FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Tier list 2022 & Where the balance of Wakfu stands

By Raheru#4132 - MEMBER - October 23, 2022, 21:28:19

Well designed: Highly effective; these classes don't need support to be effective.
OK: Effective but limited to their roles as DPS, Positioner, Supporter, etc
Outdated: Afterthought classes. Very slow and uninspired; only a portion of their spells are used and are outclassed by classes that can heal really well like Osamodas.

What's your tier list like? What do you suggest to bring the rest of the classes to the well designed classes like osamodas, sacrier, feca, and sram?
1 -8
Reactions 23
Score : 182

There's a lot I could say about this tier list, but what I'm really questioning is the background logic behind it. I would say that classes excelling at a certain role but not others is good game design; if you have a class that excels at literally everything, that screams overpowered to me. A class that can tank really well but struggles to perform other supporting roles seems to me to be balanced. This game is designed to be played in a team, after all.

0 -1
Score : -162

I'd argue fun trumps everything else.
Osa and Sac are funner than let's say a strictly role based class like Masq or Panda.

Games that push for things that are not fun are the ones that die out. Look at Wildstar. Meanwhile, the mmos that are successful push for "fun first" as the mantra for class/job balance: FFXIV, GW2, WOW.

Do we want Wakfu to remain stagnant or declining or do we want to help it bring and keep new and returning players? That's the question we should be asking.

0 -4
Score : 11505

Raheru#4132|2022-10-24 00:09:06
Osa and Sac are funner than let's say a strictly role based class like Masq or Panda.

Games that push for things that are not fun are the ones that die out. Look at Wildstar. Meanwhile, the mmos that are successful push for "fun first" as the mantra for class/job balance: FFXIV, GW2, WOW.

Do we want Wakfu to remain stagnant or declining or do we want to help it bring and keep new and returning players? That's the question we should be asking.

the fact you describe mask as "role based" and then go on to say "wakfu isn't fun" makes your post indict yourself more than it indicts the game it's supposed to be about.
0 -2

T1gerator#5946|2022-10-23 22:34:37

Raheru#4132|2022-10-24 00:09:06

the fact you describe mask as "role based" and then go on to say "wakfu isn't fun" makes your post indict yourself more than it indicts the game it's supposed to be about.

Masq is an example, not the only one. That in itself indicts your comment more than it does mine.
The game indicts itself, it has been stagnant and/or declining for 10 years.
0 -3
Score : 182

I completely disagree that Masq is locked into doing one role. They just have to change their mask and they can instantly position or heal or damage. I am struggling to understand your logic here.

1 -1
Score : 11505

ah, my apologies. i like to respond to people based on what they did say, not what they didn't, which is why my post regards something that you did say that i think is wrong (mask being 'limited to roles' when it has three roles it can play simultaneously). since you are trying to put me on blast for something that we both understand i did not say (something regarding literally every single other class in the game), it's clear that there is a divide here. i'm sorry if this is cause for confusion or alarm.

0 -2

So now you resort to trolling? You quoted masq but ignored the "Panda, etc" part of the sentence. If I got masq wrong; fine, don't need to be a bag about it and ignore the rest of my statement, essentially halfquoting and misquoting me.

0 -4
Score : 3457

As someone else said, fun is very subjective, for me is a combination between visuals / animations / gameplay example:

-Osa's visuals resonate a lot with what I look for in a fantasy race and gameplay is incredibly fun for me, this compensates for their lackluster animations, specially on the dragosa department, thus the reason I'm not even considering dragosa until it gets a visual overhaul, specially now that is a melee transformation

-Sram Visuals are kida disappointing (though it looks that's about to change), but gameplay and animations are very smooth, thus this class is fun for me, nothing else to add

-Feca's visuals, chef's kiss, animations became worse after every revamp, shields no longer have animations, just a png on top of your dude, and you are half of the time in an armor that only has one animation for actions and its used half of the time... and his gameplay is alright, the only reason I play them is because I love their visuals.

-Eca is in a similar spot as Feca for me, but I find their gameplay and animations so atrociously unfun that I cannot get myself to enjoy them

I'm also enjoying Eniripsa a lot since the last update, though it has some visual bugs (where are their wings during combat????)

Last but not least, give Foggers back their gun >:C

1 -2
Score : 1080

Personally I wouldnt call Fogger "ok".

4 -1
Score : 191

ohhh thats what they call trolling right, guys i think he's trolling...rolleyes smh

the fun aspect, its a really personal thing, im kinda grumpy with changes, specialy when it looks worse than before, an example, old feca was heck of a fun class because of how solid the race was as tank/suport, 
they mostly turned the class inside out into something else because the community is....lets say not smart enough to ask for buff in other classes that do need (like fogger or rogues at the time and even to this day are crap), but instead they ask for nerfs in classes that are solid,

i main a Sadida, with distance dmg build, and to me it is ten times more fun than playing with a Cra, which could do the same thing and probably way better, but feels plain boring,
the heck you call outdated about Sad, the class is very versatile, and thats very fun, most people uses sad as an alt  healing buffbot, and dont make use of most of the class kit because of that,

man i'm losing time in this

0 -1
Score : 3457

I swear Ankama hates fun

You are not allowed to have fun >:C

(I included Feca because many have told me that they liked the old one more, I personally like em' both, what was, objectively a true tragedy, was the Foggers, almost all of my Fogger friends have told me than they miss the old feel, and specially, the gun xD)
7 -1
Score : 1080

I miss old feca and fogger... so much...

3 -1
Score : 5641

I think calling rogue "outdated" is a weird take considering the were recently reworked, but huppermage and elio are "ok"?

And if we are talking about flexibility despite your naming scheme, I think eca, ougui and masq are top tier in terms of gameplay flexibility (while elio can barely do damage)

0 -2
Score : 3761

ZEPHYR-3000#1727|2022-10-25 13:11:26
I swear Ankama hates fun

You are not allowed to have fun >:C

(I included Feca because many have told me that they liked the old one more, I personally like em' both, what was, objectively a true tragedy, was the Foggers, almost all of my Fogger friends have told me than they miss the old feel, and specially, the gun xD)

You forgot one more ambiguous door, in which they carved a lot more, and did much less good in comparison with their love for Feca and Osa ph34r The Xelor community has lost a lot of players who have been playing this class for years and haven't returned yet.

4 -3
Score : 1260

With how you defined “outdated”, why aren’t Fog and Elio there? They are prime examples of what NOT to do when reworking classes.

5 -4
Respond to this thread