FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

What happened to my account?

By November 13, 2010, 03:48:22

Hello all at these forums! But I was wondering if you could answer one of my questions? :unsure:

Well, years ago (The game was still in French then.) I received a Beta Key from a forum I visited regularly here.

I played the game, used the Beta Key and played a wee bit on the game, struggling over all the French (I'm not that French savvy.) and my slow computer, so I decided to have a break. (A 2 years break to be nearly exact.)

But now I come back and I cannot download the client onto my new computer. I'm completely certainly sure that I kept a character between December 1st 2009, and January 20th 2010. I think I used my user-name as joshrl and I still have my Beta Key I received from Studio Cold Star.

It'll be nice to see how this game as progressed from how I last remembered it!
(I also know more French. biggrin)

So I was wondering if you could help me and send me in the right direction, I'm lost here. happy

Thanks if you can help! I hope I can get back in.

0 0
Reactions 12
Score : 1514

If you hadn't played for two years and just now came back, that would mean your characters had gotten wiped a long time ago. As far as I know, you needed to have a character on your account in that time frame or enter a forum contest to have access to this closed beta, not have a beta key for an old closed beta. The beta is supposed to reopen early next year, or if there is another official contest you can enter that.
Hope that helps a bit smile

0 0
Score : 52

I guess I'll wait for the open beta to open up before I can get back in. There'll be a lot more people online then anyways I guess. smile
(Although I'm pretty sure I had a character in that time frame... shouldn't that mean I'm still in this closed beta. :blinksmile

0 0
Score : 1514

Well, if you had logged in and made a character between that time frame, yes you should. If you JUST came back after two years, you missed more server wipes than I care to count ^^; I think you also had to log into a character on the account between those dates, but I'm not 100% sure about that.

0 0
Score : 370
Well, if you had logged in and made a character between that time frame, yes you should. If you JUST came back after two years, you missed more server wipes than I care to count ^^; I think you also had to log into a character on the account between those dates, but I'm not 100% sure about that.

100% true wink Several players said to have created a character but they didn't actually -play- in them, and were unable to enter the beta.
0 0

I did make a character and play with that character though, so I guess all the server wipes got me... sad
So, is the game in English now? (Well, mostly english?)
And have there been any new features, than wandering around without knowing what to do?

0 0
Score : 4395

i Hate to say it folks but most mmorpg's that have gone this long without getting to market from beta have ended in the crapper. I am getting a really bad feeling about this one. If you remember way back in the early summer i predicted that the next update would not be until Early 2011, well it is just around the corner. it is a bad bad feeling indeed.

0 0
Score : 4296

On one hand, I think their "partnership" with Square will help them stay focused and motivated; on the other hand, they still seem a little lost in terms of actual development.  They're more prolific than it sometimes seems - they have released a good amount of content, and they're clearly planning a lot of big changes for the next update - but the fact that they're rehauling some very fundamental mechanics (wakfu, professions, environment, music) is a bad sign.  I can't really help but interpret it as a sign that they're lost and don't really know where to turn next.
I still have my fingers crossed.  Some of the new content does sound good.  It's a matter of getting rid of the bad and keeping the good, and getting it done on time.  Toes crossed, too.

0 0

In my advice, perhaps they should get a poll going to see what we want and what we don't want?

I hope it becomes a good update...

Oh! I found my old Wakfu directory with my files in it... and the propeties files makes it seem that I had played 6 characters when playing.
Their names were: Amato
Foraphor
Maketo
Mesu
Mikiso
Zackas

I don't know if you can do anything with this... but at least I have proof!

Is it possible that I can log-in but not download the game? My updater doesn't seem to work either... it would be helpful if someone told me, especially a moderator or someone with power. happy

Thanks for all your help!

EDIT: And apparently last time I logged in was exactly Mon Aug 03 16:42:52 NZST 2009.
I guess it wasn't too long ago then!

0 0
Score : 1148

Playing in August 2009 is too long ago. You had to log in at least once between the specified dates.

0 0

Heheh, fine, I'll play again in the open beta. smile

0 0
Score : 78

Ech, no wonder I can't download it again! Ah well. :

0 0

It is annoying. sad

Well we can still play Dofus 2, I guess.

0 0
Respond to this thread