FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Will you be one of the pioneers of WAKFU?

By #[Mascha-chan] February 02, 2012, 17:16:01
Reactions 211
Score : 255
LunaFall|2012-02-03 03:13:47
I don't know what people are going on about with pricing.
I am from Australia, and when I look at the sub page, it is all in AUD and not in EUR, and that is not all. It is also the exact same price. So, I guess there is no flux in price no matter where you are from. I think this is to make it fair for everyone. I also looked at the NA pricing, and it is the same as the EUR, but in American dollars.
So...I dont see what people are complaining about when they talk about not being able to afford it.
With the current exchange rates Aussies would pay more if we were paying in EUR instead of AUD.

There's a distinct possibility that I have that backwards.
0 0
Score : 650

i'm from australia too, and it says its $52.00 (AUD) for a year which was cheaper than dofus. i paid for a year dofus ages ago and it cost like $80 (AUD). anyway, i'm going to pay for 3 months to give it a go since i've been waiting for this game for an eternity.

just so everyone knows, the items you get from this "prepay" thing aren't that great and its not like people are paying to win at all. the pioneer sets and elemental sets are both crappy low level ones, with the only decent item being the +25% damage bonus pet for 1 year sub, which i assume we'll be able to find in-game for free later on anyway.

they should make a new server for the "whingers of wakfu" (i mean ok, i'd be govener)

PEACE.

0 0
Score : 19

Is it just me, or are all the people living in North America not able to subscribe for now?? I live in the U.S.

0 0
Score : 865

i was going to buy but its impossible, send me for a dofus page and i cant finish!
so...

0 0
Score : 94

Lots of people need Zong payment system.If they open the system,I can buy a subscription for Wakfu.

0 0
Score : 748

What do you mean Elenix?

0 0
Score : 85

o_O
sorry. but then OBT => release => what`s all be wiped?
or not?)

but. i think i buy 2 accs on 3 moths smile

0 0
Score : 2503

Just bought a 1 year sub.

Cannot wait for 29th feb.

Nyeheh~

0 0
Score : 7

But if i subscribe my account with Dofus "Ogrines" am i subscribed in Wakfu too?

0 0
Score : 3807
ElEndrit|2012-02-03 09:46:11
But if i subscribe my account with Dofus "Ogrines" am i subscribed in Wakfu too?
If you mean subscribing for Dofus and being subscribed for Wakfu as well, no.
0 0
Score : 4

It's gonna be bye bye Wakfu to me, being in a country with lower economy had always made me stop play alot of games, 1 euro = 4 $ in my country so the price is alittle too much for me. (currently not working)

0 0
rainz89|2012-02-03 11:15:12
It's gonna be bye bye Wakfu to me, being in a country with lower economy had always made me stop play alot of games, 1 euro = 4 $ in my country so the price is alittle too much for me. (currently not working)
man... you currently ***ed up
1 euro = 1,25 +- usd , no matter where u live.

why dev`s don`t give a choose for players on currency which they want to paid
0 0
Score : 2

I know what u mean. In my country some times it's worst because the conversion is direct. For Example 1€ = 5 usd. But this is not the case. I'm not subscribing in early stages. 3 months for 15€ it's a bit. The game needs a little more polish.

0 0

15 for 3 months - it`s ok smile
see a EVE price smile
14,5$ for 1 months smile

but i`m play until 25 feb and see - rly i want to pay smile 

0 0
Score : 1873

I cant access the page to buy subscription.
Im redirected to DOFUS page every time.

0 0
Score : 9

I'm gonna give it a 1 month to see how it goes. Subbing for 1 year, man, some peeps got nerves.

0 0
Score : 50

Let me play on Nox and I'll sub. Right now all it looks better to get a 3 month because better pets will be achievable in game, the random selected set is for level 14, and I dont want that emote..

0 0
Score : 1173

As weird as this might sound I guess I'll go for Pre-Subscription.

I'm alright with the point you guys are making, "I'm not going to pay before I know what the game will be like", yeah, that's legit and it's the same thing I thought in the first place, although it isn't really correct since upon release I won't be able to check if the game has actually "changed" until I subscribe, so guess what, I'll have to pay anyway, and I really enjoy the game so I'll probably go for a 3 months run.
Which basically means paying 3 months with 1€/Month discount and getting some free stuff for it isn't that bad deal, I mean it isn't a great deal either, but I'm happy with Ankama, so I'm willing to support the game development.
That said, 3 months can be used to see the way things go and it's probably what I will choose.
6 months for 28€ it's a discount of 8€, which might sound like a fair deal, but still, 6 months is a lot of time, and none of us can be sure that half an year from now he/she'll still be playing.
To me, one year is for people who have too much money to care about how much they're spending.

About the Pioneer Set:
Looks like Colonist looking Wodent set, and the stats on it are nearly worse than the Wodent set itself. In other words, it's a show off kind of set, the kind of item that will be quite rare later on.
That's quite good to me, I never liked having advantages over the others for spending more on my subscription than other people do.
I also like "almost-fashion" way Ankama rewards subscribers with, no great advantages, but something you'd like to have. Just like I like having rare pieces of equipment, like I loved the Livinitem set and high ranked PvP wings on Dofus, bonuses were so low they served basically no purpose, but everyone wanted them since they were "cool stuff" to have.

0 0
Score : 279

Definitely worth the money. - Will subscribe for a whole year.

This mmorpg is unique, there is no other like it on the internet, and it is very fun to play.

Those who are unable to pay for one reason or another should stop complaining, it is sad to see players steep so low due to being able to express their thoughts, what happened to being classy?

You can't pay? That's understandable, a lot of people can't, but that doesn't mean you wouldn't if you were able to, those are two very different things.

You claim you are unwilling to pay because Ankama sucks / This game isn't worth it, I'm gonna find that hard to believe since you actually bother coming to this site and post on the forums.

If this game really sucks and it isn't worth it in your opinion, what are you still doing here? LEAVE, there's a lot of people who would enjoy this game, stop crying about it.

I don't have a credit card.

I don't have a paypal account.

I'm going to get some of the money I didn't end up spending in the past two months, and buy myself a prepaid debit card that i can use on the internet, and I think that's a way better decision than complaining.

Heck I'm going to subscribe for the whole year, as I'm pretty sure that 50 euros that I would have probably spent on a single date at some restaurant, is gonna provide me with a year of fun, and exclusive stuff that are probably going to be either unavailable to obtain or extremely difficult to do so.

This is probably a marketing strategy that I'm falling for, but what the heck, its worth the fun.

0 0
Score : 8825
Sameerr|2012-02-03 13:57:57
This mmorpg is unique, there is no other like it on the internet
yes there is... it's called Dofus.

You claim you are unwilling to pay because Ankama sucks / This game isn't worth it, I'm gonna find that hard to believe since you actually bother coming to this site and post on the forums.

If this game really sucks and it isn't worth it in your opinion, what are you still doing here? LEAVE, there's a lot of people who would enjoy this game, stop crying about it.

Heck I'm going to subscribe for the whole year, as I'm pretty sure that 50 euros that I would have probably spent on a single date at some restaurant, is gonna provide me with a year of fun, and exclusive stuff that are probably going to be either unavailable to obtain or extremely difficult to do so.

This is probably a marketing strategy that I'm falling for, but what the heck, its worth the fun.
Perhaps you should apply to Ankama's marketing department. Frankly, it sounds more like you're trying to convince yourself that this is worth your money because you want it to be, rather than you actually think it is. You probably know Ankama's interaction with us is near non-existent, so I'm not even sure what marketing you've seen, except a few pieces of shiney junk like subscriber pets and the blind-subscriber bonus.

A lot of people are giving solid reasons why they don't think this game is worth subscribing "yet" (as in, they're implying they would sub if they felt the game was more complete). I don't think it's a good idea to dismiss them, and tell them to "leave".

Unfortunately, the game you get for subscribing "now" does not really compete with a lot of the F2P games... In the future, it might be worth it.
1 0
Respond to this thread