FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Question to Testers: How is the translation going?

By Zethros December 02, 2010, 00:47:24

English Translations:
When i tested wakfu oh so many years ago (i got booted after the dec 2009 event) it was HEAVILY under-translated. Mostly everything was in french. Items, skills, ecosystem names, monsters, field quests...
Its been 2 or so years now and i wanted to know, how is the French to English translation going? Is it still mostly French or a great deal is English now?

Is wakfu still down in the dumps?
I just recently read a thread speaking of a "daily life in wakfu" link: Click here
It seems that the fun of wakfu has diminished greatly with recent updates. (note that this thread was made around Oct 2010)
Is it still like that? I just gathered like 12 of my friends who all joined the twitter event to get in. And we all hope it would be fun. I just dont wanna be to heavily disappointed so i wanna get prepared for the worst, and hope for the best.

0 0
Reactions 4
Score : 1193
Zethros|2010-12-02 00:47:24
English Translations:
When i tested wakfu oh so many years ago (i got booted after the dec 2009 event) it was HEAVILY under-translated. Mostly everything was in french. Items, skills, ecosystem names, monsters, field quests...
Its been 2 or so years now and i wanted to know, how is the French to English translation going? Is it still mostly French or a great deal is English now?

Is wakfu still down in the dumps?
I just recently read a thread speaking of a "daily life in wakfu" link: Click here
It seems that the fun of wakfu has diminished greatly with recent updates. (note that this thread was made around Oct 2010)
Is it still like that? I just gathered like 12 of my friends who all joined the twitter event to get in. And we all hope it would be fun. I just dont wanna be to heavily disappointed so i wanna get prepared for the worst, and hope for the best.

As of right now, the state of the game is trash.  When you're trying to do anything you get PvP'd by people because they can just aggress you with no limits.  The ecosystem is a wreck and not a lot of people play anymore.  When the new patch comes, a LOT of the game will be redone, so perhaps it'll be better.

As for the translation, a good deal is still in French however with the advent of a Square Enix beta coming, that implies that the game will be translated to English.
0 0
Score : 1798
Thundra|2010-12-02 01:40:30

As of right now, the state of the game is trash.  When you're trying to do anything you get PvP'd by people because they can just aggress you with no limits.  The ecosystem is a wreck and not a lot of people play anymore.  When the new patch comes, a LOT of the game will be redone, so perhaps it'll be better.

As for the translation, a good deal is still in French however with the advent of a Square Enix beta coming, that implies that the game will be translated to English.

Has there been any hint or word of when the patch might be?
(i really hope it comes out soon, like when the new wave of beta testers come from the twitter event)
0 0
Score : 4904

I would say that it will right after the contest but with ankama we never know... sleep

0 0
Score : 1514

Well, the Open Beta is supposed to start "early 2011" and end I believe in April. I doubt it will be this month due to the holidays, so my guess is sometime next month.

As far as the current state of the game, I'd have to agree with Thundra. I'd also add that the spell exp system is screwed up, though the fix to it was one of the first details released about the upcoming patch. I personally have high hopes for the upcoming patch.

0 0
Respond to this thread