FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Just 1 question about Wakfu

By Foju - MEMBER - January 21, 2011, 19:38:01

is it going to be open world or Instanced?

I have been reading about Wakfu for the past 3 hours, and while i do get lots of feature about Wakfu, but yeah, is it Open World?

also i understand that in Wakfu, Mobs can go extinct?

what will happen to a new player that join the game after 3 years of release to find out that, all the mobs in the database are mostly not
there anymore?
do they have some sort of a reincarnation for Mobs? say Mob A goes extinct, will there be new species to replace the extincted Mobs?

0 0
Reactions 7
Score : 8829

It's open, with instanced dungeons.

The world is divided up into zones, and each zone has specific creatures and plants. A creature can go extinct within its zone, but could be re-seeded by a player taking animal-seeds from a different zone with the same creature, but not a new creature that is not native to the zone. Theoretically if all creatures of one type across all zones went extinct, then they'd be extinct from the server... but you can gather animal-seeds from the animals you find inside the instanced dungeons and re-seed the population... but you'd need a key to enter the dungeon, and keys only drop from creatures found outside.

(p.s. that's more than 1 question)

0 0
Score : 544
GoldfishGod|2011-01-21 20:29:25
It's open, with instanced dungeons.

The world is divided up into zones, and each zone has specific creatures and plants. A creature can go extinct within its zone, but could be re-seeded by a player taking animal-seeds from a different zone with the same creature, but not a new creature that is not native to the zone. Theoretically if all creatures of one type across all zones went extinct, then they'd be extinct from the server... but you can gather animal-seeds from the animals you find inside the instanced dungeons and re-seed the population... but you'd need a key to enter the dungeon, and keys only drop from creatures found outside.

(p.s. that's more than 1 question)

Weren't there going to be hidden spawns that prevented that from happening completely? I guess there are always server resets XD
0 0
Score : 1794

Thanks for answering, haha yeah, it;s more than 1 question i know =P

but i am very interested  to try this out! Sounds fun

also, i would like to know, how good was the Community in Dofus?

because i figure that in Wakfu, probably 60% of the players will be from Dofus

0 0
Score : 1159

I was curious about the extinction thing as well!
I am making it my duty to collect a few seeds from every type of monster just incase ;D 

And maybe 60% is a bit high? Some, well, more like most of my friends in dofus aren't even going to look at wakfu when it comes out >.<
buuut this is just my pool of friends so it could be 60 or even higher for all I know tongue

0 0
Score : 8

I must say I was amazed with the politics and ecosystem concepts when I first saw them, definitely one of the best things I have seen lately in mmorpgs. Now just need to wait to see it in game biggrin

0 0
Score : 166

But Warchief Gobbals allready extinct.
So what i have seeds of Warchiefs if i cant "plant" them anymore?!

0 0
Score : 4904

you need gobbal seeds that you can get from the first gobbal area wink (you can get the trapper prof from the wolf CM in Icarnam) smile

0 0
Respond to this thread