FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

NEW DEV BLOG! READ... VERY IMPORTANT!

By microundeas - MEMBER - January 05, 2011, 23:14:30

The new year has arrived and with it a busy schedule in Wakfu ...
The latest version of the MMO is at your door, discover all the work done during the past eight months.
Several months ago the entire team of Wakfu works behind the scenes on this new version of the game, then why so long a pause in updates?
That almost all of the gameplay which was reviewed during this period. The main driver of these changes is to simplify the concepts, interfaces, player progression so that everything becomes more fluid and intuitive.
But the gameplay was not the only aspect of the game affected by this goal: graphics, animation, construction field ... But let us rather set a quick overview of major changes in the World of Twelve.

Characteristics & Skills

The number of characteristics common to all classes has been reduced to 10 in order to separate a number of skills less useful for all types of play
Other features become the specialty classes that use them: Command, for example, will only be available in the Osa and Sadida. These skills are found in the specialty class as a passive spell.

A world more alive

To the ecosystem, flora and fauna that surround you, do not appear frozen, monsters now have many behaviors in nature. Sleeping, eating, talking ... One might want to sit right there in the grass to watch all these people live their lives!

Character customization

All of the twelve disciples have finally won the Clone Wars. Each class and sex now have two haircuts and five different outfits at its inception.

Citizenship and Wakfu / Stasis

The Wakfu and Stasis become less of an ideological definition of the person. Each of your actions will define the character you are: your leaning orientation Stasis or Wakfu about your tendency to repopulate the ecosystem or to destroy it.
To complement this change, a new class emerged: the gauge of citizenship, which tells you if you work for the good of your nation or disagree with it.

Consolidation of all interfaces

All interfaces of the game have been reviewed and optimized to better use: new graphic for consistency with the game world, and rearranging for better reading of information.
For those who do not have yet read, I refer you to three articles Talentyre that develop in depth the processes of these redesigns.
Consolidation of the interfaces, Part 1: Where one is dealing with graphic design, inventory and character sheet
Consolidation of the interfaces, part 2: when you create your character, look at the world map and the state of the ecosystem
Consolidation of the interfaces, Part 3: Where we make friends, talk to them, become familiar with the MoC, show them our papers. "

Comeback of sound and music

A game, not just its gameplay, its history, its graphics ... It is also of course his soundscape! Since the time you hear anything by browsing the World of Twelve (not to mention Mac users who have been waiting forever) ...
Wakfu v3 finally marks the return of sound: new sounds animations, new sounds and new music room! Waiting to see the results of our dynamic engine sound, replay music Incarnam and for the first time, exclusively, learn some excerpts of music Amakna.
(check source)

And many other new things to discover

Changes World geographical Twelve new interface time, resumption of business, complete overhaul of the challenges ... And a few surprises, all concocted in a similar vein: to increase the fun aspect of Wakfu!

Return of the closed beta

I guess with all that, you need a little water at the mouth. So when can you discover allthese new features?
The story of Wakfu v3 begin Jan. 11 next, with the online version of this for four days totest scalability of our servers.
  • All players now have access to the closed beta test will come the revival of Wakfu andput a strain on our game servers
  • For future players who want to take their first steps into the world of Wakfu, you still have a little patience before our servers are opening their doors to new testers.
1 0
Reactions 33
Score : 2

haha

"For future players who want to take their first
steps into the world of Wakfu, you still have a little patience before
our servers are opening their doors to new testers."

Patience..

0 0
Score : 167

Agree, patience... but it's worth, at least the sound engine must've taken a lot of time to be done, same to the extra features of the ecosystem.

The citizenship is a great addition, my question is, everybody can see it, or just you?

Finally, an extra news: In Ankama Convention #6, Wakfu will be there for play-testing, so it's a safe guess that the open-beta starts close of March 5th...

0 0
Score : 8830

Bit late, and I've kinda moved on to another game's beta tests... don't really feel like even reinstalling it when this update comes sleep

Maybe for v4, lol

0 0
Score : 4394
GoldfishGod|2011-01-06 01:05:51
Bit late, and I've kinda moved on to another game's beta tests... don't really feel like even reinstalling it when this update comes sleep

Maybe for v4, lol
  GFG i tried sending a MSG but i guess that doesn't work.  Mind sharing with us which game your beta testing?   Just might join you as i have enjoyed your insight on this one.
0 0
Score : 1514

It's about time! It's sad that there have been people giving up on this game due to the wait, but I still say better late than never. Can't wait to log in Tuesday and play. smile My only question is the whole "four days" thing, will they just shut down the beta entirely until Open Beta?

0 0
Score : 4296

I will be there!  It's been a long wait, but I'll be there to test this stuff out.  I can't resist. ^__^ Thank you to the devs for the heads-up!  We always love to be kept in the loop as much as possible!

0 0
Score : 1896

That took WAY too long. I'm happy it's gonna be coming out, but that was WAY over the top. ~8 months? Really?

0 0
Score : 4904

I'm really happy that with this update can't wait eheh biggrin 
About the 4 days i hope they didn't shut down the servers until the open beta, at least they could let us play with out any support... at least we would had something to o until the open beta wink

Tot at the French forum:

Hello everyone,

Your enthusiasm is a pleasure to read.

I just want to tell you that the version you have in your hands within a short week is approaching very strongly that we wanted to set up four years ago. I have long been the first to criticize our own project as upset by all the (bad) adventures, I had almost lost hope of seeing out Wakfu.

But there ... I do not know if it will please you, but I, Me, I'm back.

Countless things have been added to the world to make it more lively and fun. The atmosphere is at the top and we're getting into the details thoroughly. We can not know whether the game will be unanimity, but on my side I'm very proud and very happy with the work that was done by the team. I will wait patiently for the verdict of the players next week.

Now, concerning the game itself and that closed.
You will have only two classes to play. And Iop Cra. They have worked with onions and we rely on you to test them thoroughly. We spend so much time on balancing right now and we're going to need people who are very invested in helping us see more clearly.

Then everything can go very fast. We open the game for 4 days to see how it behaves. We have worked hard to improve in recent times and we need to verify that it behaves well with a large scalability. We will make you return to As and check that everything goes without clashes. Basically, the baby learns to walk alone and we will pray very hard for him to not take a radiator ...

If we identify problems, we will break the time it takes to correct. No way out of a game show, although obviously we are never safe from anything ...
Now if, as I hope (and as developers hope they do not want to undergo a German Suplex), the game does well, we will restore the earliest opportunity to go into more detail of the test phase.

To be honest, I'm super excited and I feel that we are back to the beginnings of Dofus. I have the same kind of feelings and I see a great team that does not skimp motivated to work overtime to be on time. The attitude of a team often reveals the quality of a game and just watch us play internally to understand that he did indeed pass something great.

Then on the story of "you've lowered the concepts" I just ask you not to take everything literally. Nothing has been lowered at all. And "simplify" certainly does not mean we've made a game moron. The first 30-40 levels are going well but we still have much to do on the following and balancing monsters. But hey, that's okay, you already have a good ene 30 hours of play rather effective.

To return to the concepts of beginning, he had to work as a whole. One problem the project was the dispersion. It took refocused. Everything starts with good fights and good balance. Believe me when I tell you that this is by far the hardest thing to get. When it, the rest is much simpler. Today, fighting well functioning ecosystem is interesting and will evolve further interactions with the world are fatal (kiff which can sit on a bench or stool anywhere ...), the spells classes characters have been reviewed and frankly it's going to do. The Iop example now has a passive spell that allows him to trigger applause from his allies when he makes a good action in combat.
You'll understand that we really worked immersion and fun ...
The political aspect is always present and has not changed much but if all goes well in
coming weeks, it will quickly evolve, like many other features.

We have until April-May to release a fantastic game and each day will be busy with much work.
Well, today, I Tot the ball breaks, I got confidence and I'm finally really happy with the result. And I think to be demanding enough on the quality of our projects to think you're gonna do something.
With Kam we did test the game to our respective wives and it was rather very well. One to talk to each other and play when we're not there to win some sweet levels.Just to see it, it was worth it to this game

(source)
0 0

I was fine with waiting 8 months, but I would have appreciated some more information about the developments as they happened so that I could at least tell at the time that it would be close to 8 months.  They made it sound as though the new version was dropping any day now back in the spring.  Everyone stopped playing because we thought it was futile, when actually we could have kept going for half a year.  Ah well.

So, we're starting with just the Iop and Cra?  That's a strange decision, considering how little time is left to test this thing.  That makes me nervous.  Well, I'll probably be making an Earth Cra again, as that's what I have the most experience with.

0 0
Score : 2

it is good information

0 0

when they say they have till April is the game release... they will just do this 4 day test, to see how the server will work then fix the bugs then open the beta (i guess with Bonta and Brakmar too)...

0 0

Oooh! So the Cra and Iop release is just for the first 4 days so they can test to make sure everything works? That makes more sense.

0 0
Score : 1514

"the game does well, we will restore the earliest opportunity to go into more detail of the test phase."
Here's to the hope that we may get to try the full v0.3 within a couple of weeks of the 4-day test. biggrin Yeah, I know I'm wishing for hell to freeze of, but that won't stop me...

Bit of a bummer about only getting two classes for this, guess I'll go with a Fire Cra. I'm just excited to get a taste of Wakfu v3. smile

0 0
Score : 8830
4 days only
Iop + Cra only
April - May
LOLOLOLOLOL.
That "April - May" already makes it sound like their schedule is slipping. It was just "April" before. May is moving into the next finacial year, and I'm not sure SE's budgetteers are gonna be happy about that, where before it seemed much more about just "April".
WellSacMe|2011-01-06 02:55:00
Mind sharing with us which game your beta testing?

Spoiler (click here to show spoiler)

Spiral Knights. Much more compact arcade action orientated. Compared to Wakfu, or WoW, combat is closer to a top-down Zelda experience, the world is smaller (random generated dungeons outside the basic trade/craft town is about it at the moment). Art is by the same guy who did Mac Hall/3 Panel Soul webcomics... but in 3D. It's Fun.
0 0
Score : 515

aww... bummer, couldn't they hold on to it a little bit longer? XD i have exams the next 2 and a half weeks sad

0 0
GoldfishGod|2011-01-06 17:57:24
That "April - May" already makes it sound like their schedule is slipping. It was just "April" before. May is moving into the next finacial year, and I'm not sure SE's budgetteers are gonna be happy about that, where before it seemed much more about just "April".

Agre... but first we have the beta test so that will not make to much difference, for us at least , i guess.... tongue

the most important part is that will test v 3 at the next week, after that is futurology wink
0 0
Score : 495
Mortrox|2011-01-06 19:38:23
aww... bummer, couldn't they hold on to it a little bit longer? XD i have exams the next 2 and a half weeks sad

Aww well, you're not the only one
0 0
Score : 370

Ok... But what about SquareEnix's beta test? No news about the english version... sad They haven't said anything in their FB or Twitter so far! Will it take longer to open because of the translation time?

0 0
Score : 4394
GoldfishGod|2011-01-06 17:57:24

Spoiler (click here to show spoiler)

Spiral Knights. Much more compact arcade action orientated. Compared to Wakfu, or WoW, combat is closer to a top-down Zelda experience, the world is smaller (random generated dungeons outside the basic trade/craft town is about it at the moment). Art is by the same guy who did Mac Hall/3 Panel Soul webcomics... but in 3D. It's Fun.
  Thanks GFG much appreciated.
0 0
Respond to this thread