FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

A little confused.

By Rindon - MEMBER - January 06, 2011, 17:06:42

So I just stumbled upon this game from reading an article somewhere and am pretty confused. Is this game in beta stage right now or has it been released in the USA? I see a lot of posts from 2009 which talked about beta testing but I cant seem to find anything recent or anywhere to download the game and play.

Is it still in beta and if so when is it planning on being released for open beta?
Is  this going to be  a free to play or subscription type game?

I am pretty interested in the game but it has been rather hard to gather any info about it from the forums/main site.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

0 0
Reactions 3
Score : 8830

The current Closed Beta, is an older French beta test (one of many in fact), that has essentially been abadoned while the new Beta is being developed. The NA beta, will be the beta for the newer version, with lotsa new stuff, English translation, etc.

0 0
Score : 847

Ah so this was an older french game that was abandoned but now being redone for release in NA then?

Any talk of when open beta/release is going to be or if it is p2p or f2p?

0 0
Score : 8830

No, it's just a new revision of the French version (the current beta is basically being ignored, not the whole game), so pretty much all the abstract info about it being F2P/P2P etc still applies, much of the base code is still being used, but the mechanics (e.g. spells etc) are being redone or whatever. Then they do a new beta.

The NA beta is simply SE licensing that new version from Ankama. Ankama has the game, is developing it, and its own beta, for the rest of the world.

0 0
Respond to this thread