FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Why oldes date 1st

By October 29, 2010, 01:02:38

Is there ever going to be a time when thing are done right?

0 0
Reactions 30
Score : 4904

hum... why you always do so hard questions? tongue

0 0
Score : 4395

i just get so tired of being treated like a 2nd class citizen, and in Ankama's we (the English Speaking) are treated like, lets just say we are so far down the ladder that if there were ever a letter invented that came after Z we would be it. sad (as far a priority goes that is)

WellSacMe|2010-10-30 01:25:43
i just get so tired of being treated like a 2nd class citizen, and in Ankama's view we (the English Speaking) are treated like, lets just say we are so far down the ladder that if there were ever a letter invented that came after Z we would be it. sad (as far a priority goes that is)

Not even a damn edit button, come on folks.
0 0
Score : 1541

yeah new forums are kinda retarded with the whole backwords date system and i still cant figure out how to change my avatar they didnt make this sleeker and easier to use its quite the opposite

0 0

Yeah i totally have to agree right now, i mean we have the old first we don't have the text edits, and most important the edit thing...

you can change picture i had the Iop too, then change:
1. click at your name at the new bar. A new window will appear.
2. at this new window click at "forum"
3. then click at your avatar
4. choose your image (if you want the Eliantrop image you have to change the libraries)
5. then click at confirm

It might take a while before they change the picture at the forum...

i hope this help
0 0

lol i can change avatar, just cant see what i changed it to. This is a joke!!!!

WellSacMe|2010-10-30 23:38:21
lol i can change avatar, just cant see what i changed it to. This is a joke!!!!

finally got that figured out. Got the right Avatar now
0 0
Score : 1148

This is ridiculous... I can't change my avatar at all. My computer hates account.ankama. Whenever I try to click the thing to change my avatar, nothing happens. My computer just won't display the javascript popup. And I want my old Fish Shovel avatar back... I don't even know if it would let me select it, they don't show up for me at all.

0 0
Score : 336

No news for 6 months...
Forum thread display system is screwed...
Thread mods are so inactive that that don't even bother to defend themselves from criticism on their irresponsiveness...
Really gets one thinking how bug support is gonna work out once they finally release the patch

0 0
Score : 2635
krasuskhchoy|2010-10-31 09:49:30
Thread mods are so inactive that that don't even bother to defend themselves from criticism on their irresponsiveness...
What exactly are we supposed to have done wrong? Mods don't have any control over these changes, and are equally effected by them.
0 0

that's true... the only thing that mod's can do is edit/delete/move our post...
BUT, you can always say something to the Devs or something telling that the forum is totally broken... :wacko:

0 0
Score : 2635

Which I've done (at least, I've brought it up with Kaoly this weekend, so she'll pass it on to those who deal with this on Monday).

0 0

ok then wink, but is Kaoly still alive? (metaphorically speaking)*i didn't meant to be rude it's just that she is not say nothing for so long that i was just asking...* happy

0 0
Score : 1193

Be quiet and quit complaining. It's a damn inconvenience on your part. Stop complaining about it and go do something productive with your life.

0 0

hum... if you don't complain that you have pains no one will know (even a doctor), so if we don't complain how they will know?
and i'm complaining/suggesting, and like i said i didn't wanted to be rude or something, but sometimes we have to say that we are unhappy. now tell me that you like this "new" forum, cause you don't...
and it seems that i'm not the only one that is not doing something productive, because you are complaining too... tongue wink

0 0
Score : 1184

So that's it, i mean the hole forum is completely broken, i was like wtf my comp is wrong but then i logged onmy ipod touch and the same, no wonder.... And i do agree with you folks, these ppl usually make improvement the wrong waythey make somethig worse then have to do double the work..

0 0
Oamoka|2010-10-31 08:27:22
This is ridiculous... I can't change my avatar at all. My computer hates account.ankama. Whenever I try to click the thing to change my avatar, nothing happens. My computer just won't display the javascript popup. And I want my old Fish Shovel avatar back... I don't even know if it would let me select it, they don't show up for me at all.

after going to forum and it asks "Do you want to ......." i say no instead of yea and it shows me my avatar and the gallery. Hope this helps.
0 0
Score : 336

Just like microundeas I don't mean to be rude but really, there has been serious inactivity on the forum since the 'leak' of an early wipe parallel to the sadida & enutrof update...
No update, no new topics to discuss. As a forum mod, i think you could atleast let us in on what the devs are up to because there has been no wind for the past few months; so as forumers we know what are they trying to improve/implement and may discuss the relevent topics and share our ideas.

0 0
Score : 1148
WellSacMe|2010-10-31 20:59:42
Oamoka|2010-10-31 08:27:22

after going to forum and it asks "Do you want to ......." i say no instead of yea and it shows me my avatar and the gallery. Hope this helps.

It shows
static.ankama.com:443 uses an invalid security certificate. 
The certificate will not be valid until 1/05/2010 9:28 AM.
(Error code: sec_error_expired_certificate)
This could be a problem with the serevr's configuration or it could be someone trying to impersonate the server.
If you have connected to this server successfully in the past, the error may be temporary and you can try again later.
View Certificate Cancel

Viewing doesn't do anything, Cancel gets me the problem I mentioned. Yes, my computer is broken. Yes, I need a new one. No, it's not going to happen this year.

And now the pop-up button is in German?!?? This is an English site by a French company. Where does German enter into it?Hey... where's the edit button gone? Why can't I edit instead of double posting like this?

What was wrong with the old forums, anyway... And why is there no way to add a smiley to this to express how I feel about this change?Ok... even stranger. Adding a reply just after your last post no longer double posts, but instead adds to your last post. Unfortunately, you can't use it to correct spelling mistakes. Did anyone test this before releasing it into the wild, because it doesn't feel like it.

=( (Testing if smileys work)
0 0
Score : 4296

I'm grateful for any moderation that takes place - I've moderated other forums before, and I know that it can be a thankless (and usually volunteer) job.

That said, I wish the developers were more (or at all) in touch with us. We rarely ever seem to get any warning about what's about to happen. We log in one day, and things are just.. different. Often, at least at first glance, for the worse. If they could just ask the mods or some other liaison to drop a quick "Hey, heads-up: we're totally redoing the forums two days from now, because of [insert reason here]" I think it would really help keep the confusion and frustration to a minimum.

Likewise with updates. Sometimes it seems that the majority of what we actually discuss here is speculation about the game's progress. The entire beta testing membership has been waiting since the springtime for this update, not knowing if the changes will drop the next day or a year from now. It puts the testers/players in the dark, and puts the mods in the uncomfortable position of trying to answer all of our many questions.

The occasional devblogs are better than nothing, but they're often deliberately cryptic, and that frustrates me. As a beta tester I'm trying to understand the game with as much accuracy as possible in order to form opinions and give feedback, and the more information we get, the better for everyone involved.

Anyway, the ponit is: I think a few very simple and painless changes to the way we communicate (or don't) could help out enormously. That, and big love to all of our mods and our devs, who bring me my favourite MMORPG ever. ^__^

0 0
krasuskhchoy|2010-11-01 11:32:07
As a forum mod, i think you could atleast let us in on what the devs are up to because there has been no wind for the past few months; so as forumers we know what are they trying to improve/implement and may discuss the relevent topics and share our ideas.

Krasuskhchoy the mods know the same or even less things that we know... it's totally not their fault if thing are as they are,they already warn the Devs, so they can't do much more....
let's wait till tomorrow and see what they will do...
0 0