Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Pre-release new patch info

By May 15, 2010, 04:54:31
DevTracker
Reactions 58
Score : 4904
Kaoly|2010-05-21 16:58:00
There might be a wipe, but there also might not be. It's under discussion.

Hum i know some guys that would be happy to know this =) for is indifferent if we wipe or not =) but i think that i would like a wipe =P
And thanks kaoly for the info =D

Cheers
0 0
Score : 10

can anybody tell me the difference between
character reset and wipe?

i thought wipe was the same

0 0
Score : 336

Is this a trick to get us to play the remaining few weeks before the server gets a spring clean ? -- to stimulate the now rather static state the world of 12 is in?
Or is it really under discussion? My friend and i have accepted the fact(?) that the server is going clean slate and comming up with a plan to get on a gobble-ful pairing.

0 0
Score : 1920

Well, the way I am taking it is I assume its going to happen but hope it won't. So I am still playing as normal just like I would if we weren't about to get wiped. If we do, well I was expecting it anyway. If not then that is awesome. But no matter what we all know that a wipe will come eventually.

0 0
Score : 620

I'm glad they are going to release the last two classes, the challenges, and all that other stuff with the next patch. However, I would really like it if they made a few more english translations as well. I understand game mechanics and all should come first, but it would just be nice is all.

0 0

....ok guys im shure to say
The thing about, thinking the erase,,, is false
they just dont want to people stop playing,
its obiously were going to expect that, why simple:
if they impementing, some kamas change, some jobs change,
they cant allow we advanced players to experience this new system with all that we gather along the game,

obiously this changes are for good, but think about this
imagine they implement more kama drop system, or change the current kama value ( ex 1 kama in the past version is equal to 3 in new ( ex. you drop 150 kamas for a battle in old evrsion but in new you drop 400), we people that got more than a million kamas, we would have and clear advantage in other players so i dont think the balance system wakfu keeps going can be accepted like that

apply this case to all and you'll se, that if they chaning, the game in that side ( im talking about game mechanics)
they cant allow certainly players, to be advanced to others, we all must start from 0
imagine that the lvl cap increases to 150 poeple that got already they 100 would be on extremely advantage than other ones,
so it isnt fair, doesnt it

and btw this is still beta so, until the game changes to WAKFU and not WAKFU BETA like it is
we always going to expect a wipe,
sounds truth after this points no?

btw i still playing ocationally :3 but not to much beacuase i know all my efforts are for nothing only for experience in the game, before they cut my all full size growth tree, and they make me plant a seed again.

AMEN

(p.d. im not quiting playing dofus, just slow my gamer adiction until wipe smile

0 0
Score : 4394
ph34r The positive as i see it is to not wipe at this time. It would be similar to how the Osa class did not have to start from scratch, like having to make all professions high enough for the class to try out gear and stuff. It would make the Sadi and Enu class easier to see at this point what needs to be changed faster. I think then after there has been some action on leveling these two classes and to see how the spells play out at mid and higher levels then there would be a need for another wipe. That is if the next patch only brought the two classes into play and the other major changes came later.
0 0
Score : 160

This isn't about fairness Artic, nobody really cares how rich or high level you are. If the game mechanics suffer drastic changes they obviously have to erase the current data so it doesn't affect the new one. Right now, they are trying to decide how necessary it would be to delete our characters depending on what kind of content will be implemented. It's not that they don't want people to stop playing, because that has never been a problem.

0 0
Score : 18

Thank you very much for keeping us informed, Kaoly.

0 0
Score : 143

Tainub sorta nailed it for those too concerned about wipe. If this game gets any serious and gets to retail, there WILL be a wipe before retail. Nobody will respect or take it seriously if it doesn't (though Dofus didn't ages ago, devs are more experienced now).
Devs probably want to avoid doing a wipe NOW, cause it means that it will take longer for characters to evolve all over again and test many things. On the other hand, some drastic changes on the game might force them to do the wipe. Isn't about just wiping after a drastic change to keep the game fair, it's also about data consistency and perhaps even the server being able to run (depending on how things are done and how drastically they are changed). To be honest, I don't think the Devs should care much about experience fairness in a closed beta state (didn't meant game balance). Of course, all imho.

0 0
Tainub|2010-05-22 07:59:00
This isn't about fairness Artic, nobody really cares how rich or high level you are. If the game mechanics suffer drastic changes they obviously have to erase the current data so it doesn't affect the new one. Right now, they are trying to decide how necessary it would be to delete our characters depending on what kind of content will be implemented. It's not that they don't want people to stop playing, because that has never been a problem.

read my post more closely and with glasses, thats what im tellign exactly, if they changing game mechanics its obious they deleting char's, and its not my prob. obiously that youre to jealous you need to complain about me, .. lil 20,000k - youg narb
0 0
Score : 8830
ArticDragon|2010-05-24 23:01:00
i feel the right to say
I TRANSLATED IT
not him
the credit belongs to me btw...so keep that in mind
Maybe you'd like to explain how he was should've been thanking "you" before you'd even posted your translation...

Ninjofo had posted a machine translation, until it was removed because it was machine-horrible.
0 0
Score : 160
ArticDragon|2010-05-22 00:37:00
im shure to say they just dont want to people stop playing, why simple:
they cant allow we advanced players to experience this new system with all that we gather along the game

imagine they implement more kama drop system or change the current kama value we people that got more than a million kamas, we would have and clear advantage in other players so i dont think the balance system wakfu keeps going can be accepted like that

apply this case to all and you'll se, that if they chaning, the game in that side
they cant allow certainly players, to be advanced to others, we all must start from 0
imagine that the lvl cap increases to 150 poeple that got already they 100 would be on extremely advantage than other ones, so it isnt fair,

I won't retract my statements, this isn't about fairness. I'm not complaining either, don't know where you got that from...
0 0
Score : 515
ArticDragon|2010-05-22 02:37:00
can anybody tell me the difference between
character reset and wipe?

i thought wipe was the same

I don't know for sure how the devs interpret reset but usually a reset means the reset of status points and or certain items that are left out disappear compensated with other stuff. (that's how it usually works with other mmos)
a wipe is... well a complete wipe
0 0
Score : 8830

A "server reset" is turning your computer off, and then on again.

You don't lose your data. Everything is saved, etc. But it tends to clear out bugs that accumulate over time (e.g. fights that the server thinks never ended, active instances of the dungeons even though nobody is in them, etc, that sort of stuff).

A "server wipe" is deleting your save as well.

Personally, those dolls look f-ing retarded. The left one looks like a banana in a gimp-suit, and the one on the right appears to have huge breasts and nipples.

0 0
Score : 225
ArticDragon|2010-05-24 23:01:00
i feel the right to say
I TRANSLATED IT
not him
the credit belongs to me btw...so keep that in mind

HAHAHAHAHA! LOL!

I translated through google -___- you arent CEO of google are you? or lead designer of their google translate tool? I didnt think so!

so before you claim my tedious effortful (yes this is sarcasm well done) copy and pastings via google translate DONT!
0 0
Score : 515
GoldfishGod|2010-05-26 12:16:00
Personally, those dolls look f-ing retarded. The left one looks like a banana in a gimp-suit, and the one on the right appears to have huge breasts and nipples.

I think they look nice... mellow
0 0
Score : 633

I dont like the ones on the right either, but dont mind the ones on the left though smile

0 0
Score : 4904

what i think is that the left ones will be the dolls that remove ap or mp (don't remember the name), the other that look like that use steroids (eheh)(i kinda like them) i guess is the aggressive one =)

0 0