu is one of the most flawed games I've ever seen by far, a p2w cash shop wouldn't change a lot.

PS: If you really hate to see bots that much . . . just . . . pk them or smthin' o.O You don't have to cry about it in the forums.

0 -1
Respond to this thread