FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Can we have a 2023 Wakfu Roadmap?

By Imoejin#8183 - MEMBER - November 23, 2022, 16:45:18

I just returned to Wakfu after a long hiatus and been enjoying myself again.
I've been playing a Sadida ever since i started and am now thinking of seriously investing my time in Wakfu so I ended up questioning how updated the class was since It'd be a waste to spend so much time & resources just to get it reworked in a few month's time and here's what I found out:

Rework/Revamp or Big Balancing Update dates for all classes:

- Sadida (Minor Update 2020)
 - Ecaflip (Minor Update 2021)
 - Eniripsa

- Huppermage
 - Enutrof

2019 (Big Update)
 - Iop 
 - Cra 
 - Pandawa 
 - Sram

- Feca
 - Masquaraiders
 - Rogue (Big Update)

- Xelor
 - Eliotrope (Big Update)
 - Sacrier (Big Update)

- Osamodas
 - Ouginak
 - Foggernaut

So with the info I got, there's a high chance that there will be an Eniripsa Revamp soon followed by Sadida or Ecaflip? which is exciting but also kinda sucks since we don't really know when these revamps are gonna happen & plan ahead or if they actually will happen.

So If Ankama is listening can we have a 2023 roadmap? especially for class revamps now that the 5 classes  you guys planned to rework in 2020 are completed with the last on the list being Foggernaut at the current 1.78 beta.

I planned to post this on the Sadida class pages but it thought my findings might also give everyone a general idea on how things currently are.

0 -3
Reactions 18
Score : 2329

I think in the past some roadmaps had things on them that went unfinished / delayed, people got angry over it so it was better to just reveal things when they were close to entering the beta server stage. 
Sadi will see its revamp someday, theres no way the devs will let Vood doll strat slide forever.

1 -1
Score : -4826

- close only remaining server

MisutoKiriya#5867|2022-11-23 13:43:47
Man who spilt your milk this morning, I thought you finally calmed down?
But seriously; No one wants to fight, all your angry messages do is make the place look messy for a day or so, then a mod cleans it up. 
unless you are trolling at this point and if thats it; it's been so long, aren't you bored of me yet? 
because I will admit the bait is nostalgic but i'm looking for something new.

Bored of you?  What makes you think this has anything to do with you? I'm posting about this game dieing because that's what's happening. I can open steam charts and see just how many people play this game, and it's a curve that only keeps getting smaller and smaller and smaller.

What makes you think you're the center of the universe?
2 -5

Man who spilt your milk this morning, I thought you finally calmed down?
But seriously; No one wants to fight, all your angry messages do is make the place look messy for a day or so, then a mod cleans it up. 
unless you are trolling at this point and if thats it; it's been so long, aren't you bored of me yet? 
because I will admit the bait is nostalgic but i'm looking for something new.

0 -1

smorespie#2065|2022-11-23 18:17:52
Bored of you?  What makes you think this has anything to do with you? I'm posting about this game dieing because that's what's happening. I can open steam charts and see just how many people play this game, and it's a curve that only keeps getting smaller and smaller and smaller.

Honey, im stunning but since you say the game is dead who else would you be talking to, is there another friend here?
not many people play the game through steam, it doesn't track those logged in through the launcher that Ankama pushes more.
1 -1
Score : -4826

Didn't  realise you're the only person in the thread. Again, everything must be about you.

They might only track the steam people over at steam, but that doesn't change the shape of the curve. Also doesn't change the fact that many people play on two accounts at once, so the game population is possibly half the number you see.

One account doesn't equal one player. If this game was thriving, they wouldn't need to close servers to the point that there's only one left. If they open a monoaccount server, it will be nothing more then a cynical cash grab, because all those people will need things like Adventurer Boxes. But as of right now the monoaccount server is nothing more then wolf tickets.

MisutoKiriya#5867|2022-11-23 14:37:02

smorespie#2065|2022-11-23 18:17:52

Honey, im stunning but since you say the game is dead who else would you be talking to, is there another friend here?
not many people play the game through steam, it doesn't track those logged in through the launcher that Ankama pushes more.
3 -4

smorespie#2065|2022-11-23 20:50:53

One account doesn't equal one player. If this game was thriving, they wouldn't need to close servers to the point that there's only one left. If they open a monoaccount server, it will be nothing more then a cynical cash grab, because all those people will need things like Adventurer Boxes. But as of right now the monoaccount server is nothing more then wolf tickets.

There is 2 servers right now.
So what do you suggest be done to improve the game?

0 -1
Score : 127

- close the remaining servers? I don't think so. I played Dofus when it was still a flash game and its still alive right now. 
- low player numbers? the current server seems fine to me. Plus I don't really care bout the player numbers, I'm enjoying the game even if the servers aren't as crowded as before. to be honest It's peaceful and I actually prefer it this way more than the initial struggle where everyone tries to get everything for themselves.

smorespie, I'm sorry if you're hurt by the game somehow and now you're trying to grab people's attention by cryin here and makin a fuss, but that's not the way to go. This only makes you look bad.

3 -1
Score : 2360

Fyi, Steam Charts only shows user playing Wakfu via Steam.. there are so many players who still use dedicated launcer ( which obviously Steam won't detect )

So whatever you see on Steam Charts, maybe x 2 or 3, im sure there's at least close to 1000 active players in Rubilax give or take 

0 0
Score : 3736

I think there are far fewer entertainment (fun) systems in Wakfu. Toxic systems scare players away, such as demonic pacts or player kiling earlier. For a very long time, toxicity also flourished in dungeons when one player captured the entire leaderboard with 80 characters, receiving a huge number of chests where a epic/relic rune could dropped.
Battlefields are in a sad state as an event that should primarily offer an alternative player mode, and not be such a rare event.
For a long time there were no serious changes in the environment. The political functionality in the game is half broken. What happened to the Haven World system?
I agree with smorespie#2065 . Wakfu is dying.
The introduction of the Rift revived the economy through the sale of pets, but this was followed by a crisis in the form of a catastrophically low price for shards. And how can a new player earn kama if shards as one of the central axes of the economy are at such a low price?
The developers have not added places to the game for a long time that can only be reached with the help of artifacts, swimming areas, interactive objects on the maps so that you can have fun.
Classes update VERY slowly. The Spell Deck system updated all classes (16) in ONE update, bringing content to the game for many years to come. Although, again, this was followed by a crisis in the form of balancing and fixing bugs (and there were a lot of them, including an error when leaving the game in battle automatically ended the battle). The most striking example for me is Xelor Underhand. It allowed you to teleport an object from anywhere on the map. Then the new development team added a condition within 5 cells. And then, with a new revamp, devs castrated Underhand and all the fun. I understand that balancing is necessary, but in some cases it is too unfair and harsh, taking away all the fun. Serious nerfs and the removal of something in the class certainly took a lot of players with them.
The game needs a PvP update (coliseum system), battlefield + politics update, ecology update and of course more fun with classes, more alternative activities besides dungeon spamming or rift farming.
There are rumors that the Wakfu code is a cross-linked canvas and given the complexity of the java code (it is very voluminous), changing past systems will require much more resources. I also do not believe in the success of the mono server, it's only a short-term hype, but it's time to take off the rose-colored glasses and set priorities, make the game more fun and diverse in content.

5 -2

i agree that BF should be available every day again, and add new mode ffs, the BF has been the same since 10 years ago.

I know BF might not be as popular as back in the first few years, but why only open BF on Saturday blows my mind

1 0
Score : 403

it exists already, they did give us something close to it in the ankama stream a month ago 

0 0
Score : 11253

anyway, moving on from the doomsayers and their garbage. seriously if you think the game's dying then leave, noone wants your negativity. the rest of us are having a great time.

a roadmap would be nice, but i can at least tell you that i don't think sadida's getting a change soon. they occasionally take polls and ask us which classes we want to see reworked, and i think there are too many sadida mains out there actively opposing sadi reworks by voting for other classes instead.

1 -3
Score : 17

Looking for sadida revamp to be the next one, they have literally never gotten a revamp, making them the most outdated job of them all.

Specially thematically it fails as a "minion" job as described in the class encyclopedia.

1 -2
Score : 1879

It was mentioned by Siu that single-character server will be releasing Q3 or Q4 of 2023

0 -1

unless they really revamp a mono server leveling curve and more 3 man dungeons, i don't see it being a favorite server and won't have a population

Imagine finding 5 players to do a dg and takes the whole day,  people will just quit

0 0
Score : 127

Well, I dunno how asking for a roadmap turned into "game is dying/dead" trigger for others here. But I understand that those who complain about a dying game is probably on the same page as those who didn't like their comments, we all like the game enough to care.

I didn't intend this to be a game review thread but here's what I think about the game as someone who also works in the gaming industry.

Wakfu when it launched was full of spirit, you can't say the same for the games that come out nowadays especially from big name companies. There's a lot that Wakfu tried to do, gambling on radical mechanics in the hopes that people would love the idea as much as the devs did. They chose to create a new experience rather than sticking to what was already working for whatever successful game that is out there at the time. Some of these gambles paid off and became amazing additions while others made a mess out of the game. They tried to bring something new to the market and as it kept going it kept innovating and fixing, and now its slowed down maybe because of budget but probably also because you can only add so much more "new stuff" before it starts breaking what you already built.

Now we're left with a game that's not offering as much as it once did, the massive amounts of new and novel mechanics before have settled down and become the norm. But the spirit that started it all has never lost its spark, its why we have people like me returning to the game. Because as old as the game is, it still offers something that other games don't. What the creators stood for to bring this wonderful idea of a game still lives in the game: a unique tactical MMO, it's not perfect by all means but for the people it resonated with, it's quite the gem.

Now if you ask me I'd prolly say a third tactical MMO, the culmination of all Ankama has learned  with Dofus and Wakfu... That would probably be the best thing to happen to this niche but passionate playerbase Ankama has managed to create. But that might just end up being a far-fetched dream of mine, so for now, I don't mind settling for Wakfu =]

2 0
Score : 3114

We kinda got one in the newest devblog
TLDR:
Besides the upcoming Fogger we've got
Rework of the different damage types
Rework to Cra and Hupper
Minor adjustments to Xelor and Elio

0 0
Respond to this thread