FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

New Classes?

By BIGG-e October 13, 2010, 17:46:31

I was just on the French board when all of the sudden I spotted Eliatropes, Rogues and Zobal. So now we have two more classes to look forward to or is this just getting ridiculous. If they are releasing two new classes don't they still have like idk sadida and enu to work on. Not to mention balancing and let's not forget Eliatropes but in all truthfulness am super excited.

I also found some pics so tell me what you guys think.

Rogue which i'm guess will be a variation of the sram

Zobal which looks like a clown and wild guess it could be similar to Ecaflips.

This is like their symbols.
http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/6122/logouy.jpg

Also the page I found all of this on. There is a video links on the site that describe these two character so if anyone could translate it would be awesome.

http://forum.wakfu.com/fr/discussions-gene...----t74066.html
0 0
Reactions 94
Score : 8830

This makes me facepalm.

Get me a working game before you start promising even more than the stuff you're failing to get implemented right now.

I'd still prefer more variety within each class, than more classes. That's before we get into the issue with Ankama's ability to balance so many classes.

Interesting to see a new mention of Starfu.

I guess this announcement is not based on Wakfu's timetable if these are going to be added to every Ankama game going.

0 0
Score : 1135
GoldfishGod|2010-10-13 18:06:00
I'd still prefer more variety within each class, than more classes.

Example???

and where was the refence to starfu cuz I definately missed that.
0 0
BIGG-e|2010-10-13 17:26:00
Ces classes seront présente dans tous les univers Ankama : Dofus, Wakfu, Dofus-Arena, et un imagine bien, pour Slage et "Starfu".
0 0

Adding more spells would be cool but I'm thinking that new classes are in a way for that. My fingers are crossed that the new characters don't have some reused and repacked spells.

0 0

yea, it becomes a toss up...

More classes, with fewer spells, can allow you to separate out what each character is capable of, and hopefully prevent some over-powered combos (like being unkillable, but also having huge damage output). Obviously this makes it harder to re-spec your class into another role, since each class only fills a small niche.

While fewer classes, but lots of spells each, means each individual characters has more builds available. With Wakfu, the "25 spells" isn't quite 25 since everything is divided up by element etc (i.e. a single build won't actually use anywhere near 25 spells anyway).

Given that most elemental spells are direct damage, there is a strong chance of re-use in either case. The older Wakfu, with 7 spells per element, was heavily reliant on duplicates. The old version had the same class roles though, so they were essentially duplicates because there was no "expanded role" being filled by those additional spells.

0 0

So if these new classes come out it won't be the element spells that define them but the supporting spells?

0 0

Their support spells, and secondary effects of their direct elemental (damage/heal) spells.

0 0
Score : 4904

hum... i already read something about the second picture (dunno where) ...

but the first one it remind me the profile photo of this guy (Lagotar)

and yeah GfG is right (just like in 99% of the cases tongue)

Edit: found it... translation version) wink

0 0
Score : 370
They're actually incarnations from weapons... (Pay attention to the pop-up message, reload the page if you missed it)

I'm thinking they're somehow lie the Magik Riktus Bandits weapons, but maybe as headdresses as they're masks and hoods as the French CM shows us
0 0
We know now, even if it had been more or less implicit, but two new classes in addition Eliatropes were formally announced today.
(Cf: The end of this week's Inside Ankama.)
These classes will be present in all the universe Ankama: Dofus, Wakfu, Dofus-Arena and one can well imagine, for Slage and "Starfu.

So what is this french guy saying in the video? I'm pretty sure its new characters but I wouldn't mind being proven wrong.
0 0
Score : 370

Sadly I don't speak french, so I cannot understand what he says.

---
Another reason for which I think that Rogues and Zobals are not going to be races is because of the mention of the Shushus. I doubt that Ankama would make Shushus unique to a single race, it'd be totally unbalanced. Also, Rogues are somewhat a version of Srams, which can also be considered Rogues. Just my opinion, of course.

0 0
Dharymel|2010-10-14 01:53:00
They're actually incarnations from weapons... (Pay attention to the pop-up message, reload the page if you missed it)

I'm thinking they're somehow lie the Magik Riktus Bandits weapons, but maybe as headdresses as they're masks and hoods as the French CM shows us

ah thanks wink
I hope that this new incarnations will work better then Magik Riktus... sleep
0 0
Dharymel|2010-10-14 02:47:00
Transcript inside ankama s02_07 ® :

You chose the hood?
Bravo! So you're a Rogue.
And what is a Rogue?
A rogue is one of two new classes entering in the game DOFUS
TWO NEW CLASSES IN DOFUS!

What a Rogue?
Well it's a guy who has class, which has a cape, which has a hood.
The Rogue is the fart a bit.
And it's a thief
he steals the audience to give to ... to himself because, well, charity!
The rogue acts discreetly, but still takes the foot in the carpet. (A bah yeah.)
The rogue has the sense of family.
The Rogue is a collector.
Hello Mom? You owe me 15 sorrel.

Hey, and it's not all, nah, because both new you will be able to discover in Wakfu as well.
Wakfu game, Wakfu Series in DOFUS Arena
and there will even comics on these two new classes!

For more information .. (Han expect)
I stole it earlier!
You can read more in the DOFUS Mag October, October to December.
"The two new classes revealed"
There is a poster and more inside with the two classes,
And pages, pages with secrets! HAHAHA!
I'm ... I'm gone!

Im thinking new classes and not weapons so much now.....
0 0

t will not be weapons but equips... most probably hats (mask)
when he say "You chose the hood?" it's the hood mask... that i guess that have the shushu power... wink

0 0

Okay say it is a shushu. What does that usally do? Is it like bonuses for choosing one of them or new spells?

0 0

well i guess so.. but is better for us to wait for more official info then passing hours guessing around about something tongue

0 0

Oh I thought you guys knew. My bad.

0 0

Shushus (demon guys) are minions of Rushu (a big demon guy). The talking Sword, Rubliax, from the Wakfu cartoon is one (specifically, he's bound to the sword, rather than naturally being a sword).

http://www.wakfu.com/en/discover/features/4-rushu-shushus

There's no specific thing they grant, and they're unique enough to grant different things depending on which one it is.

Unless it's specifically "yes, demon-powered" I'm not even sure the references to Shushus aren't just a turn of phrase (e.g. like "hell's angels") rather than Shushus actually being involved.

0 0
[Topic Unique] Ankama Convention # 6 in Lille!
For those who have not yet had their information Dofus Mag 18 :

TheAnkama Convention # 6 be held on On Saturday 5 and Sunday, March 6, 2011 to Lille !
More information soon on Site Ankama Convention !

We guess at once the theme of this convention:
The Rogue and ZobalsThe two new classes announced by Ankama few days ago.

You can express your reactions here, in moderation of course!

French Forum

So now I have no doubt that two new classes will come out to set wakfu in motion... that is if they can get everything done in time :/
0 0
Respond to this thread