FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Ankama announce partnership with Square Enix

By Eana- September 03, 2010, 21:19:46

The MMORPG Wakfu will soon enter the U.S. territory.

Roubaix, France - September 3, 2010 - Ankama, DOFUS game creator, today announced its alliance with Square Enix Inc.., The publisher of multimedia entertainment of Square Enix ® to North America in order to Provide output of Wakfu MMORPG Free PC for Windows ®, Mac OS and Linux ® on the North American continent. Based on a system of tactical combat turn-based with a choice of 12 classes of characters, Wakfu will cause the players in his fast-paced world, manga-inspired style.

"Given our common knowledge of tactical combat system and multiplayer experiences involved, Square Enix is the ideal partner for Ankama," commented Emmanuel Darras, CEO and co-founder of Ankama. "This partnership is a key success factor of the universe transmedia Wakfu, which includes the TV series Wakfu MMO, the game of trading cards, manga and action figures. "

Tactical MMORPG with a rich experience, Wakfu challenges players to give new hope to the world. Users can choose between twelve classes playable characters, each with 25 spells. To provide a complete experience, Wakfu also offers advanced features for customizing an avatar, to create a unique character.

"Partnering with Ankama for North American release of Wakfu is natural, given their ability to create gaming experiences shaped around the story," said Mike Fischer, President and CEO of Square Enix, Inc.. "Wakfu fascinate players of all ages with its fascinating history and beauty of its surroundings. "

[...]

And this : New Trailer

PS : Sorry guys. Made this translation with Google Translate... :/

0 0
Reactions 130
Score : 3201

Not sure if this is good or bad ? If they start moving wakfu to its final version faster. I'am all for change smile

1 0
Score : 1896

I hope this doesn't drastically change the base ideas that this game was basically built off of...

0 0
Score : 3201
KayleKhan|2010-09-04 06:20:00
I hope this doesn't drastically change the base ideas that this game was basically built off of...

Mhmm. Just seen what enu and sadidas are gonna look like and there little vids. Granny is really tall :blink:

Edit: Is it me ? or have they change a few things on some classes looks? *Just a little bit*
0 0
Score : 4

SOE doesnt have very good reputation in gaming world so im not sure if this is going to be good for this game

0 0
Score : 371

Nice...new trailer with much better music and spoils a lot of stuff added in =.= but oh well I think the spells look new and looking forward to it biggrin

0 0
Score : 3

AWESOME! Square enix is awesome. That means Wakfu is awesome. xD End of subject. Yeah but really >smile You can expect wakfu to be awesomeness now xD

0 0
Score : 5

Hello,

I saw the trailer for the first time today. I'm a HUGE fan of tactical turn-based rpg's (final fantasy tactics, disgaea, tactics ogre) and I am thrilled to see there will FINALLY be a tactical turn-based MMO, Wakfu will be just the game for me!

The most important question for me now, because I absolutely can't wait to play this: When will there be a beta I can participate in (none of that "you have to contribute/spam our forums enough to qualify" stuff)?

0 0
Score : 370
MacHaggis|2010-09-05 23:04:00
Hello,

I saw the trailer for the first time today. I'm a HUGE fan of tactical turn-based rpg's (final fantasy tactics, disgaea, tactics ogre) and I am thrilled to see there will FINALLY be a tactical turn-based MMO, Wakfu will be just the game for me!

The most important question for me now, because I absolutely can't wait to play this: When will there be a beta I can participate in (none of that "you have to contribute/spam our forums enough to qualify" stuff)?

According to the french Dofus Magazine #17, in few months. Considering that the last patch was released in April/May, I would dare to say we'd return to Open Beta before January... But I might be wrong ¬¬
0 0
Score : 8831
MacHaggis|2010-09-05 22:04:00
FINALLY be a tactical turn-based MMO, Wakfu will be just the game for me!
you mean, other than Dofus...
0 0
Score : 3
svab|2010-09-04 17:24:00
SOE doesnt have very good reputation in gaming world so im not sure if this is going to be good for this game

I don't think SOE is involved, as they weren't mentioned anywhere. It's just Ankama and SE as far as I know.
0 0
GoldfishGod|2010-09-06 00:53:00
you mean, other than Dofus...

Been looking around now, Dofus is from the same people? I always though it was another crappy Korean MMO. It's also turn-based? If so, why didn't anyone recommend it to me?

(anyway, a bit late now to start with Dofus I guess, Ill just wait for wakfu :|)
0 0
Score : 4905
MacHaggis|2010-09-06 09:12:00
Been looking around now, Dofus is from the same people? I always though it was another crappy Korean MMO. It's also turn-based? If so, why didn't anyone recommend it to me?

(anyway, a bit late now to start with Dofus I guess, Ill just wait for wakfu :|)

yeah is from the some company but the team is different... and yeah is turn-based... and yeah try dofus at least you can know the classes and the story a bit more since wakfu pass 1000 years old after dofus.... wink

OMG!!!!! i wanna cry!!! the trailer looks awesome and i want my sadida!!! xD (i didn't saw any enu....) any way wow i really want to cry biggrin
0 0
Score : 8831
MacHaggis|2010-09-06 08:12:00

Same people.
It doesn't even exist in korea (other than some koreans playing it) so it's your own fault for not even looking at basic information about the game.
Because it's not amazing, and I doubt you ever asked "hey everyone, is there a turn-based strategy MMO?"
0 0
It doesn't even exist in korea (other than some koreans playing it) so it's your own fault for not even looking at basic information about the game.

Maybe so, but you have to admit there are tons of 'cute' looking Korean mmo's out there, which makes it hard to pick out the good ones smile. I know now that Dofus isn't Korean, but the (admittedly gorgeous) graphics style makes it easy to confuse.

I just feel a bit dismayed/stupid that I have been missing out on Dofus for years, because the gameplay does look like my cup of tea (will install it tonight), but I certainly didn't want to offend anyone. I hereby introduce myself as a new member of the Dofus/Wakfu community wink
0 0
Score : 49

We've a message from our french CoMa :
The partnership won't change anything for us (in Europe).
F2P : can be a Dofus-like system, it's not definitive.
Item mall : if there is an item mall, we could buy stuff, but only for the style/skin.

Edit : Original message.

0 0
Score : 12

Seems like good news!

... Loved the new trailer!

0 0
Score : 4905

thanks Giveitaway smile

by the way did you notice that CM are in different places? a mean i saw the with crow one that use to be at the crow land t the scarecrows + tofus, and shark is not at the sand any more....

0 0
Score : 106

Maybe this has something to do with Wakfu DS.

0 0
Score : 495

It's been a long time since they have even mentioned Wakfu DS as far as I know so i doubt it has anything to do with it ;...

0 0
Respond to this thread