FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Krosmonote information

By Raheru#4132 - MEMBER - October 28, 2022, 20:18:15

Let's list what they talked about relating to Wakfu.

Mono server: Second half of 2023. A long wait but worth it.

Anyone else have more information?

0 -1
Reactions 9
Score : 5641

And I heard someone said there might be a fogger rework
0 -1
Score : -162

Thanks for that cody5#2705. Very pleased to hear that they want to make the game more accessible; let's hope the stasis levels actually make the game easier, because currently it really doesn't. Overall the game could stand to be more casual to bring in more people.

We're talking profits
They can hire more developers
Bigger updates
A big boom with Wakfu season 4

If they don't cater to casuals there's just no growth, or very small increments of growth. Whether we like casuals or not has no bearing on what running a business should be like.

Looking forward to a time where I can recommend the game to friends and they actually stay in the game past level 100 or 150.

To make it clear, casual doesn't mean that you'll gear up faster or level up faster. Casual means that you don't get curb stomped at xelorium if you pull a mob of 5 enemies and you only have yourself and maybe 2 other friends in your party (a party of 3 people) and you're all level 140-150.

Looking forward to the class revamps; I personally expect sadida, eni, and rogue to be next in line.

1 -1
Score : 3457

Honestly, very satisfied with what they've shown, maybe Wakfu does have a future after all! nothing will make me happier to see this game thrive!

1 -1

It's an unfortunate, lamentable, regrettable reality that it never came through their minds that Wakfu needed to become an accessible game to casual players.

Accessibility doesn't magically make people go from level 1 to 230 in 1 month, no. Accessibility means that if a solo player wants to farm a dungeon or mobs outside that they can do so without getting destroyed. It means that the stasis levels stay as is in the harder levels but become a lot easier than they are now in the lower levels. The more of that that happens, the more players will want to stay and eventually climb up to stasis 22 or whatever the highest number is now.

Mono server is the icing on the cake; that's when ankama will get my money again.

0 -1
Score : 191

hmm i dont think wakfu has a big enough playerbase to make a monoacc server something viable... yes i have no problem being proven wrong int this,
but ankama always makes things like that
"ohhh lets make life easyer for the people who cant multiacc and make a heroes system so they could play like multiacc with a single acount",
"ohh the community is dwindling, too many people playing in their 2 acc heroes bubble... hmm what could we do to remedy that? of course, a monoaccount server!!!!1!!!"...
the same thing will happen like the dofus mono account end game, there will be people doing stuff with virtual box multiaccount in the monoaccount and dominate the server economy,

anyways, i sincerely wish the "balancing" be more about making the crappy classes better, rather than nerfing the beejezus out of the good classes.

oh and since where here, it was about time if they worked on the interface, keep the minimalistic one out of combat, and at least give an option for an advanced interface for combat, a double or triple fixed spell bar showing all the spells, and yes keep the mobile ones where you can drag all around as you wish.

Raheru#4132|2022-10-28 21:55:26
From a UX (user experience) perspective having the UI drastiscally change between in combat and out of combat would be confusing, jarring, and disorienting, inconsistent, and in the end counterproductive in my opinion.

Wakfu's simple UI is actually one of its big pluses, I would hate to see Wakfu get to world of warcraft levels of complexity in the UI.

its not about completely revamping it, just keep the minimalistic one from now standard, but give a more advanced UI as an Option, with at least all the ten base spell plus some racial spell together in a single bar, having to drag around these second and third bar around all the time its kinda getting boring having to do it everyday, but  thats not the treadh for it i believe,

about the monoacc server, cramping everyone in a single server of course will make the game look more lively,
yes ankama will get a hole lot of money because some services like class changes are gonna be used way more since they get to trash certain classes with some frequency, which is a thing in mono servers, you lvl your character, spend a lot of time in it, and ankama comes with the "crap development hammer" in it, and you either change class or lvl up another character making you lose a lot of time,

but ankama coming with this "monoaccount server solution" after making the community used to things like the heroes system and now using it as scapegoat for the actual state of the game is just kinda lame of an excuse, thats not the thing thats making people dwindle out of this game, the lack of incentive for group play, like plus wisdon/prospection for a diversified group of different characters and with each member of the party being an individual and not multiacc, even in the actual server mode, those janky ass confusing questslines which lack some real sense of impact in the game world, in a game which was supposed to be impacted by players...

but i'm curious to see if its gonna be a normal free to play server, or a p2p server, like the Dofus mono account server...

Raheru#4132|2022-10-28 21:55:26
From a UX (user experience) perspective having the UI drastiscally change between in combat and out of combat would be confusing, jarring, and disorienting, inconsistent, and in the end counterproductive in my opinion.

Wakfu's simple UI is actually one of its big pluses, I would hate to see Wakfu get to world of warcraft levels of complexity in the UI.

its not about completely revamping it, just keep the minimalistic one from now standard, but give a more advanced UI as an Option, with at least all the ten base spell plus some racial spell together in a single bar, having to drag around these second and third bar around all the time its kinda getting boring having to do it everyday, but  thats not the treadh for it i believe,

about the monoacc server, cramping everyone in a single server of course will make the game look more lively,
yes ankama will get a hole lot of money because some services like class changes are gonna be used way more since they get to trash certain classes with some frequency, which is a thing in mono servers, you lvl your character, spend a lot of time in it, and ankama comes with the "crap development hammer" in it, and you either change class or lvl up another character making you lose a lot of time,

but ankama coming with this "monoaccount server solution" after making the community used to things like the heroes system and now using it as scapegoat for the actual state of the game is just kinda lame of an excuse, thats not the thing thats making people dwindle out of this game, the lack of incentive for group play, like plus wisdon/prospection for a diversified group of different characters and with each member of the party being an individual and not multiacc, even in the actual server mode, those janky ass confusing questslines which lack some real sense of impact in the game world, in a game which was supposed to be impacted by players...

but i'm curious to see if its gonna be a normal free to play mono account server, or a p2p server, like the Dofus mono account server...

ZEPHYR-3000#1727|2022-10-29 06:54:05
Though I'm not sure if the current state of the game can handle a mono server, nations are very small, there will be a lot of competition for resources amongst other things

yeah, thats one nice point, too, but i believe Ankama is just looking for
3 -2

As for the mono account server, we have 12 months or more until it comes out so we should start voicing out our concerns about end game issues that they should design against for the mono server. It's now up to us to bring up these issues; voicing these issues close to the mono server launch will be too late.

I would solve it by making the mono account easier and a bit more rewarding at the lower stasis levels to offset how hard finding people at the end game levels can be. From a business perspective they would then need to find a way to keep us doing things in the game, I would say but I would argue that finding people to party with already offsets the fact that the game is easier at the lower stasis levels and slightly more rewarding than the heroes server. So again, nothing would have to change at the higher stasis levels, just make the lower stasis levels easier for a party of 2, 3, or 4 people. It's a simple and very elegant solution to the ever consuming issue of creating parties in ankama games.

0 -3
Respond to this thread