FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Item exchanging within accounts

By TheSpookyButler December 22, 2010, 01:51:56

Hi! ^^

I was just wondering whether there was a system in place where one could exchange goods within their accounts? Like for example I have a gem on my other character, that I wanted to transfer to a newer one. Is that possible at all, or do I have to 'trust' someone in game, leave them with all my valuables and hope for the best? I have tried dropping and changing accounts, it does not work. >< So any other suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks a lot! ^^

~Spooky

0 0
Reactions 6
Score : 4296

Sadly, this is one of the many oversights in the current incarnation of the game.  You need to find someone you really trust, or do the whole "drop and log" thing and hope you get back online in time before the item disappears.  I reeeaally don't recommend the second option, as it's really easy to screw it up.  You're probably better off joining a guild, making some friends, and then asking them to swap with you.

There have been numerous suggestions for modifications to the game that would allow for an easy transfer between characters on the same account; I think the most popular one is the "ancestral vault" idea, which is basically a vault that appears in your havre sac, which all of your characters (and only your characters) can access.  I'm skeptical that they'll actually implement something like this, though, as Ankama only stands to benefit if players are forced to buy multiple accounts.

0 0
Score : 90

That does sound like a fun idea, although if Wakfu actually allowed for a nice, swift, easier to use client like Dofus is, I would gladly multi account because I am always inclined to do so anyway... I think a bank system would work a ton and it really would solve a lot of the issues in game. Also if a havre sac could be shared among the characters in the account, I would rejoice. xD

I think they've defeated the purpose of Wakfu anywaybecause I'm seeing NPCs left right and center, and the ecosystem thing kinda fails hard.. How am I supposed to get gobball equipment if they are extinct and it's not my fault? People are drawn to monsters and fighting stuff because that's what an mmorpg like this is suposed to offer. If there are no monsters, people will just lose interest in the game and move on. xD But that's kinda aside the point.. It is Beta after all, but one has to wonder if Ankama is really listening. =s

0 0
Score : 4296

Yeah, that's definitely a big problem that we have to face: all it really takes is one jerk to run around and ruin the entire ecosystem for everyone.  I don't know how they plan to deal with this inevitability.  Currently, we can "plant" monsters, but all this really does is force you to do some work before you can go kill monsters.  People still tend to plant some monsters, kill them, then log off, leaving the ecosystem pretty screwed up.

0 0

Oh wait a minute.. How do you plant a monster? I've been playing for a while and I didn't even know! ><

I regret my lack of education on the subject, but maybe it's something they need to make clear in the intro/tutorial.. Anyway, how do you exactly plant monsters? >< It seems like a silly idea and one I don't think I would have ever picked up on...

0 0
Score : 4904

well since you never plant, you first have to go to a tofu to gather a "seed":

you must have the skin tanner tool with you since this belongs to that category.
then check your inv and double click at the tofu seed (you can also put it at the shortcut bar), after that choose  a place on the ground to plant the seed.
0 0

Thanks a lot. =)

I'm kicking myself that I actually missed that because I don't have the tool for the trapper profession so I skipped clean over it. =) Thanks for your help. I still maintain that this should be something that is made clear in the tutorial though.. >

0 0
Respond to this thread