FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Becareful, Don't fall for Ankama's Scamming Strategy!!

By Snayd - MEMBER - February 29, 2012, 21:37:39

Warning to those who want to subscribe.

If you are thinking about subscribing for more than a month because of the elemental armor, DON'T

Don't do the same mistake I did and pay for a year, the items are non tradable, and the chances of you getting one set out of 5 sets is very low...

The items will sit in your inventoy, taking up space.

You will end up with items from 5 different sets, with nothing to do with them, obviously you have to choose one element for your character, leaving 3 out of the 5 sets complete Useless for you.

Don't waste your money, and don't fall for Ankama's trap.

0 0
Reactions 36
Score : 87

Another stupid trap is Mount zinit, i subscribed to have acess to it but they didnt even finish the second mount zinit map.

There's no way to kill aquabrial since they only put 7 aqua fragments instead of 10, so you cant actually pass this boss

0 0
Score : 242

Funny, why u cant just remove items? If u pay for year just for items - u are stupid, not ankama.

0 -1
Score : 512
NaoMeArrependoDePorEsseNome|2012-02-29 21:40:35
Another stupid trap is Mount zinit, i subscribed to have acess to it but they didnt even finish the second mount zinit map.

There's no way to kill aquabrial since they only put 7 aqua fragments instead of 10, so you cant actually pass this boss
The fragments unlock a weapon that has nothing to do with the final boss, to kill the boss you need to do about 300 damage which is easy since you get healed and gain a damage bonus.

Sameerr|2012-02-29 21:37:39
Warning to those who want to subscribe.

If you are thinking about subscribing for more than a month because of the elemental armor, DON'T

Don't do the same mistake I did and pay for a year, the items are non tradable, and the chances of you getting one set out of 5 sets is very low...

The items will sit in your inventoy, taking up space.

You will end up with items from 5 different sets, with nothing to do with them, obviously you have to choose one element for your character, leaving 3 out of the 5 sets complete Useless for you.

Don't waste your money, and don't fall for Ankama's trap.

Why did you pay a years sub just to get a set of items which are the equivalent of the Zinit armor, the idea of the added gifts is that they are the intensive for the membership you are buying.
0 0
Score : 517

I got myself full Avatar set, so I must consider myself lucky. But still, it's sad I cant exchange or sell it. Maybe this will be fixed soon. Hope so at least : )

0 0
Score : 280
arr1val|2012-02-29 22:12:59
Funny, why u cant just remove items? If u pay for year just for items - u are stupid, not ankama.
Actually, if you wanna think of it that way, if you pay for something, you are supposed to get it.

Calling me stupid for paying for something I'm getting partially, in this case, a bunch of items that I cannot trade, is your opinion.

I just wonder, what would you call a person who is paying only to be ALLOWED TO PLAY(which you have to do in order to get these items)

Which one seems more reasonable to you, Mr. "Not Stupid"

Do you usually give up and call yourself stupid when you get promised something that you do not get??

I can't help but feel you have been abused and mistreated your whole life.

Please use your peanut sized brain before you post and call someone stupid, you 12 year old.

I'm not posting this so I can get someone like you come around and try to tell me what I did was stupid, I don't care what you think.

I payed for something that I am not getting the full benefit of, because Ankama did not explain fully what these items were, how they functioned, and that they were not tradable.

I'm not here to brag and cry, I'm here to get answers from Ankama, WHICH I STILL HAVE YET TO HEAR FROM!
0 0
Score : 455
Sameerr|2012-03-01 05:15:00
I'm here to get answers from Ankama, WHICH I STILL HAVE YET TO HEAR FROM!
Sadly I think unless you speak omelette du fromage, you wont get any answers officially.
0 0

I'm pretty sure it was stated that you would get a random item from a set for each token you received. So you got what was advertised.

0 0
Score : 206

Or live in NA because they are getting better treatment by Squeenix than we from Ankama. btw fix recipes

0 0
felppe|2012-03-01 05:21:01
I'm pretty sure it was stated that you would get a random item from a set for each token you received. So you got what was advertised.
Random item doesn't mean its not tradable.
0 0
Score : 749

Actually, if you look up in the forum, you'll find that they explained precisely that it would be random. Also, if you really are a close beta player, you should know they wouldn't ever let you trade a cash
item.

0 0
TheCharmingImp|2012-03-01 05:29:37
Actually, if you look up in the forum, you'll find that they explained precisely that it would be random. Also, if you really are a close beta player, you should know they wouldn't ever let you trade a cash
item.
I don't understand your logic, how is an item being random a complete tip-off that the item is going to stick to your account and is going to be untradable

Take that idea, and compare it with:

16 random items, 4 different elements, only 1 element you can use. (therefore, obviously you can trade it)

Which one seems more likely to you.

I was a close beta player, when was there a time where people were able to purchase items with cash and not allow them to trade it? when was there a time cash items were available at all during closed beta? please enlighten me.
0 0
Actually, if you wanna think of it that way, if you pay for something, you are supposed to get it.

Calling me stupid for paying for something I'm getting partially, in this case, a bunch of items that I cannot trade, is your opinion.

I just wonder, what would you call a person who is paying only to be ALLOWED TO PLAY(which you have to do in order to get these items)

Do you usually give up and call yourself stupid when you get promised something that you do not get??

Please use your peanut sized brain before you post and call someone stupid, you 12 year old.

I'm not posting this so I can get someone like you come around and try to tell me what I did was stupid, I don't care what you think.

I payed for something that I am not getting the full benefit of, because Ankama did not explain fully what these items were, how they functioned, and that they were not tradable.

I'm not here to brag and cry, I'm here to get answers from Ankama, WHICH I STILL HAVE YET TO HEAR FROM!

You got the items that were promised and you can equip them, the only issues are that you are unable to trade them (they never stated you could) and the fact that you didn't get the correct combination (unfortunate as this is it WAS stated that the items you received would be randomized).

While Ankama is partially to blame for your lack of knowledge, the fact that you blindly went and purchased them assuming they would be trade-able is pretty much your own fault and you can hardly blame Ankama for that. If I was to use an analogy it would be like buying a chocolate bar advertised as "chocolate bar" and expecting it to be milk chocolate, then when you eat it you find out it was mint and you demand a refund because it was not what you expected.

Sameerr|2012-03-01 05:35:08
I was a close beta player, when was there a time where people were able to purchase items with cash and not allow them to trade it? when was there a time cash items were available at all during closed beta? please enlighten me.

It's the same system that was implemented in Dofus for buying subscription pets, you couldn't trade them for 2 months to prevent fraud, so I'd assume this is only the next step up from that.
0 0
felppe|2012-03-01 05:35:25

You got the items that were promised and you can equip them, the only issues are that you are unable to trade them (they never stated you could) and the fact that you didn't get the correct combination (unfortunate as this is it WAS stated that the items you received would be randomized).

While Ankama is partially to blame for your lack of knowledge, the fact that you blindly went and purchased them assuming they would be trade-able is pretty much your own fault and you can hardly blame Ankama for that. If I was to use an analogy it would be like buying a chocolate bar advertised as "chocolate bar" and expecting it to be milk chocolate, then when you eat it you find out it was mint and you demand a refund because it was not what you expected.

Actually, buying a chocolate bar and expecting it to be milk chocolate is not at all the case here.

What happened was I bought a chocolate bar that I cannot share with anyone else, I didn't expect it to be milk chocolate because I bought random items, I knew what the possibilities were, what I expected was that it would allow the normal function of any other item, which is trade.

The normal function of a chocolate bar, is that you can eat it, and share it with someone else if you choose to.

Nobody can tell you what you can and can't do with that chocolate bar.

A better analogy would be: You bought a chocolate bar that you wanted to share, but with every chocolate bar came a police officer that didn't allow you to share it with anyone else.
0 0

The only reason you know that you are usually able to share the chocolate bar is because you have bought one before. The difference here is that the cash shop is a totally new addition to Wakfu so in that respect it's a totally new product and the closest thing to it that has been around before would be the Dofus pets that I mentioned. While I can understand your frustration that you made an incorrect assumption (which is only natural for someone who hasn't bought a similar product from Ankama in the past) you were given what was promised so regardless of who's to blame it unlikely that you'll be able to make a claim or get a refund.

0 0
felppe|2012-03-01 05:56:16
The only reason you know that you are usually able to share the chocolate bar is because you have bought one before. The difference here is that the cash shop is a totally new addition to Wakfu so in that respect it's a totally new product and the closest thing to it that has been around before would be the Dofus pets that I mentioned. While I can understand your frustration that you made an incorrect assumption (which is only natural for someone who hasn't bought a similar product from Ankama in the past) you were given what was promised so regardless of who's to blame it unlikely that you'll be able to make a claim or get a refund.
Let's assume you are correct, and it was my fault to be blind about this, and i technically got what I was promised.

I don't think it's fair or humane that Ankama makes such misleading advertisements, and does nothing about them.

How am I going to trust Ankama without thinking that there is a catch everytime I want to purchase something from it.

All I want at this point is to make this issue clear to everyone who might be mislead in one way or another into paying more to Ankama.

I'll rest when this issue becomes loud and clear for everyone. Especially those unsuspecting new players who might want to pay for a whole year instead of a week.
0 0

I think Ankama seriously needs to hire more translators, even now there are parts of the store that is still in French. In that respect they are defiantly guilty.

2 0
felppe|2012-03-01 06:37:03
I think Ankama seriously needs to hire more translators, even now there are parts of the store that is still in French. In that respect they are defiantly guilty.
+1 to that.
0 0
Score : 134

WE ARE NOT GONNA FALL

0 0
Score : 549

So you pay for a year's sub and got some free items as a bonus? Yep, that just screams out scam....rolleyes 

0 0
Respond to this thread