FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Beta Signup

By TheKhaosTheory January 07, 2011, 03:34:33

Question : I have been playing Dofus for some time, and a while back wanted to sign up for the Wakfu beta, but the interface on the English Wakfu main page doesn't seem to allow me to do so with my existing account. I could find no supplementary link to sign up for beta access without making a whole new account with a whole new email and such. Anyone know the remedy to this? Do i need to somehow navigate the french site to sign up? If it makes any difference, I am interested in helping beta test the MAC client as I don't own any PCs. I have background as a beta tester for World of Warcraft, Starcraft 2, and some various other titles.

I want to emphasize that I completely understand the devs aren't currently giving more noobs like me beta access, I simply want to put my name on the list for the time (hopefully soon) when they do.

I'd appreciate anyone's input.

0 0
Reactions 5
Score : 8830

You're either in the Closed Beta, or you're not. No more sign-ups, no keys, nothing. You wait for Open Beta, where your Ankama account will be valid anyway.

0 0
Score : 1798

And for more clarity, when it says "Sign up for the BETA NOW", they don't actually mean sign up for the beta. They mean, create an Anakama account. And as GoldfishGod stated, "You wait for Open Beta, where your Ankama account will be valid".
So basically, the BETA they are talking about is OPEN BETA, not closed. And the message is a misinterpretive one that, come to think of it, should be re-worded......
Think of it as "Make an account now so you can join the Open Beta when it comes out just like all the other exisiting Ankama Members"

0 0
Score : 370
It's more of a merchandising strategy to bait newbies, IMO.

As Zethros says, the beta they're talking about is the Open one. Newbies create a new account and wait for the opening announcement, but not in the current beta. Anyways, this beta version is obsolete already as the V3 is right around the corner, I don't see much of a point to allow new players on this beta when they'll change almost everything in few days from now.
0 0
Score : 57
I'm just being a bit hopeful here but I think 2 days ago the french website changed to say closed beta starts on the 11th.
Maybe on the 10th or 9th they will randomnly send e-mails to users to test, this is the 2nd closed beta in any event isn't it? They would want more people, not just the experienced to experience the game and hype it up.

Personally that's what I'm hoping for...
0 0
Score : 4904
Ombre-Osaflip|2011-01-08 13:07:26
I'm just being a bit hopeful here but I think 2 days ago the french website changed to say closed beta starts on the 11th.
Maybe on the 10th or 9th they will randomnly send e-mails to users to test, this is the 2nd closed beta in any event isn't it? They would want more people, not just the experienced to experience the game and hype it up.

Personally that's what I'm hoping for...

I don't want to destroy your dream but i doupt it cause this CB will only last for 4 days just o see how the servers will behave... 
So you have to until the Open Beta they want you to have the best first experience as possible... wink
0 0
Respond to this thread