FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Translation Errors?

By Jrmint - MEMBER - January 12, 2011, 08:28:27

Don't know if its premature to post this, as there is still a fair bit that is untranslated? Just noticing that quite a few Cra spells have incorrect descriptions. The effects listed with the numerical effects are accurate.

Air Spells:
A lot of them still reference water.
Windy Beacon doesn't freeze enemies
Absorbtive arrow doesn't heal.
Blizzard arrow doen't match either

Fire Spells: (haven't used any of these yet)
Illuminating arrow causes blindness
Blindness arrow  causes immolation

Support  Spells:
Retreat arrow actually destroys beacons (+ a damage boost)
Black Ice arrow converts remaining mp to bonus critical chance.
Pricision Beacon and Impeding arrow still read like they're active spells. (Actually not sure if impeding arrow functions as described?)

0 0
Reactions 5
Score : 8830

yea, there are a lot of translation errors... I like the one where the option to start a profession test reads as if you've already done it (something like "I've succesfully done my test").

0 0
Score : 515

there's no need to report this smile i guess this is just something they mashed up quickly to make it playable for us. Half of the conversations aren't translated yet either.

0 0
Score : 8830
Jrmint|2011-01-12 08:28:27
Precision Beacon and Impeding arrow still read like they're active spells. (Actually not sure if impeding arrow functions as described?)

I've put some rough notes on the Iop/Cra wiki pages under their spell-lists (based on retranslating the real French text, rather than this mangled official English translation)

I think for these two, Precision Beacon gives a chance that your attack hits twice, and Impeding Arrow is give a chance to avoid melee attacks (the English names are old translations too, but at least we're all on the same page with those)
0 0
Score : 1780

Your spoiler about the fire of love in the other thread is correct Goldfish. Funny thing is, when you go to light a candle the mouse-over says 'milk'. I'd have to check again, but doesn't it say some thing else, for milking gobblettes? Also seems a little weird the trappers 'steal' from dead corpses.

Like a total mish mash of correct translations, odd literal translations and stuff that's just totally off.

0 0
Score : 1193

Knonaut already said that the reason spells reference incorrect things is because they're using old translations.  The purpose of the test was to test the code and translations aren't the highest priority.  That being said, you're going to see a bunch of wrong or untranslated things.

0 0
Respond to this thread